Ravens picks

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by chang, Apr 29, 2006.

1. UhOh315

UhOh315 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Yes he is.

2. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Who drugged the Ravens war room?

3. UhOh315

So is Basanez, Brett...Hackney, Darrell...Meyer, Erik...Shockley, D.J....I think we should go with Hackney myself

4. chang

Reggie McNeal. #5 on Scouts Inc.Pros: May be the best athlete at the position since Michael Vick. He has been timed in the 40 at under 4.4, which is rare at this position. He has a strong, athletic frame that would allow him to move to another position -- either receiver or running back. He has a good arm with very quick feet to set up and move both in the pocket and as a scrambler. There?s a wide range of opinion on his ability to become an NFL starter, but his versatility and athleticism should allow him to eventually start at QB.Cons: He has the package to become a blue-chip prospect with further development, but his average senior season leaves questions concerning his readiness to play in the NFL. He has not operated in a sophisticated offense, which has limited his progress as a pro passer. He has a strong arm, but needs work on his delivery and release to improve his accuracy. He can make the tough out throw with good velocity and timing, but needs to improve his basic mechanics including footwork and follow-through.Numbers: As a senior, he started 10 games with 141 completions in 265 attempts with 16 TD passes and 9 picks for 1963 yards. As a runner, he had 96 carries for 780 yards for an 8 yards-per-carry average and 3 TDs with a long play of 63 yards. He sat out A&M's last regular season game with an ankle injury. At the Combine, he ran a blazing 4.35 with a 32-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot, one-inch broad jump.Skinny: With many clubs interested in adding a quality prospect, he will most likely be a third-round selection based on athleticism and upside alone. He would be perfect for teams that have an aging veteran starter and are looking to develop a high-level replacement over the next few seasons.Wow I just noticed Fred Matua is still on the board...

5. chang

Koch the punter, don't think was necessary with that pick with Bethea on the board. Missed Bethea by 1 pick so Martin is a nice consolation. Martin is only 20 years old and has lots to learn. If we took Bethea with the 1st 6th round pick, we'd proally have Strief. I'd prefer Gerrick McPhearson over both Bethea and Martin though.Oh and that 6th we traded up to get Ngata ended up being Babatunde Oshinowo.I hope we take Marcus Vick with this 7th round pick. I think he'd learn a lot and mature from sitting behind McNair in the first years of his career.

6. chang

7. UhOh315

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I hope we take Marcus Vick with this 7th round pick. I think he'd learn a lot and mature from sitting behind McNair in the first years of his career.</div>There's no way we would pick him, he has character issues and that's what we overrated this year. I think we should sign Marcus Demps as a FA if he doesn't get drafted. He or Jarvis Herring (out of Florida) could at least compete for playing time at FS, might as well test them out.

8. Uptown

Uptown NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Man, I wasn't really happy with our second day draft. We passed on a few good players.

9. chang

http://ravens.sportslogs.com/I think you guys would really find this interesting. I'd be willing to take any input from you guys or any ideas to write about. I have a draft review and "what could have happened" article

10. Uptown

Uptown NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Apr 30 2006, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>http://ravens.sportslogs.com/I think you guys would really find this interesting. I'd be willing to take any input from you guys or any ideas to write about. I have a draft review and "what could have happened" article</div>Looks good bro. I agree with almost everything you said on there about the draft.