Rangers Lightning - Pivotal Game 3

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Disturbed, May 20, 2015.

1. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

I don't like Cooper. He is one cocky son of bitch who has not won shit yet.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

That was another all-time Ranger playoff 'classic' Mess:dry:

3. Stepupstepan

man, I am getting tired of hearing how great this tampa team is and how this fucking triplets are great. I hope to god they shut them out the next game.

4. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yup, minus 1994 and pre WWII sadly when it comes to this franchise there's more of these than much else.

5. Ranger71

In the 80s they seemed to lose every playoff OT game, except against the Caps in 86 with Brooke and McClelland.

6. Stepupstepan

LOL...weren't they losing like almost every single game in OT the past five years except this year?

7. Ranger71

The Hossa goal at the igloo in 08 i think it was.

8. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

Why bench, move Nash and St.Louis to the 4th line. Don't bench them but simply put them on the 4th line. Hags, Moore, Miller and Hayes,Brassard and Shepard or even Glass. I actually think Glass is better than those two.

On a completely different note. I never would have thought how irrelevant Caly and B.Boyle are. I am so glad we don't have Caly's contract. Wow! That is 6M of savings and now we can just let St.Louis walk and free up 5.5M in the offseason. I mean Boyle would have been great on the 4th line here, but I got that one wrong. AV said last year, that there is a role for Boyle on the 4th line and if he wants it it is his. He was right. Strallman is a different story but he is not the reason at all why we lose or win this series.

I am very disappointed with outcome, but cannot say that I did not expect it. I was afraid of Tampa since game 1 of regular season.

By the way, Al by watching the replay McD did try to take a man. This one is completely on Hank.

9. Messiah717

Well, they come out in game four with a big effort or they go out meekly. I really just don't know if they can suddenly take three out of four games against this Tampa team. A lot is going to have to change in order for that to happen. It has to start with Hank being far better.

10. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Once again. Run and gun doesn't work. They are playing Tampa the same way they did in the regular season.

11. Messiah717

The defense and Hank have been horrid. I don't see it as the Rangers trying to play a wide open run and gun style with Tampa. The Rangers need to be more physical or they will continue to get run over. Hank needs to put this behind him and play one of if not his best game of the playoffs on Friday. On one hand you want to just say screw Rick Nash but how do you win when you're 42 goal scorer in the regular season becomes completely invisible in the playoffs? I mean for crying out loud Boyle and Fast now have more goals than Nash.

12. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Still time for Nash and MSL but that window is closing... MSL gets chances but cannot finish

13. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

How do they win next game? A two-goal lead was nothing in this game. Unless they play Rangers hockey and the defense and Lundquist play like they should they won't win

14. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

If the Rangers would play defense, they could get past Tampa without Nash. Not in the finals. However, doesn't seem like the team wants to do that. Especially the defenseman.

The positive is that Fast, Hayes and Miller are starting to look like they might be good, future, playoff players. Especially Fast and Hayes. Negative is that the 4th line should be a checking line to go against Tampa's top line and it isn't because AV has insisted on putting out Glass all season. That line has been ruined.

15. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

I think everyone needs to chill out and let this series play out. Look at ALL the posts about how terrible we played last night. All the posts about Hank being awful last night. The D...terrible. Nash and MSL...terrible. Hank...terrible. On and on. And guess what...we lost a coin flip in OT.

So after ALL that terrible play and a couple of soft goals by Hank, we were right there to win a coin flip OT in their building.

I can tell you right now I still have faith. I believe the team will play better tomorrow night. I believe Hank will certainly play better tomorrow night. I also believe TB is going to score some goals tomorrow night, so to win we will need to score.

At 2-1 down I am not giving up, and after a coin flip OT game I am not sure why anyone would (despite 80% of the board doing so). You win tomorrow night and we are back in control heading home tied 2-2 off a win. Tomorrow night is it IMO. We are not coming back from 3-1 down against this team that can score like they can, so we need to win game 4. Not much else to say. And after seeing us play poorly on D and Hank allow a couple of soft goals and we STILL went to a coin flip OT, I see no reason we can't win game 4. At the very least I think the D/Hank play better and we have a solid shot, which is all we can ask for, from there the chips will fall where they may win or lose.

16. TommyD

TommyD New Member

I'll be in Tampa Friday night at game four. Perhaps I will bring them some Irish luck. I'll have to listen to that f%^&ing bugle like I had to listen to the cowbells at Jeter's last game in St.Pete. Hopefully I will not have liisten to that hick WWE type announcer give scoring on Bolts goals. Time for Hank to come up big and pitch a shutout.

17. Malco

Malco Member

To lose the game on that kind of shot when you have a world class goalie in the net is brutal. That is the kind of game you need to steal when you are playing a team that matches up real well with you. I definitely think they are better offensively than us, of this I have little doubt. Where we should be better is in the net and defensively and well we haven't been the last 2 games and that is why we are down..AV has to get in Nash's face and tell him to play brutally, for him and St Louis to be so invisible AND yet still get all the minutes they get is a huge disadvantage for us.

18. TommyD

TommyD New Member

Love JR's comment about Nash doing a "fly by" instead of going to net and looking for a rebound on his wrister late in the third.

19. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

yea that was great, TD. I like JR and loved the way he played the game. He has every right to call Nash out.

20. Messiah717

It's impossible for everyone not to be calling out Nash at this point. 56 career playoff games and 7 goals speaks for itself.