Rasheed Wallace And Mike James Traded To Pistons

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by Shard, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

HaHa Piston fans have fun now, but dont cry later when Rasheed is hanging around the 3pt line chucking up 3pt shots late in a playoff game. And Larry Brown left Philly to get away from a problem called AI. What is he going to do when he has to try & remove Rasheed out of the face of a ref after sheed picks up a tech. LB has the NBA biggest problem now, good luck.

2. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">And Larry Brown left Philly to get away from a problem called AI. What is he going to do when he has to try & remove Rasheed out of the face of a ref after sheed picks up a tech. LB has the NBA biggest problem now, good luck.</div>

Good point there.

3. PyroManiac

PyroManiac JBB JustBBall Member

Well, that may be true Henacy. Did you see Larry Brown's quotes about Rasheed Wallace? It was nothing but praise, I believe that Brown thinks that he will be able to handle Rasheed. The quotes were about how Brown likes Carolina guys.

We'll see what happens, but if he works out, expect the Pistons to be a true contender.

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">HaHa Piston fans have fun now, but dont cry later when Rasheed is hanging around the 3pt line chucking up 3pt shots late in a playoff game. And Larry Brown left Philly to get away from a problem called AI. What is he going to do when he has to try & remove Rasheed out of the face of a ref after sheed picks up a tech. LB has the NBA biggest problem now, good luck.</div>

Sheed and Brown are both UNC guys, they have that chemistry and if all else fails he can get Ben to knock some sense into him.

You fail to realise Pistons gave up NOTHING to get a proven scorer and a good shooter

So If he doesn't work out somehow, Brown still has players who can step up

This trade gives more options, thats it.

5. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

FINALS. There, I said it. How can they not, unless Rasheed proves to be too combustible on a team of goodie goodies? That would seem to be the only problem.

A lineup of Billups, Hamilton, Wallace, Wallace and Okur is too big for anyone in the East to handle, and still has that outside perimeter force. And with Prince and Williamson coming off the bench, I feel safe saying that Detroit is the team to beat.

A big question that should be hanging in the air: what happens next year? Dumars obviously wants to be able to re-sign Okur and Prince, as well as Milicik in a couple years. So is Rasheed a part time deal, like Payton with the Bucks last year?

Whatever the answer is to that, this year they're a powerhouse, and I'd put them at the bottom end of the Western powers. Not good enough yet to beat them, but good enough to rape the East and put up a fight in the Finals.

6. iamme

iamme JBB JustBBall Member

oh yeah.

i almost lost hope that we wouldn't get Rasheed.

AND we get Mike James? I think that's an upgrade at the back up point too!

the only caveat is this off season. we may not be able to resign Rasheed and Memo. Rasheed might want to bolt to NY too.

7. cArMeLo15

cArMeLo15 JBB JustBBall Member

Ah yes, I knew there would be a buzzer beating deal. There always is. =)

8. iamme

here's some food for thought. what do you guys think about Rasheed actually wanting to stay in Detroit?

guys here seems to appreciate teh fans and the town. i remember an interview with Johny Morton (Lions) and he talked about how much he loved the town. today, Chucky Atkins was talking about how sad he is to leave Detroit. Ben Wallace always talks about how he appreciates the fan support.

maybe, just maybe, Rasheed will come to enjoy it here in Detroit. guess we'll see [​IMG]

9. BigMemo

BigMemo JBB JustBBall Member

This is great news, and I'm even more excited that the Celtics took Atkins so that we can resign Memo in the offseason. Ok, I'm not really more excited about that, but it is a plus. Also, Mike James has been solid in Boston. I know it's sort of a "rental" for Rasheed, but we'll get the help we need in the playoffs. :bigthumbu

10. PyroManiac

Now, this brings up a very interesting question, is Danny Ainge a complete idiot?

Mike James is better than Chucky Atkins. Not only this, but he threw away Chris Mills with his expiring contract, putting Boston in worse position for the off-season.

Ah well, Joe Dumars is an amazing GM. He is able to make the team better without losing anybody important.

iamme, I sure hope that Rasheed stays. However, it will be difficult because he says that he wanted to play in New York. Let's just see. [​IMG]

11. BigMemo

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PyroManiac:</div><div class="quote_post">Now, this brings up a very interesting question, is Danny Ainge a complete idiot?</div>
    Yes, he is a complete idiot. I'm surprised he didn't offer us Jiri Welsch. He's a moron. I can't stand him, he's ruining one of my favorite teams!

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Danny Ainge keeps making one bad move after another

Mike James is a key addition

Averaging 10 points 4 assists a game while hitting a good % from behind the arc.

13. iamme

question: does Rasheed have to sit out a game? or can he play on Friday vs. the T-Wolves?

14. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

I'd think he'd miss tomorrow's game.

15. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

He has to take his physical first

It's not known wether either will play tomorrow.

16. PyroManiac

I hope so, it would give Pistons fan an earlier and quick representation of the new team.

I'm glad that we got Mike James, he is a good player, and his numbers will help the Pistons out. I'm so happy that Joe Dumars is our GM and not Danny Ainge. :P

17. iamme

damn, i'm tempted to rearrange my schedule and go to Friday's game.

especially if it's Rasheed's debut

18. Nylex

Nylex JBB JustBBall Member

Damn you Detroit! [​IMG]

19. BigMemo

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">He has to take his physical first

It's not known wether either will play tomorrow.</div>
    I'm going to that game, so I really hope he plays! It's the only game I can go to this year so I've got my fingers crossed. Maybe Darko will play, too...haha, yeah right.

I'm in such a good mood because of this trade!

20. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Good thing is guys

Even if Sheed and Mike don't play, It's still basically the same team that is 3rd in the east and the same team that took Wolves to the buzzer in Minny.