Raptors Official Offseason Thread (Signings, trades, etc)

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by jbbCourtVision, Apr 3, 2004.

1. VinKanaddy

VinKanaddy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ADubb20:</div><div class="quote_post">Who do you guys all want as a PG free agent pick listed top 3?</div>

1. Derek Fisher
    2. Rafer Alston
    3. ?

For those of you who believe that we can sign both a C/PF and a PG.. the Raptors barely have 5 million in cap room, and that's using the mid-level exception.. unless we somehow wind up with a solid PG and C who want to get paid 2.5 mil per season, we can't fill two spots with free agency. If Lamond Murray terminates his contract however, we'll have extra 4.5 mil cap room to spend and that's gonna be a completely different story.

2. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

Derek Fisher wants to go to Houston by the way...He wants to go REAL bad.

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

4. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

Forget About Fisher Because Like Someone Says He Wants To Play For Housten Forget Hudson Like Og Said He Will Probably Re-sign. Whats The Chances Of Nash Signing With Us. So We Should Just For Get About Them. But Right Now Toronto Can Offer Either Fisher Alston Or Hudson Offers That May Not B Countered. But All 4 Of These Guys Are Targeted By Other Team Or Want To Play With Other Team

Hudson-resign Or Utah
    Nash-resign If Not Phenox Wants Him And Will Offer A Big Contracat
    Alston-wants To Play For The Bucks
    Fisher-wants To Play For Housten And Housten

Did Everyone Forget About Brent Barry He Plays Point. La Is Eyeing Him But He Will Have To Take A Major Pay Cut. Housten Wants Him But If Housten Gets Him Then Fisher Will Proabbly Be Avalible.i Remeber Right B4 The Trade Deadline They Were Talkin About Tradin Barry For Marshall

5. thedude9990

^^^ Just Read On Usatoday.com (click Photos The Freeagent Class) It Says That Is Nash Does Not Sign With Dallas Expect Him To Sign With Toronto The Fact That He Is Canadian

6. v_carter15

v_carter15 JBB JustBBall Member

^ seriously??? Is there a link for that article?

7. raptor_dc

raptor_dc JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thedude9990:</div><div class="quote_post">^^^ Just Read On Usatoday.com (click Photos The Freeagent Class) It Says That Is Nash Does Not Sign With Dallas Expect Him To Sign With Toronto The Fact That He Is Canadian</div>

Oh please let that be true. Somehow if they can get him they will have to trade players like alvin, lamond, or marshall. But i like Marshall, but Nash would be good for the team and for the country. But i just can't see any team who would talke Lamond, but you never know we were able to get rid of Michael Stewart.

8. thedude9990

9. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">DALLAS -- Dallas Mavericks free agent guard Steve Nash reached a verbal agreement Thursday night to sign with the Phoenix Suns, ESPN.com's Marc Stein has learned.</div>

Deal reportedly five years, over $65M

10. thedude9990

guess its not true i just read that he has verebaly agreed to sign with pheonix! this sucks 1st babcook or watever his name is is gm which pisses carter off then they pick that guy in the draft that pisses carter off now nash isnt coming and carter wants a trade!

11. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thedude9990:</div><div class="quote_post">guess its not true i just read that he has verebaly agreed to sign with pheonix! this sucks 1st babcook or watever his name is is gm which pisses carter off then they pick that guy in the draft that pisses carter off now nash isnt coming and carter wants a trade!</div>

How can you blame Babcock for Carter's baby-like actions. Its Carter's fault hes mad, not Babcock's. If Vince would just suck it up once in a while everything would seem normal.

Also, since when was Nash ever coming, there hasn't been any news like that since February. This shouldn't be a surprise to Raptor fans that he signing with Phoenix, the contract hes getting we couldn't match anyway.

12. thedude9990

i no i just found out the contract didnt expect it that high and i gues ur rite but im just pissed i guess

13. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

thedude9990: just wondering if you're "the dude" that always asks questions to Tom Tolbert in his ESPN.com chats.

14. thedude9990

nope i dont even go to espn.com unless its a link from nba.com or something

15. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

the raptors announced their summer league rosters and there are two dudes that i'm intrigued by; jr bremer and that farmer dude. i was shocked to hear that bosh would be part of the team, its just indicates to me that this dude is going to be special. if vince had bosh's maturity and heart we might have advanced passed the second round. btw, i happen to think that vince is the world's most immature 27 year old.

16. VinKanaddy

VinKanaddy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post"> btw, i happen to think that vince is the world's most immature 27 year old.</div>

and you are what? the world's most immature vince basher that likes to use all these thesaurus words? give me a break

17. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting VinKanaddy:</div><div class="quote_post">and you are what? the world's most immature vince basher that likes to use all these thesaurus words? give me a break</div>

what? take some zoloft.

18. DeeBum07

DeeBum07 JBB JustBBall Member

A great FA center TO should get

Greg Ostertag is an unrestricted free agent he would be a great fit on the raptors team.

19. ADubb20

ADubb20 JBB JustBBall Member

Ostertag is an old white guy who should retire. He wouldn't benefiet our team because he's too slow and Sam Mitchell want's to run a fast paced offence.

20. Gotrunks226

Gotrunks226 JBB JustBBall Member

Just because Sam Mitchell wants to run a fast paced offense doesn't mean u need a fast Center to run too....