Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mamba, Jan 31, 2008.

1. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

Saw 4 did suck. They just kept getting worse.

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay- 7/10

without emo Harold, it's a 4 or 5.

2. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

Indiana Jones 8/10.

Funny, but horrible ending.

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

[​IMG]

8.3/10- Pretty damn solid movie. Kind of like Office Space in that some "normal" American suburban guy just gets tired of his monotonous bullshit life and starts doing whatever the fuck he wants.

[​IMG]

8.6/10- Damn good movie. I kind of don't get the end so if anyone knows please fill me in (SPOILER ALERT AHEAD).

Highlight it to read it:

At the end, when Bale is bringing Crowe across the town to the train. Eventually Russell is choking out Bale but Bale says that hes ashamed to tell his son that he really lost his leg from friendly fire and never saw action. The Russell lets up on him and he even cooperates and doesn't resist as Bale tries to and/or does get him on the train. Why did Russell's character all of a sudden start cooperating? Did he just want to let Bale prove to his son that he is a brave man? Does he want Bale to have the money? IMO these are kind of weak excuses unless we are under the assumption that Russell knows hes such a badass that he can jut escape from Yuma with ease again and he just wants to help out Bale. Any explanation is appreciated.

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I think he sympathized for Bale and wanted his son to think that he was really a bad ass. I need to watch it again, though. Great movie! What did you think of I am Legend?

5. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

From what I think I remember, Russell escaped from Yuma several times. He just wanted Bale's son to see his father as a brave man.

6. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Joker @ May 24 2008, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>From what I think I remember, Russell escaped from Yuma several times. He just wanted Bale's son to see his father as a brave man.</div>

Yeah, he didn't really give a shit about going to Yuma. He knew he'd escape. He really felt sympathy, or something, for Bale and his son...and felt the need to help him out, and allow him to succeed.

Perhaps Crowe's character had a son as well, or had bad memories of his father? Who knows. I can't really remember.

7. Run BJM

Yeah thats basically what I assumed but its kind of weak IMO. Crowe shows no remorse the whole damn movie then all of a sudden he risks his own life to let this guy prove hes a BAMF to his son. I guess it does connect back to two points in the movie; one where Crowe says the boy reminds him of himself at his age. Maybe this does imply that Crowe has a soft spot for the kid and his father like pegs said because he can relate and he wants the kid to be different than he was. Also it connects back to when Bale's son says that there is some good in Crowe.

Overall really good movie but I still don't completely buy that part. Kind of corny and too storybook for my tastes, I guess the real ending wasn't that happy though. Crowe and Bale are friggen brilliant, really a joy to watch them together (Crowe was particularly awesome in this one IMO though I tend to like Bale better).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I think he sympathized for Bale and wanted his son to think that he was really a bad ass. I need to watch it again, though. Great movie! What did you think of I am Legend?</div>

I haven't seen I am Legend (if you are even talking to me LOL). Its on the netflix queue but its in there withl ike 120 other movies so who knows when the hell I'll see it. My movie watching will kick into 6th gear after I finish my last week of school here.

8. Mamba

Yeah I was talking to you.

Is Netflix really worth it? How much a month?

9. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I thought it was a bit of a copout ending, but the rest of the movie was too good to be ruined by it.

10. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black Mamba @ May 25 2008, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I was talking to you.

Is Netflix really worth it? How much a month?</div>

I have the 1 at-a-time (Unlimited) plan for $8.99 plus tax.

Here are the others.

8 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $47.99
    7 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $41.99
    6 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $35.99
    5 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $29.99
    4 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $23.99
    3 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $16.99
    2 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $13.99
    1 at-a-time (2 a month) for $4.99

11. Run BJM

I got the 3 at a time plan. Its worth it to me, I canceled it for most of the school year because I didn't have time to watch movies but during the summer its awesome since theres so much downtime.

12. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

Street Kings - 9.8/10

Great mutha fuckin' movie. Everyone is crooked as fuck but it was great.

13. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

We Own the Night

1/10

Just watch the first minute of the movie when Eva Mendez shows some nudity. The movie goes down hill from there.

14. Run BJM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shapecity @ May 25 2008, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>We Own the Night

1/10

Just watch the first minute of the movie when Eva Mendez shows some nudity. The movie goes down hill from there.</div>
    Damn. You'd think a nekkid Eva Mendez would guarantee like a 3 or 4 out of 10. I guess the movie is just THAT bad.

15. Mamba

[​IMG]
    Collateral: 8/10

I bought it again today, it was on sale for $5 @ Best Buy. I forgot how bad ass this movie was. The only movie I can tolerate Cruise in.

16. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black Mamba @ May 26 2008, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>[​IMG]
    Collateral: 8/10

I bought it again today, it was on sale for $5 @ Best Buy. I forgot how bad ass this movie was. The only movie I can tolerate Cruise in.</div>

I thought MI3 was nice. I haven't seen Magnolia yet.

17. pegs

pegs My future wife.

28 Weeks Later - 8.5/10

I honestly thought it was better than the 1st one. A little better, at least. It was pretty sweet how everyone died.

18. huevonkiller

Student.
    Wow I was about to watch it now I know what happens. :/

19. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

Red Dragon

6.5/10

Better than Hannibal, not as good as SOTL, but much better than I expected. (Especially considering Brett Ratner directed)

This movie is all about the cast. Put high powered actors in your average flick, and it becomes a hell of a lot better.

In addition to Anthony Hopkins returning to his most notable role, you have --

Ed Norton as his nemesis, FBI profiler Will Graham
    Harvey Keitel "Mr. Wolf"ing it up as the FBI director
    Ralph Fiennes as the serial killer
    Emily Watson as his blind love interest
    and Philip Seymour Hoffman as a sleazy journalist

There are also roles for Mary Louise Parker, "Lost" actor Ken Leung, "The Wire"'s Frankie Faison (who was also in SOTL), and the awesome Anthony Heald ("Boston Public") as the not-yet-dinner Dr. Chilton.

That's a lot of incredible star power for one movie.

This isn't as good as last year's "Zodiac", but it's definitely worth checking out if you enjoy this genre or just like Lecter.

20. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghoti @ May 27 2008, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Red Dragon

6.5/10

Better than Hannibal, not as good as SOTL, but much better than I expected. (Especially considering Brett Ratner directed)

This movie is all about the cast. Put high powered actors in your average flick, and it becomes a hell of a lot better.

In addition to Anthony Hopkins returning to his most notable role, you have --

Ed Norton as his nemesis, FBI profiler Will Graham
    Harvey Keitel "Mr. Wolf"ing it up as the FBI director
    Ralph Fiennes as the serial killer
    Emily Watson as his blind love interest
    and Philip Seymour Hoffman as a sleazy journalist

There are also roles for Mary Louise Parker, "Lost" actor Ken Leung, "The Wire"'s Frankie Faison (who was also in SOTL), and the awesome Anthony Heald ("Boston Public") as the not-yet-dinner Dr. Chilton.

That's a lot of incredible star power for one movie.

This isn't as good as last year's "Zodiac", but it's definitely worth checking out if you enjoy this genre or just like Lecter.</div>

I believe the ending was really changed from the novel.