Redfearn's millennium roam

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by dycdan, Nov 3, 2006.

1. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"><font size="2">Neil Redfearn is doing his best to nail the adage that lust makes a man old but keeps a woman young. </font> <font size="2">As Redfearn prepares for his 1,000th competitive game, it is his love for the mistress he fell in love with years ago that keeps the 41-year-old forever youthful. </font>
    <font size="2">Redfearn's football travels rival those of Gulliver, and the latest stop in an odyssey that began as a 17-year-old at Bolton is at Bradford Park Avenue who operate in the Unibond League's Division One. </font>
    <font size="2">Redfearn will reach his milestone in the FA Trophy second round tie with Solihull and in between, he has played for 14 clubs, tasted ambrosia with the Premiership gods and eaten more humble fare with mere mortals further down the football staircase. </font>
    <font size="2">What keeps him going? "That's easy," Redfearn told BBC Sport, "I love playing football." </font>
    <font size="2">"It seems a long time ago since I made my debut as a 17-year-old with Bolton but I think I have enjoyed every game. </font>
    <font size="2">"I never lose sight of the fact that I have been privileged to be a professional footballer. But the enjoyment I get from playing has always been there and I think that might have prolonged my career."</font>

...</div>BBC SPORT | Football | Non League | Redfearn's millennium roam

Its great to see anyone reach their <font size="2">1,000th competitive game! :rockon:</font>