Rangers Lightning - Pivotal Game 3

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Disturbed, May 20, 2015.

1. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

ha, true story. JR's "fly by" term was great and spot on.

JR and Shanahan are 2 players i really enjoyed watching. Wish i was older when they were in their prime to better appreciate what they did.

2. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    You need to see the entire picture... 4 rangers were in the picture when he carries the puck over the blue line, Tampa was in the midst of a line change no reason to all the speed and access to the middle of the ice.

Again Hank is at blame big time for letting a soft goal. Not once have I said it was a hard shot and give him a pass..... But... Again there is no reason for that player to gain access to the zone unabated.

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Staal, Girardi and McDonagh rarely knock anyone on their butt entering the zone, they rely on positioning and got burned by it.

4. TommyD

TommyD New Member

JR's book is great. I ran into him at Butler Golf course. Nash had just been traded to Rangers and asked him what he thought of the deal. He said it was great for the Rangers. He is a member of Whisper Rock in Scottsdale. A clubhouse guy tells me he runs up and down Camelback mountain just so he came come in and have a few vodkas on the rocks

5. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'd put Nash on the fourth line.

6. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

Al, he skated 2 feet into the zone and put a wrist shot towards the net. Give me a break bro. That has NOTHING...0% to do with the D...ZERO.

Not sure what else to say. It was on Hank, as you said, and it should stop there no need to add any comment about the D on that play.

Anyway, I am done and over with it. We lost and the D and Hank played poorly. Must win game 4, that simple to me. Game 3 is over and nothing can be done about the outcome. Just focus on game 4.

7. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant

really...not one player touched him from the redline in...again...no way should hank not make that play but...why is four guys in the picture two of them drifting back? ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

you were right about one thing...it had 0 defense...ziltch..nada...lets just let the guy fly in thru the neutral zone, gain the blue line and take a wrister...oh by the way...no one else was entering the zone with him...but hey lets just put blame on the END of the play

8. chuckd3534

It was a wrist shot from just inside the BL. Make the f'ing save. I mean come on now. At some point in time it is what it is. Hank needs to stop that puck...period. Not sure what else needs to be said.

9. Messiah717

Al you need to move on with this already. That was a joke of a goal.

10. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Yea Al, the guys been the backbone for this team for years and all these playoff runs but he is our best player hands down.... That wrister was just horrendous to give up in overtime

11. chuckd3534

That's the point. I am saying soft goal. That is all. I am saying nothing bigger than that, and I fully expect him to bounce back big tomorrow night. Bad goal at a really bad time, now we move onto game 4.

12. Messiah717

Yup, can't replay the games except in your mind. Doing that isn't going to change the result. The series is 2-1 Tampa and they need to win game four tomorrow night. That's all there is to it.

13. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

So much negativity but that's the one definite constant on this board, same shit went on when the Caps went up 3-1. I'm with you Al, that picture epitomizes the Captain's play this year, all he has to do is give Kucherov a shove and the shot never happens but instead McD opts for the weak one handed poke check. Yes Hank's play in the last 2 games has been spotty to say the least and he gave up a terrible goal but the defense has been brutally soft. The guy I'm most concerned with now is AV, he knows how to win in the regular season but seems to be very stubborn with his postseason game plan. As crappy as they played the Rangers still had an opportunity to win early in overtime.