RANGERS-LIGHTNING GAME 2

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, May 18, 2015.

1. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

The home game 2 flat loss after a win game 1 curse...LOL.

2. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Wow was Pierre watching the game? They gifted half those goals to TB and played their worst game since November

3. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    3 pp goals and a short hander breakaway...you see that everday out of the rangers...pierre join your fucking buddies back in Chicago so don't have to listen to more incompetence .

4. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

I will never go to another Ranger playoff game and
    get ripped off with the worst display of hockey I
    have ever seen.
    There is no destiny in this team.
    They literally stunk up the joint. Believe me, it was worst in
    person than watching it on TV. The only consolation
    was that I did not have to listen to the TB accolades.
    Complete ripoff.......cost of a ticket and the horror
    on ice.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  5. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

Chuck, Disturbed,

Yes, I did say that after game 1 with Caps Series. But this last game was worse IMO. I am just concerned that AV is going to lose this series and gets me thinking if perhaps he is not a playoff coach who can get it done in the end.

I feel for cage. I was thinking about those fans who paid so much money to go see that game and see this disgrace.

I think I was less upset after loss in SC finals last year. At least they gave their all and were unlucky in OT. This was just horrible and there is no excuse. I blame AV for not taking St.Louis off power play.

If you remember in game 7 it was Miller and Hayes that scored that important first goal on PP. Miller and Hayes are second PP unit and looked way better than St.Louis unit. AV is stubborn and that just drives me crazy. AV makes it hard on the players IMO. Instead of making adjustments and forget about loyalty, the players have to really work hard to get it done.

There were 3 teams that I was concerned with: Boston, LA and TB. Two of them did not make the playoffs and one we are playing right now.

I am sure if we can get past TB we will win the CUP. I guarantee it, I am just not sure if we can get past TB. This is the Stanley Cup right now.

6. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    #1. It's 1-1 2009. They aren't down 0-2. They aren't down 3-1. It's 1-1 and they Dominated TB in game 1. This will still be a long series nobody should be surprised by this it's how the Rangers roll in the playoffs

#2. This team plays its best hockey w adversity. They also are the best road team in NHL the past 2 seasons under AV. Let's eait until they are actually trailing in the series before we start w the doom and gloom

#3. Last night was a horrible game by pretty much everyone. It's frustrating but it's only 1 loss.

#4. AV isn't the problem. The problem is the team cannot finish right now and their top players are playing poorly especially MLS. That can change though. The teams strength is its D and Hank anyway. If they start to finish this team will roll.

#5. If they beat TB they will have a war in the Finals whoever they play it won't be easy. This series is not the Cup far from it.

7. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Tampa is a very good hockey team. They have outscored the Rangers 23-10 in the five games this season.

Loss 5-1
    Loss 4-3
    Loss 6-3
    Win 2-1
    Loss 6-2

We can say the regular season results don't matter but looking at them might be a grim reality.

8. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Come playoff time, the regular season games usually have
    no bearing on the outcome......for many reasons.
    Mess, I just hope you are wrong with your score results.
    But I'm really PO at the team's undisciplined approach.
    Gun and shoot never was a tactic under AV. They looked
    laughable, pitiful, and embarrassing.

9. chuckd3534

I don't think regular season results from late Nov mean a damn thing Mess. We were a different team then for sure. If you told me we played them in March I would put a little value on them, but results from nearly 6 months ago don't mean anything to me.

Dis is 100% correct. But the board is doing what it does every time we lose a game. I expect it and am not concerned with it. I expected 1-1 (as everyone should have). I expect 2-2 (as everyone should have). We'll see if we can get a win down in TB, won't be easy, but we clearly can win one down there. This is why I wanted home ice against TB. I always figured they'd get one in NY and we'd need to get one in TB. Now go get it done.

And BTW cage, you are so over the top and dramatic it is laughable. IT WAS ONE GAME. You guys are out of control...LOL.

10. chuckd3534

I'll also add, shocking the WCF is also tied 1-1...welcome to the NHL playoffs. If you haven't realized just about every series starts 1-1 in the NHL. Teams down 1-0 know they simply cannot afford to go down 2-0, and then be expected to win 4 of the next 5 games, very unlikely.

