Raptors Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by og15, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Baller#1

Baller#1 JBB JustBBall Member

Regarding Vince and Jalen, looks like NY is in play, and they're willing to take Jalen -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writ...book/index.html

Personally, I would love to see Carter in NY, hope he finds the passion and revives his career again, especially with a tough hard nosed competitor like Isaiah Thomas to light a fire under him. Only problem, is who are we going to get from NY? I don't like Tim Thomas at all, hasn't done anything since he was a great 6th man with the Bucks, 5 years ago. Classic case of getting paid, and dissapearing. Obviously the NO trade sounds more enticing. But any trade involving Rose has to be considered addition by subtraction.

2. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

ny is the only team willing to take jalen's contract as well, maybe we should try to divest ourselves of alvin as well in any potential deal with the knicks. i would love crawford but isiah is shrewd and he knows crawford has much more upside then rose or cater.

3. skip

skip BBW Member

TT also has a monster contract so theres really no point of us sending rose to NY for another big contract

4. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DerfZ:</div><div class="quote_post">TT also has a monster contract so theres really no point of us sending rose to NY for another big contract</div>

yeah well less years, more upside and less disturbance in the locker room.

5. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">yeah well less years, more upside and less disturbance in the locker room.</div>
    So let me get this straight, we want our players to work harder, so we go after Tim Thomas??????

6. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">So let me get this straight, we want our players to work harder, so we go after Tim Thomas??????</div>

og i don't know what your getting at.

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">og i don't know what your getting at.</div>
    I don't like Tim Thomas [​IMG], such a dissapointing player, we should just get some guy that isn't super skilled but works hard and has an expiring contract [hmm...]

8. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't like Tim Thomas [​IMG], such a dissapointing player, we should just get some guy that isn't super skilled but works hard and has an expiring contract [hmm...]</div>

yeah well i want an expiring contract as well, i've stated as such numerous times. however, i've come the realization that most team are spend thrifts, they aren't going to assume j.rose's contract unless we take back something burdensome as well.

9. deception

Toronto trades:
    PF Donyell Marshall (10.6 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 23.4 minutes)
    PF Jerome Moiso (1.8 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.6 minutes)
    Roger Mason (No games yet played in 2004/05)
    SF Vince Carter (15.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 3.0 apg in 30.4 minutes)
    SG Jalen Rose (14.6 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 30.9 minutes)
    Toronto receives:
    C Jamaal Magloire (14.1 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.8 minutes)
    PG Baron Davis (24.6 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 8.0 apg in 37.0 minutes)
    Jamal Mashburn (No games yet played in 2004/05)
    SF George Lynch (4.3 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.0 apg in 22.5 minutes)
    PF David West (6.6 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.9 apg in 18.1 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +6.8 ppg, +5.7 rpg, and +6.1 apg.

New Orleans trades:
    C Jamaal Magloire (14.1 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.8 minutes)
    PG Baron Davis (24.6 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 8.0 apg in 37.0 minutes)
    Jamal Mashburn (No games yet played in 2004/05)
    SF George Lynch (4.3 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.0 apg in 22.5 minutes)
    PF David West (6.6 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.9 apg in 18.1 minutes)
    New Orleans receives:
    PF Donyell Marshall (10.6 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 23.4 minutes)
    PF Jerome Moiso (1.8 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.6 minutes)
    Roger Mason (No games yet played in 2004/05)
    SF Vince Carter (15.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 3.0 apg in 30.4 minutes)
    SG Jalen Rose (14.6 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 30.9 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -6.8 ppg, -5.7 rpg, and -6.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

when healthy our team would look something like this:

Starters Bench
    Magloire &copy; Woods &copy;
    Bosh (pf) West/Bonner (pf)
    lynch (sf) l.murray (sf)
    davis (sg) mo. pete (sg)
    altson (pg) milt (pg)

10. skip

skip BBW Member

wow... but i tihnk NO is getting ripped off bigtime..

11. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DerfZ:</div><div class="quote_post">wow... but i tihnk NO is getting ripped off bigtime..</div>

i think so too, but new orleans isn't in the best bargaining position considering they are 1-17 and magloire, davis and mashburn are on the IR.

