Raptors Official Offseason Thread (Signings, trades, etc)

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by jbbCourtVision, Apr 3, 2004.

1. v_carter15

v_carter15 JBB JustBBall Member

We don't need a slow, aging center on the team, period. He's not a bad player...but i don't think he'd fit well here in T.O.

2. ADubb20

ADubb20 JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think he's a bad player im just sayin he's not the right player.

3. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting v_carter15:</div><div class="quote_post">We don't need a slow, aging center on the team, period. He's not a bad player...but i don't think he'd fit well here in T.O.</div>

Why don't you explain why he'd be a bad fit?

To me, if we can even afford him, Greg Ostertag could be a great fit for this team (I'm not saying hes a great player). Hes been around for a while and he could give some good help to Araujo, and this would prevent Bosh having to play <u>any</u> center minutes (with having 2 legit centers). Hes got experience, being to the finals with the Jazz. He would be a great fit beacause he's not a huge scorer, something that is not a huge need, despite being the lowest scoring team in the league last year (when healthy this team can score). Hes obviously big, and hes an OK rebounder, most of all it would give us more depth at a weak spot on our roster.

The big delema is affording him. If we're going to sign a PG I doubt we'll have enough to afford him, unless he'll go for 3 mil or less.

4. Swiftnicity

Swiftnicity JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thefranchise3:</div><div class="quote_post">Why don't you explain why he'd be a bad fit?

To me, if we can even afford him, Greg Ostertag could be a great fit for this team (I'm not saying hes a great player). Hes been around for a while and he could give some good help to Araujo, and this would prevent Bosh having to play <u>any</u> center minutes (with having 2 legit centers). Hes got experience, being to the finals with the Jazz. He would be a great fit beacause he's not a huge scorer, something that is not a huge need, despite being the lowest scoring team in the league last year (when healthy this team can score). Hes obviously big, and hes an OK rebounder, most of all it would give us more depth at a weak spot on our roster.

The big delema is affording him. If we're going to sign a PG I doubt we'll have enough to afford him, unless he'll go for 3 mil or less.</div>

I agree... Ostertag could fit nicely... he doesn't demand shots... but on the other end, he'll block a boat load...
    the biggest obstacle is getting him... not only does Utah want him back... but Dallas would also like his services (and we can't get into a bidding war with the crazy Cuban).

5. Tomac54

Tomac54 JBB JustBBall Member

what about Adonal Foyle, he is 6ft 11in, and a great shotblocker. he played on the warriors last year, and is a free agent. i think he would fit in very nicely with the raps.

P.S.- if u guys want him go to The Rapter, go to his site http://www.adonalfoyle.com/home.shtml tell him he should go to the raptors.

6. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tomac54:</div><div class="quote_post">what about Adonal Foyle, he is 6ft 11in, and a great shotblocker. he played on the warriors last year, and is a free agent. i think he would fit in very nicely with the raps.

P.S.- if u guys want him go to The Rapter, go to his site http://www.adonalfoyle.com/home.shtml tell him he should go to the raptors.</div>

There are many other teams that are in the hunt for Foyle, I doubt we have a chance. Also, you honestly think that he will listen to replies on that?

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

I heard Foyle has agreed to re-sign with the Warriors, so he's not on the market anymore.

8. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

I heard that he flew to Boston to meet with Ainge. I was hoping he would land in Milwaukee.

9. boykins_381

boykins_381 JBB JustBBall Member

cap space

i was just wondering who the raps are paying that isn't with the team. i knoe ko will still get paid and montross as well. i was wondering about the other personnel like wilkins and hakeem.

<font color="Red">I merged your thread here.
    -thefranchise3</font>

10. dunksworth

dunksworth JBB JustBBall Member

hhmm, I was pretty sure Montross' contract came off the book this off-season as well as Wilkin's and Hakeem's. At the moment, the only people I can think of who are still getting paid who aren't on the team are Huffman and KO.

11. v_carter15

v_carter15 JBB JustBBall Member

Does anyone think Glover should be re-signed? I didn't think he was that bad..he's got a decent shot and his playmaking abilties are not bad as well. Would it be good to re-sign him or would we just be wasting our money when we could be getting something better?

