Raptors Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by og15, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting wvsw!:</div><div class="quote_post">wow, i love to c that deal happen, nene has the k-mart like potenial, and tsk. could be a gasol in making, for marshall and a 1st round of any that we have, i'll jump on the deal in a heart beat, but that deal will never work for denver coz they gave up on 2 potenial stars....[​IMG]</div>

gasol in the making? umm...lol. have you seen nene play? there isnt anything finness about his game. probably the only similarity between their games, is the position they play

2. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting wvsw!:</div><div class="quote_post">wow, i love to c that deal happen, nene has the k-mart like potenial, and tsk. could be a gasol in making, for marshall and a 1st round of any that we have, i'll jump on the deal in a heart beat, but that deal will never work for denver coz they gave up on 2 potenial stars....</div>
    I don't think so...

3. K Bomber

K Bomber JBB JustBBall Member

4. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting K Bomber:</div><div class="quote_post">The Toronto Sun is reporting currently, there is interest in Donyell Marshall from New Jersey in the light of RJ's injury. Now who would you want from that line-up??

Supporting files: From the Toronto Sun Jan 13-2005</div>

MOISU!!!!!! We need Moisu back [​IMG]

I think the only people that I would be interested in are,
    Collins
    Krystic
    Buford

however New Jersey lacks big men, so they might be reluctant to give up Collins or Krystic.

I'm not sure how good Buford is, he seems to be ok all around.

5. BoShSaNiTy

BoShSaNiTy JBB JustBBall Member

why r we all still talkin about Nets...the raps r done dealing with the Nets and arent gonna deal with them ever again hopefully.

6. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

i'd trade Marshall for one of their trade expceptions and then pawn Rose off for some low level scrub or a 2nd round pick. Maybe we could grab another pick from them in the process.

7. 02civic

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bball_spida:</div><div class="quote_post">Toronto really shouldve tried getting more for carter. jefferson for carter? wonder how jefferson and bosh would play?</div>

that wasnt gunna happen.

Hey i'd like it too though. And then we can deal Rose for Shaq and be set.
    but then i wake up and realize that most GM's rarely make trade decisions while mixing lines of cocaine with bottles of Bourbane

8. wvsw!

wvsw! JBB JustBBall Member

Toronto trades: C Alonzo Mourning (10.4 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.4 minutes)
    PF Donyell Marshall (10.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.1 minutes)
    SG Jalen Rose (14.9 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 2.0 apg in 28.9 minutes)
    SF Lamond Murray (7.3 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 16.9 minutes)
    Toronto receives: C Samuel Dalembert (5.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 21.4 minutes)
    Glenn Robinson (No games yet played in 2004/05)
    SG Anfernee Hardaway (5.8 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 1.9 apg in 22.0 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -32.1 ppg, -10.9 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

Philadelphia trades: C Samuel Dalembert (5.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 21.4 minutes)
    PF Brian Skinner (2.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.5 minutes)
    Glenn Robinson (No games yet played in 2004/05)
    SF Aaron McKie (1.2 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.4 apg in 12.2 minutes)
    Philadelphia receives: PF Donyell Marshall (10.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.1 minutes)
    SG Jalen Rose (14.9 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 2.0 apg in 28.9 minutes)
    PF Jerome Williams (5.2 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 17.1 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +22.1 ppg, +2.7 rpg, and +1.7 apg.

New York trades: PF Jerome Williams (5.2 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 17.1 minutes)
    SG Anfernee Hardaway (5.8 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 1.9 apg in 22.0 minutes)
    New York receives: C Alonzo Mourning (10.4 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.4 minutes)
    SF Lamond Murray (7.3 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 16.9 minutes)
    PF Brian Skinner (2.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.5 minutes)
    SF Aaron McKie (1.2 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.4 apg in 12.2 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +10.0 ppg, +8.2 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

raps should be the biggest losers out of them all, philly gets what they wanted from marshall and rose, ny gets to dump 2 bad contracts, and get the defence they lack from skinner and mckei.

bab should make the draft if a draft or 2 is involved from philly. any comments?

9. skip

skip BBW Member

we lose a ton of scoring... [​IMG]

10. wvsw!

wvsw! JBB JustBBall Member

yeah, thats 1 thing, but we r more focus on the future than, now, after this season, we'll have robinson off our books, and hardaway as a trade bit, or he can come off our book next yr as well. and we'll have a upgrade from our pg, from palaico, since i dont think he isn't doing a good job for us. hardaway will have more of a shooting touch off the bench, if there was a draft involved i think we could win huge from this trade.

11. 02civic

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting wvsw!:</div><div class="quote_post">yeah, thats 1 thing, but we r more focus on the future than, now, after this season, we'll have robinson off our books, and hardaway as a trade bit, or he can come off our book next yr as well. and we'll have a upgrade from our pg, from palaico, since i dont think he isn't doing a good job for us. hardaway will have more of a shooting touch off the bench, if there was a draft involved i think we could win huge from this trade.</div>

that trade would HAVE to involve something more coming the Raptors way in the form of a pick or two AND a young player. New York gives up 2 medium players and gets back 3 equal or better players and 1 potentially big player if he gets his injuries sorted out. In short....Phili gives up the 3 best players not in a Raptors uniform.
    I'd consider it if i was Babcock only if i got at least 1 first rounder for next year, or maybe the year after. But preferly a handful of 2nds as well.

12. VinKanaddy

VinKanaddy JBB JustBBall Member

That trade posted up there is non-sense. Not only would Zo not want to go to New York, why would the 76ers want Jalen Rose? AI hogs the ball and he and Rose will never, NEVER get along on the court. Let the Raps play with the roster they have right now until the trade deadline, and if nothing gives, trade Rose, Marshall, and maybe Murray. If things go well and we get a playoff berth, leave the roster as it is until the off-season.

13. JuggyJugs

JuggyJugs JBB JustBBall Member

Whats the possibility of getting Jamaal Magloire

14. JuggyJugs

JuggyJugs JBB JustBBall Member

what draft picks do we have left
    not including the first rounders

15. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J.?Rob Babcock talked to this guy and that guy and a couple of other guys on the weekend and while it was nice to chat and get caught up, the Raptor general manager has come away from the conversations less than enthusiastic about making a trade this week.

"I'd say it's probably not 50-50, it's more like 35-65," said the basketball-executive-turned-oddsmaker. "There've been lots of talks, we're very active in talks but there's nothing imminent and nothing mind-boggling.

"We're talking to just about everybody."

But in the fast-paced word of NBA trade deadline talk ? teams have until 3 p.m. Thursday to consummate deals ? hours after Babcock made that assertion, another rumour popped up around league circles.

The latest has ? guess who? ? Donyell Marshall packaged off to the Miami Heat for a variety of jetsam and flotsam, perhaps including veteran swingman Wesley Person, who has one year left on his contract, young free-agent-to-be Malik Allen and possibly a draft pick. </div>Source