Rate my NBA Live 2005 Team

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by Custodianrules2, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Okay we know any version of an EA Sports basketball game is highly unrealistic and the computer plays the worst defense and has the worse court sense and awareness, but what do you guys think of this team? I think this new version is more realistic in the sense you won't see somebody do something they won't normally do like handle the ball if they're not very good at dribbling or calling for the ball if they have no post game.

[​IMG]

It's a very smallish, but keep in mind I picked 30th overall in fantasy draft and this team was built for the open court. I made the lineup so anyone in my backcourt can handle the ball like a point guard and anyone is fair from 3 point land either off a catch or off the dribble. Jermaine O'neil and Mark Blount are my low post guys. I have several combo guards that have developed their playmaking skills. And guys like Stro and Chris Wilcox provide some amazing putbacks and alley oop flushes. If I need a power forward to spread the floor I got Jumaine Jones, Darko Milicic and any of my other bigs can shoot from at least 15-18 feet. My team struggles on defense sometimes, turnovers, and poor passing, but it's sure fun running the ball and drawing tons of fouls and watching the opponent struggle to keep the more athletic/quicker players off the glass while worrying about the open jump shooters from the corner like Joe Johnson, and Jumaine Jones (or from the top of the key in transition like Damon Jones, Arenas, Jeff Mcinnis, and Kerry Kittles).

Franchise players:
    Jermaine O'neil
    Gilbert Arenas

Sixth Man: Jumaine Jones
    Defensive Stopper: Trenton Hassell
    Garbage Time Player: Darko Milicic (You know it's over when the 19 year old Serbian Blond haired kid comes out)

Glue guys: Joe Johnson/Kerry Kittles

Only problem is I'm 22 million over the cap, Joe Johnson and Stromile Swift are free agents and the only cap relief is Kerry Kittles, Jeff Mcinnis. If this was a real team what would you do with Joe Johnson/Stromile Swift to make it so you can retain these guys?

2. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

I know this is off topic, but when the game finally come to my house, the first move I will do in dynasty is trade Fisher, Cliff, and pick for Shard and Antonio Daniels then

PG: Speedy Claxton/ Antonio Daniels/ Luis Flores
    SG: Jason Richardson/ Mickael Pietrus/
    SF: Shard/ Mickael Pietrus/ Zarko
    PF: Troy Murphy/ Eduardo Najera/ Zarko
    C: Andris Biedrins/ Adonal Foyle/ DD

3. Custodianrules2

I always hate trades in those games because you could trade utter crap for star players.

4. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

^Dynasty I throw stuff in. Najera... Cheany... ect

5. Custodianrules2

You should try pure fantasy draft, otherwise beware the crap that Mullin has bestowed on you for the next 6 years. Point guard + big men + outside shooters + secondary ballhandlers/passers are my arsenal [​IMG]

BTW Darko kind of kicks ass in that game. He sort of plays like Nowitzki on the drive.