red wings vs rangers

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Pastafazul, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Great game by Kreider who I have been critical of. Still need more from Nash. Hopefully he gets hot. 10 straight vs Canes need to make it 11.

Agree Chuck we have 3 very good lines w St Louis. This team can be dangerous despite obvious flaws.

2. jamsim67

jamsim67 Active Member

Real big win, have to keep playing like this going forwad. Nice to see the unusual suspects getting credit for the goals. Good time for Kreider to take it up a notch.

3. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    any thoughts on going after Igninla next year?

4. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

For the record, Philly has a real tough schedule left:

2 at Pitt. 1 home Pitt.
    Home and home with Boston.
    Home and home with the Blues.
    Home against Chic.

We have an easier schedule:

Home SJ is the only top level team we still play. Maybe add at Montreal since we never win there. And maybe you want to count at the Avs, although they aren't the same as those other teams IMO.

AND we have one game left with Philly, in our place.

So that's our advantage. Their advantage is a few extra home games, and only 1 point back with a game in hand.

I want that 2 spot in the Met and home ice round 1.

5. dumpstralmannow

dumpstralmannow Active Member

Rangers have been a tremendous road team this season. Let's face it. You know you have drafted well when there is criticism over a kid Kreider 6'3, 225 who is amazing on the forecheck, excellent defensively, great at setting screens and is on pace for 20-20 at the worst. Remember the days when we used to dream about drafting a player who could do that.

6. chuckd3534

No doubt dump. I think everyone loves Kreider and sees his huge potential (another reason why I am calling it now that this team will be special next season). He should go 20/22 this season in his first full season. That is impressive. He has 30 goal potential as soon as next season, worst case 25 +.

With that said he was going through a rookie slump recently (which is understandable BTW). It was good to see him playing his game again today. Speed, power, and a big shot. That is how he needs to play every game. And with Nash and Stepan on his line, if he just skates and hits, his goals will come. Let's hope a good streak started today.

And it is only a matter of time before MSL gets it going, and Nash is due for a good streak again as well.

The arrow is pointing up right now. I want 2nd in the Met...

7. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

One of biggest things to me today besides kreiders 2 goals was kreider making some big hits and in body attack mode all game. I love it when he sends guys flying. Guarantee no one wants to face this ranger team in a playoff series.

8. dumpstralmannow

When Kreider knocks people down, the refs call everything on him which is crap. Ovechkin plays 5 times more dirty and barely ever gets called. Typical NHL ref garbage which is one reason hockey isn't taken that seriously. Stars get every call and called for nothing. Kreider just needs to shoot a lot more. When he does that, he'll score 30-40 goals every season on a good line.

Stepan has quietly put up 9 points in his last 6 games. He's got 44 points now. Kesler has 39. Again, more proof that trading Stepan for Kesler was beyond stupid. Stepan has stunk most of this year. He's coming on now. Hopefully, he can finish strong with 60+ points.

9. SaveLundy

SaveLundy Active Member

It time for you to stop using stats as some measuring line for a player. you do it with the kids in minors as if Duclair scoring huge amounts in QMJHL is going to magically equate to NHL caliber player. Stepan SHOULD have more points then Kesler, he plays on the First line and plays with better talent then kesler. Might add that Kesler is now playing for that useless tool tortorella. hahahaha just looked up Duclairs stats, he can put the puck in the net but hes just another 5'11 177lbs dawes, you keep getting your boners over this kid I'll wait till he hits actual competition in the AHL and NHL before i declare the kid some phenom.

10. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Agree on that. Stepan has, what, 11 goals? he's had tons of secondary assists and has mooched off Nash/Kreider all year. He might ride their tail to a 55-60pt season and people will once again start to overrate him as a 1st line center.

11. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Stepan just dosen't pass the eye test as a top line C. You know one when you see it. I would even argue that he's a great #2, his skills are average at best.

12. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

he may not be a "great" #2 but i think he's a fine #2 that a team can win with. If he's your best center then it clearly shows you're weak down the middle.

13. dumpstralmannow

Lundy, you're head is so far up your ass it's incredible. If anything, I have been the one poster on here who has always talked about intangibles and not looking at stats when a prospect or player plays on a crap team. I've said countless times that players on this team are not view as crap to other GM's and would put up better numbers elsewhere. Get a clue dude.

14. dumpstralmannow

It is obviously you have no clue on Kesler. There is a reason the Canucks almost traded him when he was young over 1.5 million a season. There is a reason he is in trade rumors every year. It's because he's not a great player who is very inconsistent and really isn't a good team guy. You would know that if you would look at the total picture once in a while.

15. chuckd3534

Is Stepan or Richards the # 1 this season? And I also think Brassard is better than an average # 3 C, so 1-3 we have pretty solid C's IMO.

16. Disturbed

Software
    If you put Kesler w Nash and Kreider his numbers would be better then Stepan's but Chuck is right our C is plenty deep. I do think that w us getting older w St Louis it made sense to keep Step but he shouldn't be anything close to untouchable. Even yesterday there were 2 passes to Nash who was open for good shot and both passes were terrible.

17. dumpstralmannow

That's a bunch of crap Disturbed. For the past 4 years most of the people on this board were saying if you put players on this team with other teams and on other lines, their stats would be better. Now, you want to reverse that crap to talk up Kesler? Spare me. Kesler is simply overrated by a ton of posters on this board. He had two very good seasons playing with the Sedin's in their prime. If you look at his other seasons, they are no better than Stepan's seasons.

18. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Basically they have 3 #2's which isn't the worst thing but also dosen't give them that gamebreaking player either. I still think they should sign Stastny or maybe revisit the Kesler thing at the draft. They need a better player than Stepan/Brassard centering that top line. Kesler provides a physical element that's missing there.

19. Disturbed

Software
    Dump I normally agree w you on most things but Nash is light years better then Raymond Booth Higgins or Burrows which are the wingers Kesler mostly played with past 2 years. He doesn't play w Sedins except PP

Im actually glad they kept Stepan but he hasn't exactly played well this year