Trade Realistic trade ideas

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by OSUBlazerfan, Jun 23, 2017.

1. tester551

tester551 Well-Known Member

Yes please, although I think the west got tougher. It will be interesting what shift in power occur during FA.

is that a new quote, or the one fom January

2. RipCityDSCPL

RipCityDSCPL Could be worse, at least it's not Lonzo.

Crabbe is not 1 dimensional. That has been my whole argument. I've never implied that he would be an all-star, lead his team into the playoffs or that he would be an hall of famer. You are.

What you and several others on here can't get past is his contract and on this team he won't ever be able to live up to your expectations because he comes off the bench.

3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

LOL.

You're completely missing the point. I'm not saying he'll be an all-star, I'm just trying to explain to you how silly it is to use a college award to define an NBA player.

What is he good at other than shooting???? Seriously? Is a good ball handler, defender, or passer? What are his other dimensions?

4. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Back on topic. I like the idea of Jordan Clarkson off the bench. Maybe something like Leonard and a protected pick? Could throw in Ezeli to make the numbers work.

5. RipCityDSCPL

I saw more then wide open catch and shoot 3 pointers in those videos by Crabbe.

6. RipCityDSCPL

While I would like Clarkson(and Randle) on the Blazers, I would hate helping the Lakers getting Paul George more.

7. RipCityDSCPL

I used a college award to demonstrate he is not 1 dimensional. Not to define him.

What is he good at other than shooting???? Seriously? Is a good ball handler, defender, or passer? What are his other dimensions?[/QUOTE]

He has the ability to do all that you listed.

We could go round and round forever about this. Lets just put a pin on this until he is a starter full time on the Blazers or he is on his own team and the #1 or #2 option and has plays drawn up for him consistently.

Agreed? @Boob-No-More ? @tester551 ? Anybody else?

Edit Why can't I have multiple quotes and responses without messing it up? UGH!!!!!!

8. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Just because he records a steal or an assist doesn't mean he's a good defender or passing. And getting run off the 3pt line and therefore taking a one-dribble pull up isn't creating your own shot.

dviss1 and bodyman5000 and 1 like this.
  9. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    They're eating one more year, the pick would have to be lightly protected -- top-5?

10. RipCityDSCPL

He can do ask those things every now and then. He doesn't do any of them consistently well.[/QUOTE]

How did part of my post end up in your reply? Did you screw up as well or am I just computer stupid and somehow did this too?

11. RipCityDSCPL

How did part of my post end up in your reply? Did you screw up as well or am I just computer stupid and somehow did this too?[/QUOTE]

What the fuck is happening!

12. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Saturday night drunken popsts? HAHAHAHA

13. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

14. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

The quoting is so fucked up in this thread, I can no longer tell who said what.

Here's the points I've been making all along about Crabbe:

He's 1-dimensional. Until one of the Crabbe fan boys can prove he's at least average, in the NBA, at a second skill, he is by definition 1-dimensional. And no, a highlight video is not proof of anything. It's cherry picking a few of a players best plays and not indicative of doing something consistently well. Highlight videos make everyone look good. That's the whole point. Doing something once or twice a year doesn't mean you're good at it.

We went through this during the season, but the Crabbe fanboys are in denial.

Allen Crabbe cannot create his own shot. Here's the stats that prove it: he is assisted on 77.5% of his 2FGs and 97% of his 3FGs. Those numbers are way below league average and below average for this team. The only other rotation player who relies as much on others creating for him is Meyers Leonard (assisted on 74.6% of his 2FGS and 98.6% of his 3FGs). Here's how our other guards compare to Crabbe:

Crabbe - 77.5%, 97.0%
    Dame - 23.5%, 49.5%
    C.J. - 26.0% 74.1%
    Turner - 17.6%, 90.3%
    Shabazz - 12.8%, 64.7%

All of those guys can, and do, create shots for themselves. And while Harkless and Aminu don't create 3-pointers for themselves, they do create a lot more 2FGs for themselves that Crabbe:

Harkless - 62.6%, 100%
    Aminu - 46.0%, 100%

In Crabbe's case, that's a full season and over 2200 minutes of data - not some highlight clip that shows him doing something once or twice. It's also inline with his previous two seasons:

Crabbe 2014-15 - 84.8%, 100%
    Crabbe 2015-16 - 76.9%, 96.4%
    Crabbe 2016-17 - 77.5%, 97.0%

For anyone who thinks Crabbe somehow added any new dimensions to his game this past season, look at those numbers for 2015-15 and compare them to last season. They are virtually identical. Until he shows a statically relevant improvement, he is who he is - a 1-dimensional player who cannot create shots for himself.

