Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mamba, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

wow I am surprised at the high rating, I thought it looked pretty bad, judging from the commercials and trailers I've seen.

2. swood

swood Active Member

Uni Student
    My sister went to see it and she said it was amazing. I really want to see it myself.

Big Stan - 8/10 Such a brilliantly funny underrated film. Rob Schneider plays a wimpy con man that's sentenced to prison. He's worried about being raped, so he hires a fighting master to train him. Once in prison he does a lot of ass kicking and ends up, pretty much running the place. It's so funny and hardly anyone i knows heard of it :ohmy:

3. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Battle: Los Angeles -- 5/10 -- nothing stands out in a modern mash-up of Independence Day and Halo.

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Is it worth owning speeds??

5. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Dunno why you'd watch it more than once. Get District 9 instead.

6. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

Not at all.

7. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Super 8 - 8.5/10

I saw this last week and forgot to post my thoughts. I thought it was fantastic, second best movie I've seen this year next to X-Men. Definitely a must-see, especially as far as summer movies go.

8. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

Transformers 3 9/10. I know that these movies are terrible when it comes to plot, dialogue, and not being a glorified commercial for the military but I am a sucker for them. Optimus Prime is a fucking badass. The action in this one was pretty good. I saw it in 3d but to be honest, in a lot of scenes I couldn't even tell the difference.

9. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Transformers: Dark Of The Moon - 8.5/10

I loved it. I actually thought the 3D was really good for the most part. It certainly didn't compare to Avatar, but it was better than some other 3D affairs (Green Hornet, Green Lantern, etc.). I thought it was by far the best of the trilogy. While it was the longest (clocks in at 154 minutes I believe), the pacing was fantastic and the movie never really had any slow down to it. This was definitely an awesome way to end the trilogy.

10. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

A Serbian Film - 10/10

Good movie for the family and kids.

11. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Lol, I always give you shit for it, and I'm not gonna stop now. You are so easily satisfied. This was by no way better than the 1st one...c'mon!? Really !? 1 > 3 > 2 for me. But you have your opinion, so that's cool!

12. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Transformers was good, It wasn't amazeing, nor did it suck. The battle was cool, probably the only reason I would watch it again. Wait, nevermind Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's ass in 3D was pretty good.

13. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

Agree with all of those who said Super 8 was pretty good. A bit like "Cloverfield", with some "Final Destination" thrown in, but you're rooting for the kids instead of against spoiled teenagers or dumb 20-somethings. It was also one of the few movies with kids in it where I thought the actors were older than the parts they were playing, but for the most part they were younger, but acted maturely, if that makes any sense. As an example, most of the Glee Cast is 22+. The girl in this one is 12, and playing a 13-14 y/o.

14. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

district 9 was great, solid 8/10

15. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    Transformers - 7.5/10
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 4/10
    Transformers: Dark of the moon - 5.5/10

The third one was supposed to be epic, but Jesus, Michael Bay is garbage. He ruined a great plot with all of his 'beauty shots' and cheesy directing. The ending sucked as well.

16. Da_O

Da_O Abe Vigoda lives!

I've seen Transformers 3 and while visually impressive(each one of them is) it lacks in major areas. Now I'm not going to bash it as some critics do because I know it delivers in basically what people have wanted from it. When I saw it at the midnight showing everyone stood up and applauded at the ending of it, which I thought was odd. I would just like to ask, don't all the movies seem the exact same? They are just an exercise in redundancy. Each one has similar build-up for same payoff. I mean in the first one, the middle was shot in the desert, and the climax was in the city, ends with Optimus saying something patriotic. In the second one, the middle was the city, the climax was the desert, and again ends with Optimus. And in this one the climax was again in the city, things go back to normal. There seems to be a lot that can be done with this series and for them to be so similar is unimaginative to me and the most inexcusable part of the franchise.

With the first one I thought it was fun but not a brain in it's body. I didn't hate it. With the second one it was more of the same just more annoying. I just find the third one boring. Other things that annoy me about Transformers 3. I hate how Shia LeBeouf seems to scream all of his lines in this movie. Then there was that strange Nicholas Cage-esque freakout he had in the film. Also doing the fade to black with Inception type noises in the third act were unnecessary and amateur. I've never seen that done during a film only trailers. The abuse of making the Autobots save the humans at the last second about a dozen times made me roll my eyes.

All in all I've seen a lot worse. And don't think it merits as much bashing as it gets.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  17. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    I think what got a lot of critics irritated was Optimus Prime's sudden 'and most of all, believe in your self' speech at the end. It wasn't as bad as the 2nd one, but it's definitely nowhere near the quality of the 1st.

18. Da_O

Da_O Abe Vigoda lives!

This movie year has been pretty ghastly except for a few(I Saw The Devil, Source Code, Win Win), but now I've finally seen a trailer for something that I think will be excellent. From the Director of Let the Right One In.
    [video=youtube;Aco15ScXCwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aco15ScXCwA[/video]
    It looks like it has all the things for a winning formula. Great cast, good director, and comes out during Oscar season.

19. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    District 9 had a great mech scene at the end, integrated into a cool story. That's how it is done.

Fuck (Michael Bay's) Transformers.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  20. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

District 9 is fucking DOPE. I'm praying they go through with making a District 10.