Rasheed Wallace And Mike James Traded To Pistons

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by Shard, Feb 19, 2004.

1. iamme

iamme JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Good thing is guys

Even if Sheed and Mike don't play, It's still basically the same team that is 3rd in the east and the same team that took Wolves to the buzzer in Minny.</div>
    well, we wouldn't have a back up PG.

2. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Sheed and Brown are both UNC guys, they have that chemistry and if all else fails he can get Ben to knock some sense into him.

You fail to realise Pistons gave up NOTHING to get a proven scorer and a good shooter

So If he doesn't work out somehow, Brown still has players who can step up

This trade gives more options, thats it.</div>

Haha you believe that college spirit stuff if you want too. Its not Dean Smith were talking about hear, Its Larry Brown. The only thing that LB & Sheed have in common is that at one time they both went to the same college during 2 totally different eras. I not convinced that just because you are alums of the same school you have automatic respect & chemistry for one another. I mean George Karl & MJ both went to UNC & they had their verbal disagreements in the past. But they never really had to deal with each other because George Karl never coached any of MJ teams. But that pretty much would tell you that just because they both are from UNC doesnt mean Rasheed is going to automatically respect him. And do you really believe that in the heat of battle when Rasheed is having it out with the refs, he is going to stop & say "wait maybe I shouldnt do this because I have to much respect for coach Brown because he from UNC" hmmm....I dont think so. Rasheed is the hardest player to stop once he goes off on the deep end. And I do realise that you guys really gave up nothing, thats why I said it was a great move by Joe D in my earlier post. But do I think it makes you better than the Nets or Pacers, NO.

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting iamme:</div><div class="quote_post">well, we wouldn't have a back up PG.</div>

It's not like Atkins did much in that game though, depth might be a problem at point guard and shooting guard but surely Dumars will make a few signings to clear that problem.

4. PyroManiac

PyroManiac JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, and if Rasheed and Mike don't play, Darko pretty much has to play. Without him, Ham and Corliss would see quite a lot of minutes at the 4 and 5. Not to mention, having no backup PG or SG.

5. Ravenous

Ravenous JBB JustBBall Member

sheeds a free agent next year...he will prolly not be in detroit again next year!

6. BigMemo

BigMemo JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ravenous:</div><div class="quote_post">sheeds a free agent next year...he will prolly not be in detroit again next year!</div>
    We don't want him in Detroit again next year, we just need him now for the playoffs. Next year that money will be put to good use in other ways. I doubt they'll try to sign him.

7. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

wow ...Pistons vs Nets ECF but I don't know if the Pistons will be able to beat the Nets even with Sheed. I love Mike James great trade for the Pistons..

btw , lol Hawks could be something good next year they are really working for next season only.

8. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Damn, nice pull by Dumars. I think most of us could have assumed this trade was going to happen though. With this deal, I think this makes the Pistons the best team in the Eastern Conference, even over a hot Nets team. Their frontcourt is now one of the best in the league, with some good backcourt play as well. This will be very exciting to watch in the 2nd half of the season.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Nets/Pacers/Pistons just got a wee bit more interesting eh? [​IMG]</div>

Or, maybe not with Artest being out "indefinetley". I look for the Nets/Pistons to be the top contenders in the playoffs anyways though.

9. CANT STOP ME

CANT STOP ME JBB Probationary User

the pistons got a lineup and bench better than the kings IMO.

10. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

K-Mart vs. Sheed in the ECF. Now that's more like it. Although it probably would still be K-mart vs. Big Ben.

11. Duece~2

Duece~2 JBB JustBBall Member

Remember "Sheeds" Leading In Flagrant Fouls? But He's Good In Good Behavior Tho.

12. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Now they officially made a Bad Boy 2 team.

13. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CANT STOP ME:</div><div class="quote_post">the pistons got a lineup and bench better than the kings IMO.</div>

The Sacramento Kings? I know it's your opinion, but that's crazy to say. Kings have 3 All-Star calibur players(counting Webber) in their starting lineup, with a solid point guard in Mike Bibby, and their bench is much better. I'm not the type of person to defend the Kings either, being a Laker fan.

People are overracting a bit too much on this trade, I know it will help the Pistons in a big way and I favor them to win the East but let's not get out of hand.