12. og15

og15 JBB *********

Yea that's true, thay can't say they're winning, I think we leave David West and it's good [​IMG]

13. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

NYK Trade Scenarios

http://newyorkpost.com/sports/knicks/32694.htm

I was thinking about trades that would benefit the Raptors and the knicks, and I think that Carter and Jalen for Crawford, Mohammed, JYD, and some1 else possibly Tim Thomas would help the raps.

The Raptors new line-up:

Skip / Palacio / Mason Jr.
    Crawford / Murray
    Bosh / Thomas / Mo Pete
    Donyell / JYD / Bonner
    Mohammed / Woods / Arujo

I know that Bosh's position isn't SF, but I was thinking that even at PF Bosh seems to get overpowered all the time, however he is athletic enough to run past them. Bosh could probably play SF, and it would improve his touches and take advantage of his agility.

KG played SF for his first few years due to the fact that they had established centers and power forwards. KG is 7-1, and playing a smaller position seemed to help his court awareness and improve his general game.

I just think that if we were to split the minutes between Bosh, Donyell, and JYD and Bonner at the 4 wouldn't work, and Bosh being at the SF could improve our rebounding and his game.

If you have any different trade scenarios that you think are better for Toronto, or you think are more likely to happen, put a post up. I'm not sure if we would need Tim Thomas, b/c of our current roster. We don't need JYD, but man I love the guy.

14. MaxaMillion711

MaxaMillion711 ...?

Mixer
    I hope Thomas doesn't give up crawford...Marbury, Carter and Crawford...thats a nice combo.

15. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

he already said crawford is untouchable

16. Beat

Beat JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SkiptoMyLue11:</div><div class="quote_post">http://newyorkpost.com/sports/knicks/32694.htm

I was thinking about trades that would benefit the Raptors and the knicks, and I think that Carter and Jalen for Crawford, Mohammed, JYD, and some1 else possibly Tim Thomas would help the raps.

The Raptors new line-up:

Skip / Palacio / Mason Jr.
    <font color="Red">Crawford </font> / Murray
    Bosh / Thomas / Mo Pete
    Donyell / JYD / Bonner
    Mohammed / Woods / Arujo

I know that Bosh's position isn't SF, but I was thinking that even at PF Bosh seems to get overpowered all the time, however he is athletic enough to run past them. Bosh could probably play SF, and it would improve his touches and take advantage of his agility.

KG played SF for his first few years due to the fact that they had established centers and power forwards. KG is 7-1, and playing a smaller position seemed to help his court awareness and improve his general game.

I just think that if we were to split the minutes between Bosh, Donyell, and JYD and Bonner at the 4 wouldn't work, and Bosh being at the SF could improve our rebounding and his game.

If you have any different trade scenarios that you think are better for Toronto, or you think are more likely to happen, put a post up. I'm not sure if we would need Tim Thomas, b/c of our current roster. We don't need JYD, but man I love the guy.</div>
    Yall not getting Crawford

17. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BobbyEscobar:</div><div class="quote_post">Yall not getting Crawford</div>

Could you make a trade scenario, that doesn't involve crawford? If Isiah said that crawford is untouchable and he said Houston will not be traded. How can a deal be made?

Lets assume that a trade can work, what will NYK do with Starbury, Crawford, Houston, Jalen, and Vince. Too many star players at the SG / SF.

Please outline a trade that works.

18. McGrady^1

McGrady^1 JBB JustBBall Member

Ya. what...do u really expect us to give away vince and jalen for tim thomas and mohammed and a few more scrubs?

19. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Oh God not New York...The deal I would want is the one with Portland where we get NVE and Reef...Portland Gets Eddie Jones and VC, and Miami gets Jalen Rose. Put fillers in where necessary...Works out well for all sides, but I would like to get Darius Miles [​IMG], although I don't see him being traded.

20. deception

if we could get crawford and mohammed i would do the deal because both are young and are laden with potential whereas our two are eroding in ability.