Allen Crabbe does not create shots for others. This one is easy to prove statistically. His AST% of 6.1 is abysmal for a guard.

Crabbe AST% = 6.1
    Dame AST% = 28.7
    C.J. AST% = 18.0
    Turner = 18.4
    Shabazz = 19.5

Yeah, Dame and Shabazz are PGs. So, they should have a higher AST% than Crabbe. C.J. is a SG who gets criticized in this forum for looking for his own shot too much, yet his AST% is nearly 3x Crabbe's. I didn't include Pat Connaughton due to the small sample size, but when he does play, his role is the same as Crabbe's and his AST% his over twice as much (12.4). Both of our centers also had nearly 3x the AST% of Crabbe, but here's the kicker, Meyers Leonard's AST of 8.4 was considerably better than Crabbe's When your play making ability is worse than that of Meyers Leonard, it cannot possibly be considered a skill.

Crabbe is a poor rebounder - in fact, one of the worst in the entire league for a player of his size. His TRB% of 5.5 was dead last among our rotation players (14th of 15 overall). It was worse than much shorter players (Dame - 7.6, C.J. = 5.8, Shabazz = 6.6) and considerably worse than players of comparable size (Turner = 8.3, Connaughton = 9.1).

And then there is defense... Crabbe's DRtg of 114 was dead last on a poor defensive team. Crabbe fanboys like to mention one or two specific plays to "prove" Crabbe is a good defender (remember that HOU game!!!!), but when you do something so infrequently that is stands out, it's not a skill, it's an exception. Crabbe was tied for 12th om the team in STL%. The only players with a lower STL% were Connaughton, Ed Davis and Meyers Leonard - three players not exactly know for their quick, active hands.

So, Crabbe fanboys, what besides making catch and shoot 3-pointers is Allen Crabbe good at? What else is he at least consistently average at? I sure can't find anything. Meyers Leonard is a better playmaker and Shabazz Napier is a better rebounder. What exactly is Crabbe's 2nd dimension? What else has he proven he can do in the NBA at at least an average level in his fours seasons in the league?

Until he has proven he can do something else at at least average level, he is, by definition, 1-dimensional. Highlight videos of ridiculously small sample sizes and speculation about what he might be able to do in a different situation need not apply. I want facts, cold, hard, statistically relevant facts. So, what else is Crabbe average at?

BNM

P.S. Please note, I didn't not mention Crabbe's contract once in this post. I also didn't mention his college performance. I focused solely one his performance as an NBA player as that's the basis for me calling him 1-dimensional. For now, let's try to leave out the red herrings and strawmen and just focus on Allen Crabbe's actual performance as an NBA player. I made my case. Make yours.

15. Boob-No-More

Funny, I was gong to mention the exact same thing. Just because a player is a great scorer in college does not mean they will be successful in the NBA. Morrison is a prime example, but there are countless others. Scoring is one of the skills that does not always translate from one level to the next. The correlation is much higher for rebounding, passing and defense.

BNM

16. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Spurs are shopping Danny Green.

17. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    Crabbe is certainly a very controversial guy on here. Kind of the way Leonard used to be before he became absolutely horrendous. I don't think those videos show anything, especially since the one I saw was all of one game. I think we all know that Crabbe has those games where he is just super good and super assertive. He has a problem with confidence though and has many of those other types of games. It was interesting to see the statistics that BNM gave on his low steal %, disappointing actually.
    One thing I did see on the videos a few times and reminded me that he does have a second skill. He does move very well off the ball and works very hard at it. I think this is one skill he has besides 3 pt. shooting. And it is the one skill that is is not utilized by the Blazers.
    For some reason he doesn't fit with the Blazers, no matter whose fault it is. My guess is that he would do better with another team and hopefully some team thinks so.

BonesJones likes this.
  18. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

TWolves have the balls to make big trades. Do the Blazers? LoL

19. Boob-No-More

I'm pretty sure it's more about having the right assets than about testicles.

Remember, the title of this thread is Realistic trade ideas.

BNM

UKRAINEFAN, BonesJones and Scalma like this.
  20. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Because trading into the top 10 doesn't take any balls? I guarantee every time Jackson and/or Giles has a good game, one of the dorks on here will start a thread about it.

BBert, Pridan, PtldPlatypus and 3 others like this.