14. PyroManiac

Seriously, lets be realistic. We may have a better starting lineup than most of the teams, but I would not say that we have a better bench than the Kings, especially when Webber comes back. We lost some depth with this trade, which will also allow us to make the rotation smaller and hopefully become more consistent with it. However, this also makes us have a weaker set of reserves.

15. OgShowtime

OgShowtime JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PyroManiac:</div><div class="quote_post">Not getting cocky, just having some fun. Rember though, when the Lakers were healthy, the Pistons nearly beat them at Staples (94-89) and won at home. (106-96) I'm just saying that the playoffs will be interesting. [​IMG] We now have a better chance to beat Indiana and New Jersey in the playoffs. Lets just hope that Rasheed Wallace fits in with the other Pistons and doesn't drag down the team.</div>

That's cool man, I'm just jabbin' you a bit. You have every right to be happy about this trade. Believe me, I do remember how tough the Pistons were on the Lakers earlier this season. They handed them a solid beating in Detroit and nearly came from behind to beat them at Staples. That was the main reason I picked Detroit as my eastern conference winner, after seeing the way they played against the Lakers I figured that there was nobody in the east who could challenge that frontline - now it just got better! I'm still sticking with my guns and picking a Lakers/Pistons championship, how cool would that be? I've been waiting for the rematch ever since '89. [​IMG]

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

If Sheed plays the way we all know he can thats there's no doubt in my mind Pistons will be in the finals. When he is on he is one of the 15 best players in this league, can score downlow, shoot the ball from three, rebound with the best and is such a good defender.

Expections will be like they are for the Lakers to be honest. Best team on paper and therefore should go face to face in the finals. But with the NBA, nothing is a sure thing.

17. PyroManiac

OgShowtime, it would be an interesting finals if it was Pistons/Lakers. Too bad that the results would be the same as the '89 season. :mrgreen:

If we are able to play as a team and with consistency, then we have to be favorites for the East. Rasheed Wallace is a very good all around player and with him our front court becomes one of the best in the league, if not the best.

The only thing I can say at the moment is a long thank you to Joe Dumars. [​IMG]

18. OgShowtime

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PyroManiac:</div><div class="quote_post">OgShowtime, it would be an interesting finals if it was Pistons/Lakers. Too bad that the results would be the same as the '89 season. :mrgreen:

If we are able to play as a team and with consistency, then we have to be favorites for the East. Rasheed Wallace is a very good all around player and with him our front court becomes one of the best in the league, if not the best.

The only thing I can say at the moment is a long thank you to Joe Dumars. [​IMG]</div>

Ahh, the smell of a old rivalry being brought back to life! Man, I hope for the good of the game that this does revert back to a volatile rivarly between these two teams. It'll never be the "Bad Boys" vs. "Showtime" again, but in many ways these teams are quite comparable to those of the 80's. There's only one thing I won't miss, that's Magic attempting to suck Isiah's tongue out of his mouth. I could have done without that part.

19. iamme

iamme JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PyroManiac:</div><div class="quote_post">thing I can say at the moment is a long thank you to Joe Dumars. [​IMG]</div>
    Joe Dumars has done an amazing job of making moves to keep up competitive now and for many more seasons. He's done a hell of a job with the Pistons.

After Grant Hill and Allan Houston left Detroit, I (along with many Pistons' fans) thought that it was going to be a long time before we were any good again.

We should start a thread tracking all of Dumar's moves. [​IMG]

20. OgShowtime

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting iamme:</div><div class="quote_post">Joe Dumars has done an amazing job of making moves to keep up competitive now and for many more seasons. He's done a hell of a job with the Pistons.

After Grant Hill and Allan Houston left Detroit, I (along with many Pistons' fans) thought that it was going to be a long time before we were any good again.

We should start a thread tracking all of Dumar's moves. [​IMG]</div>

Joe D and now Isiah, two of the most intelligent and crafty guards I've ever had the pleasure of watching play the game. They've taken those cerebral abilities to the front office and have taken the league by storm. These two are definitely threats to Mr. Clutch's crown. Huge props to both of these guys, as much as I loathed them with the Pistons, I respected them just as much. Good to see them making such positive impacts on their respective teams. :thumbsup: