Real Gm Poll Shows More People Will Start a Team With Bosh Rather than Wade

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Roaming, Oct 14, 2006.

1. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz76 @ Oct 14 2006, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>But the question is, who would you pick to build a franchise around. Not who more talented, or better or on higher level. It would be easier to build a franchise around a big man, Bosh.</div>Not at all. DWade is the type of superstar player who could get a team to the playoffs automatically. Do you think swingmen cant be effective pieces to their teams? What about MJ? Dwyane has the potential to become a player close to the scale of Jordan. You dont just choose big men over guards automatically. Dwyane is on another level than Bosh, and any GM would love to build around him, even more than Bosh.

2. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

I see where austingriz is coming from but those days of building around big men are long gone. The new rule changes and speed of the game are revolving around guards. For that reason, I would take Wade over Bosh, especially for the aspect Wade has the ability to take a team on his back and lead them to wins. Not taking away from Bosh but I have yet to see that kind of consistency from him leading his team win after win. Wade is truly on another level(he's a superstar, while Bosh is a great player on a bad team) and you have to take that into consideration austingriz as it's comparing the two players, rather then big or small.

3. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

true, with todays game it doesn't matter cause guards are starting to dominate like big men do. But if this was 10 yrs ago I would have to pick Bosh. It always better to have a team with a star big man than a team with a star guard. The team with the big man will always win because its so much easier to dump the ball into a big man than it is for a guard to have to create his own shot. Easier to score and its also easier for a big man to carry a team than it is a guard too. But also considering what was said above aboutt he rules, maybe the "big man" concept doesn't apply anymore.

4. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

I dont care about this guard>big man thing. DWade is the 3rd best player in the League after playing 3 seasons in the League. You dont have to be a big man to help out a team. Dwyane just won a champiosnhip with the Heat, and right now, would help any team better than Bosh would.

5. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Ok, damn, its just my opinion...

6. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

I'm sure a lot of people voted the opposite on purpose, thats what I did when I voted for this...and people don't realize how many Canadian fans their are. This poll should not be taken seriously at all.

7. IceBlaze1523

IceBlaze1523 BBW Member

whoa, a lot of them are maybe trying to be sarcastic, but you gotta give it to bosh, he is working on his outside shot more, but his post up could use some work, but I'd take Wade.

8. LBJ

LBJ BBW Member

Boshs size is not an issue, he was thrown in the cages as a undersized center his rookie season. He is tough.

9. pmac34

pmac34 BBW Member

bosh is 2 years younger

10. Chris

Chris BBW Elite Member

I guess a lot of Raptors fans just happened to be on the site at that time...the real answer is quite obvious. I don't really pay much attention to the thoughts of people who go on RealGM though.

11. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

I would build around Bosh

12. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

again with the one liners people...WHY do u say that?

13. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

Bosh is younger, personally believe is a better shooter, and + I <3 CB4

14. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MosDefinitely @ Oct 15 2006, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Bosh is younger, personally believe is a better shooter, and + I <3 CB4</div> Bosh is younger by a couple of years, big deal. Dwyane Wade is one of the few people in the league that can take over a basketball game. He is a born leader and does the most damage when his teams need him. I like Bosh and think he's a terrific player, obviously, but what the hell has Bosh done to be ahead of Wade in your mind? You say you love Bosh but if Wade was on your team he would be your favorite player and he'd he in your sig/avatar, I know it.

15. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Oct 16 2006, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Bosh is younger by a couple of years, big deal. Dwyane Wade is one of the few people in the league that can take over a basketball game. He is a born leader and does the most damage when his teams need him. I like Bosh and think he's a terrific player, obviously, but what the hell has Bosh done to be ahead of Wade in your mind? You say you love Bosh but if Wade was on your team he would be your favorite player and he'd he in your sig/avatar, I know it.</div>you have a point but unfortunatly hes not on the Raptors and I dont even have Bosh on my avatar so .....I guess its my lose if I were to pick Bosh over Wade.

16. Supreme BALLA

Supreme BALLA BBW Member

To tell you the truth..the real reason that our Boshter is winning is because we have invaded the Real GM boards with homer picks [​IMG] .Just too many Raptors fans lol