Both CF's tied 1-1, the way it should be really, now we see if the Rangers/Ducks can get a W on the road to get home ice back.

11. chuckd3534

Look at it this way. Would you rather be the Rangers, who outside of 5 or so minutes at the end of the 2nd period didn't show in game 2 and got beat down 6-2 OR the Ducks who played two games in one and lost a heartbreaker in the 3rd OT. I rather be the Rangers.

You can gain motivation from that "performance". You should be able to easily flush that performance. Much tougher for the Ducks IMO.

12. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

There's two ways of looking at that Chuck. First is, if you're the Ducks, you're just one lucky bounce from being up 2-0 in that series so you feel confident that you can compete with that team. If you're the Rangers, you look at it like its a wash and we just forget about that game because we were awful in it and didn't play our game. Second is, Ducks suffered a crushing loss by not capitalizing and going up 2-0. And the Rangers got dismantled and now have to try and regroup against a team they struggled mightily against in the regular season who they could not contain (yes it was back in November/December, but those thoughts seep in when they beat ya pretty handily in the reg season and then did so again). It doesn't really matter what we think though. We're not the players nor the coaches. It only matters what they think and how they react. Hopefully it's a positive reaction and they get their heads outta their asses and play their game otherwise it'll be a LONG night again.

13. chuckd3534

From my POV I rather be able to flush a game down the toilet and move on rather than having to get over losing a game late in the 6th period. That's how I would view it if I were a player. A no show performance is something I would flush. A no show performance is something that could motivate me. Losing a game in the 6th period is a crushing L (and an uplifting W for the Hawks). That is very similar to how we lost game 1 to the Caps. Those kinds of L's test you mentally as well.

With that said I expect the Ducks to be fine, and we are kind of getting off on a bunny trail anyway, but I think getting beat in the 6th period is darn tough to stomach.

As for the regular season, again means zero to me. Actually less than zero. I don't care about games nearly 6 months ago. I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with this at all. If the Rangers lose to the Bolts it won't be because 6 months ago they beat us 3 times in two weeks.

I understand as fans we need to go over the top after a win (oh my god we'll sweep/short series) and after an L (oh my god we are awful the sky is falling). It is what fans do.

I expect 2-2 back to NY, now get it done.

14. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I think the way the Rangers lost Gm 2 is easier to get over because you can just say "it was one of those days" as it was not like them to play like this. It is much easier to get over it the following morning than if you lose a hard fought game. Think Caps game 5. They were leading all game long, Rangers tie it with less than 2 mins to go in the 3rd and then win it in OT. That type of game is much bigger heartbreak and harder to get over than a blow out game.

15. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I would agree. Lets face it they got their ass whipped on home ice. You would expect a response in the name of a much bigger and better effort in game three.

16. chuckd3534

Look at it from a fans POV. I know when we lost game 1 against the Caps I was crushed. To lose like that or in OT, especially late in the 3rd OT, can be crushing.

I was at game 2 and wasn't even that down because we played like crap. I am going to get upset when we didn't show? I was like whatever, if we couldn't bother to show for game 2 of the ECF then why should I get all worked up.

So while we are not players, we can tie some fan POV to this, and for me game 2 was flushed as I walked out of MSG. Games where you lose in OT (or like game 1 Caps) are much tougher for fans to get over IMO, and I would guess the players are similar.

The only caveat I would add is if this becomes the norm, say TB whips us again tonight for example, then there is an issue. But right now to me I say flush game 2 and move on as I did as I walked out of MSG that night.

17. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    I look at it as this....did we play our A game...hell no...did we play our B game, again NO...and how did we lose...we lost to 3 pp goals and a short hander...so if we play our normal game...that shit doesn't happen.

Come out in the first 5 minutes and forecheck..put the pressure on their back end..put one behind the giant and roll from there.

18. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

If I paid tons of money to see a game in the playoffs and they played like crap, I would be very pissed. No matter what game it is.

19. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    that is the chance you take when you go to a game. sorry but players are humans and sometimes shit happens and you don't get the best out of them everytime

20. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    or sometimes the other team just takes it to you