Redskins Draft Discussion

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Agent Zero, Feb 3, 2007.

1. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 16 2007, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Feb 17 2007, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 16 2007, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Oh my God, three million dollars a year [​IMG]</div>Still not worth it. [​IMG]</div>You wouldn't give up a horrible pick for a hard-hitting safety that will get you 130 tackles and a few sacks? I don't care how bad his pass coverage is, $3M + his stats is better than a 3rd round pick who will do nothing.</div>Nope. I'd rather have the Third Round Pick, only an Skins fan would trash a Third Round Pick. :thumbsup: Not to mention only one season he has even come close to those numbers you claim. His best season was 14 tackles shy and none of his other seasons he came within 40 tackles of that number you claim he will put up. :whistling:

2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

[quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='85045' date='Feb 17 2007, 01:21 AM'][quote name='The Punisher' post='85037' date='Feb 16 2007, 09:53 PM'][quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='85035' date='Feb 17 2007, 12:44 AM'][quote name='The Punisher' post='85034' date='Feb 16 2007, 09:39 PM']Oh my God, three million dollars a year [​IMG][/quote]Still not worth it. [​IMG][/quote]You wouldn't give up a horrible pick for a hard-hitting safety that will get you 130 tackles and a few sacks? I don't care how bad his pass coverage is, $3M + his stats is better than a 3rd round pick who will do nothing.[/quote]Nope. I'd rather have the Third Round Pick, only an Skins fan would trash a Third Round Pick. :thumbsup: Not to mention only one season he has even come close to those numbers you claim. His best season was 14 tackles shy and none of his other seasons he came within 40 tackles of that number you claim he will put up. :whistling:[/quote]He got 149 in 2002... don't look at nfl.com; look at nflplayers.com for accurate stats.

3. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 16 2007, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He got 149 in 2002... don't look at nfl.com; look at nflplayers.com for accurate stats.</div>Interesting, so NFL.com, NFLPlayers.com Stats Section, ESPN, Adam Archuleta's own personal website Arch31.com, Sports Illustrated, Yahoo! Sports, Fox Sports and numerous other websites are all Incorrect.But NFLPlayers.com 'Bio' is the one that is correct? Yeah, bullshit.

4. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Feb 17 2007, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 16 2007, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He got 149 in 2002... don't look at nfl.com; look at nflplayers.com for accurate stats.</div>Interesting, so NFL.com, NFLPlayers.com Stats Section, ESPN, Adam Archuleta's own personal website Arch31.com, Sports Illustrated, Yahoo! Sports, Fox Sports and numerous other websites are all Incorrect.But NFLPlayers.com 'Bio' is the one that is correct? Yeah, bullshit.</div>If SI and ESPN say 116 then fine. But I never look at nfl.com for stats. I don't know where Madden gets its stats from but those are correct.

5. makers3245

makers3245 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

The Redskins will draft DT Branch out of Michingan with their first overall pick.Thats a given.If they do anything else, I kill them.

6. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (makers3245 @ Feb 19 2007, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Redskins will draft DT Branch out of Michingan with their first overall pick.Thats a given.If they do anything else, I kill them.</div>I know you guys are going to hate this, but If I'm the Redskins I'd have to think long and hard before passing up on someone of the Caliber of Brady Quinn if he falls that far. Maybe I was the only one, but Jason Campbell didn't really impress me in his 7 starts where he had a poor Completion Percentage and a poor Yards Per Attempt and an Average QB Rating. Now he is bound to improve with Experiance, but when you're given the Chance to draft a potential Franchise Quarterback it should be a tough decision. I'd also probably consider both of the Defensive End prospects as well. Although in the end, I think the Redskins probably will take Alan Branch as they're all about the 'Quick Fix' strategy and it is so a Redskins move.

7. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Campbell did very well stepping in as he did, and he IS our franchise QB. I am a HUGE Brady Quinn fan but I would much rather have Jason Campbell behind center for my team. I really did like what I saw with him this year and I think with this whole year ahead of him he is going to suprise a lot of people, including yourself.

8. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

venom, I didn't even bother reading your post after you said Brady Quinn.

9. makers3245

If Quinn does fall that far and if the skins take him, he will be for trade bait.

10. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JHair @ Feb 19 2007, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Campbell did very well stepping in as he did, and he IS our franchise QB. I am a HUGE Brady Quinn fan but I would much rather have Jason Campbell behind center for my team. I really did like what I saw with him this year and I think with this whole year ahead of him he is going to suprise a lot of people, including yourself.</div>Based on what? 7 starts where he put up a 2-5 record (Not to mention he wasn't particularly impressive in either win as the Skins couldn't score more then 20 points or Campbell complete more then 50% of his passes either time) and below average stats? You guys were killing Eli Manning this time last year when he put up better stats then Campbell did. I know he's going to improve over time, but the question is how much will he improve and I don't think it is enough to pass up on someone with the potential to be a True Franchise Quarterback in Brady Quinn.

11. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Jason Campbell is our true franchise quarterback.Not having Portis, Patten, and Fauria really hurt Campbell's stats.But in case you haven't noticed, our offense was one of the best with Campbell. It was the defense that lost us the games.

12. makers3245

Jason is the future yes.The Redskins will not pick Brady Quinn if he is there at their selection. They are going to pick Alan Branch. I wouldn't mind them picking a Safety or Cornerback in the draft either.

13. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 20 2007, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Jason Campbell is our true franchise quarterback.Not having Portis, Patten, and Fauria really hurt Campbell's stats.But in case you haven't noticed, our offense was one of the best with Campbell. It was the defense that lost us the games.</div>Missing Portis didn't do anything considering LaDell Betts played as well, if not better, in his absense. Patten is a #4 Wide Reciever and Christian Fauria is a backup Tight End also. Those weren't crippleing injuries that would have hurt a QB's production considering they are rarely on the field to begin with. And In the 7 games Campbell started, the Redskins scored 17, 17, 14, 19, 16 points in 5 of those games. Maybe you haven't quite realized this, but scoring between 14-19 points a game is rarely enough to win games unless you are also playing with a Top 10 Defense. Now granted, the Defense needs it's share of improvement also, but the Offense also deserves it's fair share of blame. They did however, manage to score 31 against St. Louis and 28 against the New York Giants, but those 2 teams were among the worst defenses in the league and many other QB's torched them too. So I wouldn't exactly hang your hat on either of those games as a sign of the future.

14. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Well, if we had Portis I'm sure we would've ran the ball 70% of the time. That really helps a QB. Fauria was Campbell's 2nd favorite target at camp, after Cooley. He likes TE's. Even Todd Yoder (who the fuck) caught a TD pass from Campbell in his debut. Patten would've been our #3 WR near the end of the year when Moss and Lloyd weren't playing much, or at all. And do you know who got all those points? Our quarterback. And BTW, he has a very good POT%. I don't care about his completions. Look at Leftwich/Garrard, Vick, Hasselbeck, Gradkowski, McNabb... they may have some pretty good receivers, but they simply drop too many passes; look at the QB's completion %. And let's not forget Campbell is a very very good scrambler and invades more tackles than any other QB probably.If you (this goes to everyone/anyone) don't think Campbell will (<u>will</u>) be great then you don't deserve to post in the Redskins forum ever again.

15. Capt. Comeback

Capt. Comeback NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 21 2007, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If you (this goes to everyone/anyone) don't think Campbell will (<u>will</u>) be great then you don't deserve to post in the Redskins forum ever again.</div>Campbell sucks

16. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

...And if you think he sucks then you don't deserve to live a life.BTW, you even said on AIM he was amazing. Don't even deny it. [​IMG]

17. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Right now I really want us to trade down to the 20's to get Patrick Willis (and then we can sign Fletcher and put him at OLB, then have Marshall as a backup LB/safety).I also wouldn't mind us trading down to 10-15 to draft Laron Landry or Reggie Nelson. I want us to have two playmakers back there, so QBs can't just throw to the opposite side of Taylor.

18. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

The Redskins need to pull a Titans and just suck it up, cut everyone that's overpaid and/or old and then rebuild.

19. makers3245

Yea, you need to go to hell. :finger: :bigfinger: :nuttkick: :flipa: The Redskins will be better next year.I Hope. [​IMG]

20. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

You HOPE? Getting a DE/DT, CB, and LB will solve our problems.