Raptors Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by og15, Dec 3, 2004.

1. og15

og15 JBB *********

I don't want Crawford anyways, I'd rather get Shareef, some people can try to talk about potential, but Craford is 25 and has already been in the league 5 years, and hasn't shown any signs on mild consistency, is still a crappy defender, and is a chucker/soft outside shooter, no thanks.

2. dunksworth

dunksworth JBB JustBBall Member

^just nit-picking, Crawford is actually 24 with a little over 4 years league experience. I agree with you though, I think he's not as good as some people make him out to be. He's an extremely streaky shooter who's contract seems like one that will be burdensome in the near future. But if we were to make a deal with the Knicks, I'd rather have him than some of the guys Isiah's willing to dish out.

I don't have a clue why Thomas is so active in acquiring Carter. His offer of TT, H20, JYD and filler for Carter, Rose and filler is very insulting to Babcock. If he isn't willing to give us Mohammad or even Crawford, then I don't see a point in continuing discussions with him.

3. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

^ its just crazy Isiah and the ridiculous NY media pumping these rumours. They have no chance of aquiring Carter...not unless they're willing to part with Crawford and good filler, Nazr and alot of good filler, or Marbury. And he wont, and probably shouldnt, with the exception of crawford, who i agree is overrated

4. NFLC50

NFLC50 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I think that the Raptors need to trade VC for maybe kenny thomas and willie green. They need a PF off the bench and Green is also a rising star. The only reason that he doesn't get enough respect is because he backs up AI.

5. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

^ kenny thomas and willie green for carter.....a bit light i think. And if i remember correctly Thomas's contract is a joke.

6. dunksworth

dunksworth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Clock Killer:</div><div class="quote_post">I think that the Raptors need to trade VC for maybe kenny thomas and willie green. They need a PF off the bench and Green is also a rising star. The only reason that he doesn't get enough respect is because he backs up AI.</div>We need a PF off the bench? Ummm, as it stands we have 4 pfs coming off the bench for Bosh (Marshall, Bonner, Sow, and Moiso).

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

Yea we don't need a PF off the bench, and Green isn't a rising star, Green is a guy that will give you 13-15 points, and about 4 boards and 3 dimes or so a game, I wouldn't consider that being a rising star lol

....but we don't need anymore PF's unless the players is good, KT isn't bad, but not "good".

8. wvsw!

wvsw! JBB JustBBall Member

which team will want rose with a decent trade....
    i tried to unload him myself in the realgm, but he's contract is too big, and none of the teams have the cap nor the interest in taking him as i assume, unloading rose along with zo will be a huge....so huge that it could mean more then carter's trade, coz when carter was here, he's defence doesn't seem that bad, but after carter, he is the one to be picked on. so here goes.
    any trade ideas that will benefit our team?

9. skip

skip BBW Member

absoloutly none! right now i'd rather have kept A.Davis

10. BoShSaNiTy

BoShSaNiTy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DerfZ:</div><div class="quote_post">absoloutly none! right now i'd rather have kept A.Davis</div>

no no no dont say that hes terrible.

11. skip

skip BBW Member

at least his contract isnt as horrible as jalens

12. wvsw!

nah, i could keep rose, coz at least he likes being on our team, AD just used us as a stepping stone to get his freaking $$

13. BoShSaNiTy

BoShSaNiTy JBB JustBBall Member

i really think that they should get rid of Rose and Zo and a 1st Round Pick and get some young talent maybe like J.R Smith and Magloire from the hornets.

14. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

i got an interesting trade idea: about Donyell Marshall and the first round pick from philly for Nene and Nikoloz Tskitishvili. and we would waive loren woods after the move. denver is looking for shooting and veterans so the move addresses our needs. from a raptor standpoint we get a stud in waiting in the form of nene and we could flip Tskitishvili for a draft pick.

Toronto trades: PF Donyell Marshall (11.0 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 1.2 apg in 25.3
    minutes)
    Toronto receives: PF Nikoloz Tskitishvili (2.3 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 8.4
    minutes)
    Nene Hilario (No games yet played in 2004/05)
    Change in team outlook: -8.7 ppg, -5.0 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

Denver trades: PF Nikoloz Tskitishvili (2.3 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 8.4
    minutes)
    Nene Hilario (No games yet played in 2004/05)
    Denver receives:
    PF Donyell Marshall (11.0 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 1.2 apg in 25.3
    minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +8.7 ppg, +5.0 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

15. skip

skip BBW Member

i severley doubt this would happen bt its a great trade

16. nkwu

nkwu JBB shoehead

whoa, whats up with Nene?! Where have I been!?

17. og15

og15 JBB *********

Denver needs Nene at center, a solid big in the West is more important than getting shooting.

18. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

man I would love it if we could somehow manage to get magloire. If we could trade Aaron Williams and Lammond Murray, or Aaron Williams and Donyell, it would work out.

19. wvsw!

wow, i love to c that deal happen, nene has the k-mart like potenial, and tsk. could be a gasol in making, for marshall and a 1st round of any that we have, i'll jump on the deal in a heart beat, but that deal will never work for denver coz they gave up on 2 potenial stars....[​IMG]

20. bball_spida

bball_spida JBB JustBBall Member

Toronto really shouldve tried getting more for carter. jefferson for carter? wonder how jefferson and bosh would play?