Rangers vs. white trash Flyers

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Feb 28, 2020.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Hank might get the start. Let's hope he doesn't suck.

2. kreidertime

No Georgiev in. Back to back, at Philly where they are like 22-5. That's tough.

3. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Huge game. If things fall right tonight the Rangers can move into a playoff spot.

4. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

And if they win tonight and Sunday only 1 point behind the flyers

5. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

They need to send the team to a faceoffs seminar this summer.

6. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Kreider fractured his foot blocking a shot in the first. Fabulous.

7. Ranger71

Kreider out with a fractured foot..FFF!!

8. kreidertime

As soon as Kreider got hurt the team fell apart

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  9. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Obviously Kreids is not someone they can replace. Hopefully, others can step up till he gets back but will be tough with the upcoming schedule but we’ll see. Guy that needs to step up and start acting the part of the 2nd overall pick in the draft is MR. KAKKO. Your 19 now yoube had time to get adjusted now start putting the puck in the goddam net. Well see what their made of now.

10. kreidertime

Wrong. Not putting that kind of pressure on a just turned 19 year old. How about Trouba stepping up and not sucking on defense for a change. Or Buchnevich actually scoring without other players carrying his worthless ass. Or Howden who the coach sucks off actually doing something consistent offensively. Better yet, why don't they put Gauthier on a real fucking line and actually give him a chance. Put him on the PP and tell him to take Kreider's role. You were giddy you got him and then give him 7 minutes of ice time.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  11. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was listening to the game and after Kreider got hurt I fully expected to hear that Gauthier was parked in front of the net on the PPs but nope. I don't think it's too much to ask of Kakko to pick up his game ALTHOUGH we are 60+ games into the season and there is no way he is accustomed to playing this many games in a season regardless of it being at the highest level. Everyone needs to step up in Kreider's absence with the exception of Panarin, that guy is amazing. The rest of them there is all little things they can do better.

12. Ranger71

Buchnevich didn't seem mentally ready to be back in last night, and Staal was pretty bad, but the team looked physically and mentally shot for the most part. Georgiev was good despite giving up 5. The main thing regardless of what happens is Kreider and Shest getting back to 100% in the offseason and figuring out what to do with Staal/Smith and the RFA's. Maybe both 1st rounders end up in the top 15.

13. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Staal's always bad, has been top 3 worst dman in the NHL for years, definitely the softest. I don't mind Smith, he's versatile and twice the dman Staal is. I agree guys should step up, the shot at a playoff spot should be enough to motivate them.

14. kreidertime

You're lost. Staal had a bad game but he's been good this year. You're just lying your ass off if you think otherwise. He was also very good a couple of years ago on a crap team. Smith sucks dong compared to Staal. It's a joke you think that scrub is twice the d man Staal is. Give us a break. Your one of many in our fan base who just continues to pick whipping boy after whipping boy with our defenseman. Maybe if the dumb fuck forwards would actually learn how to cover the high slot and the points, the team wouldn't give up 35 to 45 shots a game.

15. panzerporter

You're the poster whose claim to fame is creating clever handles suggesting management dump every player on the roster for the past 20+ years . I've wanted Staal gone since his brother cheap shotted him so same whipping boy though from a business standpoint I didn't mind Skjei getting traded. Smith can play 4th line too that's why he's more valuable to me than Staal but no worries here if he's traded. I think the Rangers young defemsive unit is coming together but what does Marc Staal have to show them? Thanks for the memories Marc, sorry your bro is such a dick but like Hank it's time to move on or up into the executive level. The new blood has some winning to do!

16. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

I wouldn't let one bad game overshadow what Staal really has done this year. He has been a reliable presence who can still make smart defensive plays. Past his prime? yes but not without value to this team right now.

17. kreidertime

Your Just one of our many posters who does nothing but blame our defenseman it got old years ago

18. Ranger71

The forwards definately give more cushion than a Serta mattress but that goes to an overall lack of length or quickness in the group. Drafting a few more high end forwards should help. That's been going on for years though.

19. kreidertime

There has been very little wrong with Staal's game this year. Skjei and Trouba have made countless more dumbass mistakes than Staal has. The forwards suck ass other than 3 or 4 at playing defense. Somebody posted a stat on another board which said the last 35 or 40 games Staal has been on the ice for less even strength goals than all but 9 other defenseman in the league. That's exactly my point. Anytime a defenseman on this team gets paid well and has a down year or a down stretch, our fan base labels them shit for the rest of the career and closes their eyes to when they actually play well. As I also said before. I would never sign with this team as a free agent defenseman when you look at the track record about how the fan base treats any defenseman getting paid well who doesn't play every game like a star.

20. panzerporter

I partly agree with what that poster wrote - "Staal's been on ice less" as all 3rd pair dmen should. If you're still doing fantasy hockey dump, where does Staal rank in your league? Ranked #161 on the site I used to play - that's dumpster fire level. I think what happened to Marc at the hand of his brother was awful, that pos affected his career, then taking a puck to the face made a bad thing worse but the fact of the matter is the Rangers have all these prospects waiting and a playoff run gives immeasurable experience to young players.

theProdigy223 likes this.