12. moooooooo

moooooooo JBB JustBBall Member

trade idea

how bout this trade

Raptors Trade:Vince Carter
    Raptors Recieve:Jamal Masburn, and David Wesley

New Orleans Trades:Jamal MAshburn, and David Wesley
    New Orleans Recieve:Vince Carter

Just an idea b/c VC said he would like to go to New Orleans

13. boykins_381

boykins_381 JBB JustBBall Member

aint gonna happen. NO already has baron davis who takes most of the shots. They need the strength upfront. Also Wesley is a waste. He is talented but he passed his prime. he is like an older version of mo pete. also, he might get some of bosh's touches even though bosh could use his experience. overall, i wouldn't do tha trade

14. Xcalibur815

Xcalibur815 JBB JustBBall Member

Trading Block

too bad this free agent season raptors missed out on a lot of good players all they need to do now is make a trade
    tha players on the trading block should be:

Corie Blount
    Donyell Marshall
    Jerome Moiso
    Lamond Murray
    "Milkshake" Milt Palacio
    Alvin Williams

GET A SPIC VET TO TEACH ARAUJO THE GAME
    PAU GASOL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

15. VinKanaddy

VinKanaddy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Xcalibur815:</div><div class="quote_post">too bad this free agent season raptors missed out on a lot of good players all they need to do now is make a trade
    tha players on the trading block should be:

Corie Blount
    Donyell Marshall
    Jerome Moiso
    Lamond Murray
    "Milkshake" Milt Palacio
    Alvin Williams

GET A SPIC VET TO TEACH ARAUJO THE GAME
    PAU GASOL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]</div>

Corie Blount is a free agent and I doubt the Raps will resign him unless they are desperate.. Milt Palacio.. lol I doubt any team will want to take him unless he drastically improves his jumper. We don't need a Pau Gasol. What we need is a centre that bangs in the post, not a power forward we have plenty of.

16. Gangsta_nerd

Gangsta_nerd JBB JustBBall Member

Orlando trades: C Kelvin Cato (6.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 25.3 minutes)
    C Grant Hill (6.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 25.3 minutes)
    C Jameer Nelson (6.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 25.3 minutes)
    Orlando receives: SF Lamond Murray (6.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 15.7 minutes)
    PF Donyell Marshall (14.7 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 36.5 minutes)
    SG Jalen Rose (15.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 5.0 apg in 37.9 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +30.1 ppg, +9.7 rpg, and +6.4 apg.

Toronto trades: SF Lamond Murray (6.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 15.7 minutes)
    PF Donyell Marshall (14.7 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 36.5 minutes)
    SG Jalen Rose (15.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 5.0 apg in 37.9 minutes)
    Toronto receives: C Kelvin Cato (6.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 69 games)
    C Grant Hill (6.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 69 games)
    C Jameer Nelson (6.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 69 games)
    Change in team outlook: -30.1 ppg, -9.7 rpg, and -6.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Orlando and Toronto being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Orlando and Toronto had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whats up everybody this is my first post so be nice. What do u guys think of this trade I was watching the beyond the glory on grant hill and think he might be able to make a come back this year. And it would be awsome to get jemeer I have a very good feeling about him. We would also be getting arid of lamonds contract.

17. jenike

jenike JBB JustBBall Member

Grant Hill is just too much of a risk to take at his salary level. When his contract expires, he will be paid much less due to his age and physical problems. I see the appeal of this trade, but just to risky for a first year GM to make.

18. ADubb20

ADubb20 JBB JustBBall Member

I don't see any appeal in doing that. I mean you'd shaft Jalen's contract and in the meantime pick up Hill's. Jalen is better at this time in their careers simply becuase of Grants injuries.

19. Carcharias

Carcharias JBB JustBBall Member

Lil' Nervous

Is anyone else a lil nervous with the lack of player movement for the Raptors. The top free agents are all but signed...minus Dampier of coarse (which of whom I do not trust to be more than a one season wonder). Asides from the VC fiasco, the Raps have been REALLY quiet.

It looks like if there are going to be any significant changes, it will be through trades.

[​IMG]

20. McGrady^1

McGrady^1 JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think we need trades to get better, just a coach to get us in the right system. I mean we have enough talent to make the playoffs i think. Plus, everyone needs to be healthy, and start giving the 110% every single night.