RB situation

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Fugazi, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Fugazi

Fugazi nfl-*****s member

What's the Steelers' RB situation going into week 3? Are Staley and Bettis coming back? If so, what about Parker (who's been solid)?

2. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I read, somewhere, that Willie Parker is the starter, no matter when Staley and Bettis are ready to go.

3. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

That's awesome! I drafted him in the last round of my fantasy league. [​IMG]

4. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

haha have u played him yet?

5. bakes781

Yeah I played him over Portis in week 2. And with Portis out this week I'm forced to play Willie against my Pats.

6. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

haha i have to do that too, i have to play the bears d against the bengals because the ravens are on a bye week

7. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Congrats to you guys who grabbed Parker. Same goes for people who grabbed Stephen Davis.

It's frustrating sometimes, though, when you have a fantastic draft and some schlub comes along and builds a wrecking crew off the waiver wire. It seems to happen every year. The guy loses his first few games, gets high waiver priority and snaps up two or three quality players.

Not that you guys are schlubs, mind you. I'm just speaking in general terms. I'm sure you know the guys I'm talking about. [​IMG]

8. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Ya I picked him up before week 1 basically right after the draft. I played him over Domanick Davis last week and actually lost 2 points but it didn't matter...catches count in my league which is why davis scored more..I'm also forced to play him against the pats this week because Davis is on bye

9. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>Congrats to you guys who grabbed Parker. Same goes for people who grabbed Stephen Davis.

It's frustrating sometimes, though, when you have a fantastic draft and some schlub comes along and builds a wrecking crew off the waiver wire. It seems to happen every year. The guy loses his first few games, gets high waiver priority and snaps up two or three quality players.

Not that you guys are schlubs, mind you. I'm just speaking in general terms. I'm sure you know the guys I'm talking about. [​IMG]</div>

yea i got stephen davis in the last round. It sucks for the guys who got deshaun foster, i think someone got him in the 4th in our draft

10. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

Pittsburgh RBs are confusing. Last year Staley went down and Bettis rised. Now Staley and Bettis went down and Parker has rise.

11. bakes781

It's the system that makes them succeed. Similar to Denver the Steelers have a great OL especially for run blocking.

12. NivalF06

NivalF06 nfl-*****s member

The steelers o-line is what makes the steelers offense what it is. I'm still not sold on Big Ben, and I'm even a Miami(oh) fan. If you ask me, if the steelers want to compete for the super bowl, keep their o-line healthy, and hope their run offense cant be stopped, because Ben, to me, cant carry them anywhere.

13. favre4mvp

favre4mvp nfl-*****s member

I used to think the same thing, until the first couple games this year, look at his stats;
    472yds, 71.9 comp. %, 4 TD, 0 INT, 153.6 QB rating
    What else do you want this guy to do? He STILL hasnt lost a regular season game!! And I agree that a big part is there o-line and there d, but come on... this guy wins games, period. What else do you want from him?

14. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (favre4mvp)</div><div class='quotemain'>I used to think the same thing, until the first couple games this year, look at his stats;
    472yds, 71.9 comp. %, 4 TD, 0 INT, 153.6 QB rating
    What else do you want this guy to do? He STILL hasnt lost a regular season game!! And I agree that a big part is there o-line and there d, but come on... this guy wins games, period. What else do you want from him?</div>

I am more and more coming to the conclusion that there are two types of superstar QB's. There are the John Elways and Brett Favres who are instinctual and impulsive. The benefit of these QBs is that they have the ability to win games from superior play, but they also make big mistakes (Elway had a low completion % and Favre is an INT throwing machine).

Then there are the Tom Brady's of the league. They don't screw up. They are smart, they know how to play in a system and run that system to perfection. That is what Big Ben is. He is a system QB who is smart and knows how to run his system.

70% completion is unreal. No INTs is obviously a huge help.

I don't think Ben R. will ever lead an Elway like 'Drive', or a Favre inspired performance, but he will give you a consistency that a coach dreams of.

Right now, I'm sold.

15. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

one guy who reminds me of the next elway/favre/manning is Carson Palmer, he is lighting up the scoreboard

16. favre4mvp

I completly agree with you Vikingfan, Ben, like Brady (although not as good) does exactly what a QB should do, get the ball downfield and make very few mistakes. Put Ben or Brady on any team and it will make that team better, but they are not the kind of guys that are going to win games single-handedly, (Like a Favre or Elway) but if you have enough talent around them they are un-beatable. Brady has a 58-15 record all-time (best for any QB) and Big Ben has a record of 15-1. Unbeatable.... w/o a doubt!

17. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Big Ben has a record of 15-1</div>

Now 17-1...

18. favre4mvp

No, he went 14-1 last year including the playoffs and has gone 2-0 this year. So he's 16-1, we're both wrong... : )

19. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

But he's 15-0 in the regular season, 16-1 counting playoffs.

20. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

How can you not be solid on Big Ben. Sure he played bad in the playoffs but he lost to the Patriots. Who hasn't lost to them that past couple of years. He does what he has to do to win games. Brady is a good comparison. VF was right. Favre and Elway can win games on their own but make the big mistakes. You seldom see Brady and now even Big Ben make big mistakes. Whether you sold on him or not the kid is a heck of a player. Get use to it because Pittsburgh found themselves a franchise QB. I can't see this guy turning out to be dud.