Forum Game Rank the current top five PG’s

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Further, Apr 25, 2019.

1. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    This is my kind of subjective version of a PG. Initiates the offense, gets guys in the right spots, communicates and calls the plays. Identifies mismatches and will break a play to get the team to exploit the mismatch, its the PG’s job to get the whole team in a place where they can succeed. Too many times I feel like its turned into, “who dribbles the most”, and while ball handling is important its only a small part of the job.
    I can see an arguement for Harden doing some of those things. Definitely lebron, Giannis no and this isnt because I dont like his game, its just because thats not the role he plays. KD doesnt play that role either.

2. PCmor7

PCmor7 Generational Poster

Saying this for years
    Oh, for heaven's sake. YOU just dismissed LeBron and KD for your very same preconceived notion ... even though they do exactly the same thing that Harden does.

I'm not being dismissive of your argument because I am stuck in dogma. I'm being dismissive of your argument because you circle back on yourself when it doesn't fit what you want. And I am being dismissive of your argument because it's "D'Antoni says it so that's what he is."

If I called you 8-foot-2, would you be 8-foot-2? If I said you were a ficus, would you be a ficus?

This is what I mean about the people I dealt with. They said something and their only argument was that they wanted it that way. The one girl wasn't my height because she wasn't my height. It had nothing to do with a preconceived notion other than an established length of measure is what it is, not what you want it to be.

illmatic99 likes this.
  3. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    KD to me doesnt play the role of PG for GS, I think a better arguement could be made for Draymond than KD. Like I said above its subjective and just my opinion, but I dont see KD in that role. I think you could make an arguement that Harden does, but Hardens role is different than KD’s in my opinion.

4. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

Fail. I already explained that LeBron and KD play different roles for their teams, being secondary ball handlers much of the time.