Redd FA Thoughts

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by milwaukeebucks#1, Oct 5, 2004.

1. milwaukeebucks#1

milwaukeebucks#1 JBB JustBBall Member

"As such, there aren't any guarantees Redd will return to the Bucks after this season, especially since the interest in him by other teams is likely to be as keen as the interest shown by all of those reporters Monday. What's more, while Redd says he enjoys playing for the Bucks, he didn't give any indication he will remain with the team beyond this season. "I can't really say right now, but I can tell you the fans here have been great,'' Redd said. "I kind of grew up here. I was drafted here. But it's a business, and when the times comes to make a decision, I'll deal with it." Racine Journal Times

"Asked if he would re-sign with the Bucks if the Bucks offered as much money, or more than any other team, Redd said, "I can't say that right now, either. A lot of things go into negotiations. Right now, it would be hard to make an assessment on that. "I have training camp to worry about now and I'm getting ready for the season. I have too many other things on my mind. "The one thing with me is that I've been in this situation before, a couple years ago, and I focused on basketball and not on the other stuff and everything turned out fine. Basketball will reward you if you play hard and play well.'' When the Bucks re-signed Redd two years ago, only one other team showed any appreciable interest in him. That was the Dallas Mavericks, who offered Redd a four-year $12 million deal. The Bucks, however, matched the Mavericks' offer and retained Redd." Racine Journal Times

"Larry Harris, the Bucks' general manager, said the team is positioned to adequately compensate Redd and will make every effort to keep him in the fold. "I have talked to Michael directly and have told him how valuable he is to our team and how valuable of a piece he is to our franchise,'' Harris said. "I would love to have Michael signed. If I could have signed him by now, I would have. We want to keep Michael Redd, that's for sure." Racine Journal Times