Rattay to miss 10 weeks after serious groin pull

Discussion in 'NFC West' started by Steelerfan_2005, May 8, 2004.

1. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

That's a tough break for an already weakend San Francisco. This could realistically hamper him all season. Bettis never fully recovered from a groin tear in 2001. It's good that it happened now so he can rest, but I wouldn't be surprised if San Francisco gets involved in the Kerry Collins merry-go-round.

2. Tuna

Tuna nfl-*****s member

I dont wish injuries on anyone no matter what, but since it has already happened I hope this plagues san fran all year and they go 0-16. I hope getting rid of garcia is a real season killer for them. Not likely but I can hope cant I?

WHEN A COWBOYS HATES A REDSKIN LESS THAN A 49ER, THATS BAD!

3. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

I have read that the surgery is schedule for Tuesday. He is still expected back by opening weekend, but the tear was fairly substantial and they have to reattach the muscle to bone (I'm cringing while I write that [​IMG] ) If I was the GM I'd be having second thoughts about letting Garcia go... If for some reason Rattay can't go, they don't have anybody who has taken an NFL snap on the roster. Dorsey played some pre-season last year, but as the number three guy in real games, didn't get near the field. I guess it will become more clear in a week or two.

4. Steelerfan_2005

I'm still wondering if they don't look into another veteran to hold the fort down. A groin tear is a lingering injury and Rattay might be out a lot longer than opening day. I think that was a very positive outlook. Maybe too much so.

5. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Damon Huard should be on the first plane out there though it opens the door for a Collins, Couch, or a Warner.

6. Steelerfan_2005

San Francisco will be horrible this year... Signing Conway will help a little bit, but without someone to play for Rattay, it's going to be one nightmare after another... What are you doing Dennis?

Put the bottle down and sign some veteran help.