Rasheed Wallace And Mike James Traded To Pistons

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by Shard, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Mike James is what makes the GM sure he wants to do it, he's a very solid pointguard, and he was playin' great w/ the celtics earlier this season.

2. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Now Detroit has everything to defeat the west.

PG: Chauncey Billups
    SG: Richard Hamilton
    SF: Mehmet Okur
    PF: Rasheed Wallace
    C: Ben Wallace

3. OgShowtime

OgShowtime JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ObieCent:</div><div class="quote_post">Mike James is what makes the GM sure he wants to do it, he's a very solid pointguard, and he was playin' great w/ the celtics earlier this season.</div>

I like Mike James a lot as well. He played hard for Riles down in South FLA last year and proved himself worthy of a starting spot in Boston. He'll be a major contributor in the Pistons playoff run.

4. iamme

iamme JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ming637:</div><div class="quote_post">Now Detroit has everything to defeat the west.

PG: Chauncey Billups
    SG: Richard Hamilton
    SF: Mehmet Okur
    PF: Rasheed Wallace
    C: Ben Wallace</div>
    it's more likely that Mehmet will play PF or C. he's not quick enough to guard SF's.

5. OgShowtime

OgShowtime JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting iamme:</div><div class="quote_post">it's more likely that Mehmet will play PF or C. he's not quick enough to guard SF's.</div>

Uh-huh. No chance for big Mehmet to guard those wingmen. He's not the fleetest of foot.

6. okaforever

okaforever JBB JustBBall Member

they're preparing for the west.. i like what i'm seeing.

7. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

Holy crap, Pistons will be a hard team in the playoffs now! [​IMG]

8. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

Silas says Wallace strengthens Pistons

Silas says Wallace strengthens Pistons

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The biggest deal before Thursday's trading deadline was the Pistons' acquisition of Rasheed Wallace from Atlanta in a three-team deal. Detroit also received guard Mike James from Boston for Chucky Atkins, Lindsey Hunter and this year's No. 1 pick. The Hawks received Chris Mills, Zeljko Rebraca, Bobby Sura and a No. 1 pick from Detroit. "To just give him [Rasheed Wallace] away to Detroit is going to make them awfully tough," Cavaliers coach Paul Silas said. "They're already a very good team, and now you add this guy. I like his game. He has the whole package. He posts up, shoots the three, rebounds and blocks shots."</div>

Full story

9. GraphicXpert

GraphicXpert JBB JustBBall Member

Detroit by far obviosly came out best what are teams thinking now-a-days,for god sake,evey player there isnt going to effect the teams they join effectively,Detriot are now an even stronger team to be reconed with,what was the Hawks thinking...dumb executives people think they know bball.

10. michiganjblog

michiganjblog JBB JustBBall Member

I'm not sure about the frontcourt starters, to be honest. Can Rasheed defend smaller SF's? As has already been pointed out, Okur sure as heck can't, and forcing Ben to come out of the paint to chase 3's isn't smart. Frankly, I see Prince starting at SF and Okur or Rasheed coming off the bench (more likely Rasheed). And as I wondered in another thread, I'm not sure where the backcourt bench is supposed to come from. James is a solid pickup - but then who?

We'll have some answers tonight, I imagine.