Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mamba, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Wilderock

Wilderock Member

Good Luck Chuck:

And it was terrible. When thinking of watching an R-Rated comedy, I think of Knocked Up and SuperBad. I thought Good Luck Chuck would be something similar, but turns out it sucked. It's only fun if you're a 13-year old kid.

3/5

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Ocean's Thirteen: 8/10

I was pleasantly surprised. The second one was so pointlessly confusing and it dragged forever. This one was tightly constructed, the characters all served a purpose and played their parts well, and Al Pacino created a genuinely hated antagonist. The score was pretty cool as well. If I hadn't seen two movies already with a similar premise, this would've been a 10.

Helena Bonham Carter is hot.

3. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Juno - 8/10

Was pleasantly surprised by this movie, didn't think it was going to be nearly as funny as it was.

Thank You For Smoking - 8.5/10

Watched this for the first time in a while the other night. I love this movie, easily one of the funniest movies I'd seen in a good long while when it first came out, and still one of my favorite comedies to date.

4. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Saw IV - POS/10

That movie was so bad, I'm not even giving it a rating. It doesn't deserve it, and was a waste of my time.

I recently watched the Indiana Jones trio of movies, and even though I've seen em before, I give em 9.5/10 still. The 2nd one was the only one that slightly disappointed, as IMO it was not as good as the other 2.

Has anyone seen National Treasure 2? I'm interested in seeing it.

5. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Rambo 3/10

It was just as bad as I expected it to be, and I am quite disappointed. The ending was terrible. The bow and arrow part was awesome, though. +3 for that.

6. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 12 2008, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Saw IV - POS/10

That movie was so bad, I'm not even giving it a rating. It doesn't deserve it, and was a waste of my time.

I recently watched the Indiana Jones trio of movies, and even though I've seen em before, I give em 9.5/10 still. The 2nd one was the only one that slightly disappointed, as IMO it was not as good as the other 2.

Has anyone seen National Treasure 2? I'm interested in seeing it.</div>

The second Indiana Jones is a loose remake of Gunga Din, which is the greatest adventure movie ever made--definitely go rent it.

7. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dumpy @ Apr 13 2008, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 12 2008, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Saw IV - POS/10

The second Indiana Jones is a loose remake of Gunga Din, which is the greatest adventure movie ever made--definitely go rent it.
    </div>

Ah, I see. I noticed it went away from the..formula(?) of the other 2.

I'm "renting" it right now. [​IMG]

8. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 13 2008, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dumpy @ Apr 13 2008, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 12 2008, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Saw IV - POS/10

</div>

</div>

You get to see why Cary Grant became one of the top five stars, ever . . .

9. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

Some Bollywood POS:
    Infinity/10. The subtitles were great. All the Ls and Is were replaced with Bs. Best line from the subtitles:
    "Do you reabby thibk that woubb make me an hero"

Had me rolling.

10. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

King Kong - 9/10

Watched this on TNT for the first time in a long time last night. Awesome movie and still has some of the best special effects I've ever seen.

11. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moo2K4 @ Apr 13 2008, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>King Kong - 9/10

Watched this on TNT for the first time in a long time last night. Awesome movie and still has some of the best special effects I've ever seen.</div>

I thought it was decent but I totally didn't cry or feel bad at the end. I don't think that kind of connection was established.

12. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Well, I didn't cry or anything like that either, and I didn't expect to. I knew what was coming, so it's not like I could be sad. Plus, it's a movie. I don't cry at movies, ever. Regardless of that and how predictable the ending was, I still think it's a terrific movie.

13. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

[​IMG]

10gasm/10

Brilliant.

14. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Iron man

8.5/10

RDJ was amazing.

15. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

[​IMG]

8/10. Denzel and Russell Crowe were excellent. Josh Brolin somehow landed this movie and No Country for Old Men one after the other, I hadn't even heard of him before that but I liked him in both. The story was a little slow and my interest wavered at times. I liked the ending. Solid movie but not great by any means.

16. zєяσ

zєяσ Truth is beautiful

INSIDE MAN.

Starring Clive Owen and Denzel Washington
    8.5/10

Dalton Russell(Owen) : Soon I'm gonna be sucking down piña coladas in a hot tub with six girls named Amber and Tiffany.
    Keith Frazier(Denzel) : No, it's more like in the shower with two guys named Jamal and Jesus... and here's the bad news; that thing you're sucking on? It's not a piña colada!

17. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dumpy @ Apr 13 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 13 2008, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dumpy @ Apr 13 2008, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 12 2008, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Saw IV - POS/10

</div>

</div>

You get to see why Cary Grant became one of the top five stars, ever . . .
    </div>

I took your advice, and wow, it was pretty damn good for a realllllly old movie. I was a lil annoyed with the character, Gunga Din. He was really odd.

Gunga Din: 9/10

When it started, I was iffy on it...but, by the time it ended, I was left wanting to watch more.

Martian Child: 6.5/10

Was a good movie, but got just a lil too corny and dramatic. I liked where it started, not where it ended.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: 10.5/10

Amazing movie. I loved every minute of it. It was unlike any movie I've ever seen. Instant top 5 favorite.

Unforgiven: 9.5/10

Wow. Great movie, all-around. The only negative it gets is that Morgan Freeman dies [​IMG]

18. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ May 5 2008, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I took your advice, and wow, it was pretty damn good for a realllllly old movie. I was a lil annoyed with the character, Gunga Din. He was really odd.

Gunga Din: 9/10

When it started, I was iffy on it...but, by the time it ended, I was left wanting to watch more.

Martian Child: 6.5/10

Was a good movie, but got just a lil too corny and dramatic. I liked where it started, not where it ended.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: 10.5/10

Amazing movie. I loved every minute of it. It was unlike any movie I've ever seen. Instant top 5 favorite.

Unforgiven: 9.5/10

Wow. Great movie, all-around. The only negative it gets is that Morgan Freeman dies [​IMG]</div>

Regarding Gunga Din, I agree that Sam Jaffe did not do a great job as Din, but that's what you get in the Old Hollywood where a Jew had to play the role of an Indian. The movie is very well constructed, though, and gripping.

If you like westerns, try High Noon (in which Lee Van Cleef is also a baddie in a small role).

19. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moo2K4 @ Apr 13 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, I didn't cry or anything like that either, and I didn't expect to. I knew what was coming, so it's not like I could be sad. Plus, it's a movie. I don't cry at movies, ever. Regardless of that and how predictable the ending was, I still think it's a terrific movie.</div>
    I've only cried once during a movie, and it was My Dog Skip, starring the Malcom in the Middle dude.

Anways,

[​IMG]

10/10

Better than the original IMO

20. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

^Haha, that movie is awesome!