Game Thread Regular Season #69 - Pacers @ Bulls

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by bullsger, Mar 18, 2015.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Bulls win 103-86

2. truebluefan

Nikola Mirotic 25 Points Full Highlights (3/18/2015)

3. kukoc4ever

kukoc4ever Let's win a ring! Staff Member Moderator

Nice to get a big win.

It wasn't too long ago that Bulls fans would be overjoyed with winning games and having a title contending team, with coach of the year caliber coaches and all-star level players. I remember the dark days.

Its sad to see so much energy from management and some fans devoted to smearing the head coach and wailing and howling about minutes distributions, either too few or too many.

Personally, I'm looking forward to a playoff run where, if a few things bounce our way, we could very well come out of the East.

There will be plenty of time a couple of years ago I fear where we'll be worried about rookies developing and wondering how many years will it be until we are a title contender again.

Enjoy this elite group while it lasts.

Denny Crane and truebluefan like this.
  4. truebluefan

Nice post kk4e!

5. Bullsville

Bullsville Intelligent Bulls Fan

Sportswriter
    :rotfl:

I guess it's OK to smear the front office and wail and howl about how horrible they are?

:wantmommy:

I spelled out very specifically what my criticsms of Thibs are, and you lying about what I said won't change the truth. I also specifically proved all of my points were true, I can't help the fact that you won't accpet honest, factual criticism of Thibs.

http://www.sportstwo.com/threads/minutes-per-game-bulls-vs-league.280725/reply?quote=3568563

1- My problem with Thibs isn't the total minutes guys are playing it's the fact that he refuses to pull his starters with a 20 point lead and 4:00 left in the game.

One only needs to go back one page in THIS FUCKING THREAD to prove my point -

15 point game with 2:16 left, Vogel waves the white flag and takes out his starter.

Thibs, of course, still has Gasol, Noah, Niko, Brooks and Snell on the floor.

Why?

Point proven.

2- The fact that he consistently plays guys 12 or more consecutive minutes without a 2-3 minute breather.

You read KC's article and just commented on it today, Bulls players have played for 13 or more consecutive minutes more than any other team in the league.

Point proven.

3- The fact that he refuses to give guys like McDermott and Bairstow even 5-6 minutes of meaningful playing time ever, just to get them acclimated to the NBA game. Let 'em play the first 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter two or three times a month and don't freak out and to back to the starters every time the opponent goes on a 8-0 or 10-2 run. It's the NBA, 8-0 and 10-2 runs happen every game, usually multiple times a game.

I posted the numbers showing that 14 of 15 playoff teams have found time to develop their 11th thru 13th men. For the most part, other playoff teams' 11th thru 13th men play TWICE as many minutes as the Bulls'.

Point proven.

4- The fact that the Bulls have the deepest PF/C rotation in the league, yet 34-year-old Pau Gasol is 19th in the league in minutes per game.

Someone posted it here, Gasol is the oldest player in the top 50 in minutes.

Point proven.

5- Kirk Hinrich. 'Nuff said.

There is not one Bulls fan who doesn't think that Hinrich plays too many minutes.

Point proven.

http://www.sportstwo.com/threads/minutes-per-game-bulls-vs-league.280725/reply?quote=3568563

Now quit your whining, aren't you due to start another "Hinrich's Contract" thread?

6. kukoc4ever

The Bulls are having their best prolonged run over the last 5 years since the dynasty era, despite having to deal with the tragedy of Derrick Rose's knee.

We have a great head coach and a great assemblage of veteran talent. This team is built to "win now" and seems actually capable of doing something meaningful.

As a Bulls fan, you should be enjoying yourself for the mostpart.

Instead, you are ranting and raving like a crazy person. Lots of bolding and underlining and screaming but little meaningful to say. That's why "camp thidiot" has only one person it it.

You have a few quibbles that you are trying to turn into atom bombs, but the head coach you are trying to smear is one of the most respected ones in the league with a proven track record of success and a league wide reputation to back it up.

Its nonsense.

The Bulls are a legit NBA title contender and all you can do is

[​IMG]
    like a damned fool.

Grow up.

----

We've seen how shitty following this team can be at times. As mangled as it appears, this squad is the best shot at a ring we've had as fans for a long time.

Personally, I'm going to sit back and enjoy it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    Denny Crane likes this.
  7. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Isn't Thibs' worst record better than any season record since the morons in the front office broke up the dynasty?

Nope, only once in the Skiles years did they best any of Thibs' records.

Players come and players go. Coaches come and they go. The results have never been better than under Thibs in the GarPaxDorf era. The only thing constant is management and championship failure.

:lol:

But you have a bug up your ass over being wrong over and over again, so let's fire the best coach we've had aside from PJax.

8. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    And another brilliant post by K4E.

9. Bullsville

Sportswriter
    You two should start a comedy duo. Seriously, you have me laughing out loud!!

I'm sorry you guys can't refute my points because they're all true, but you're more than welcome to keep blaming GarPax for harassing Thibs, for holding a gun to his head and forcing him to play Hinrich, for terrorism, for global warming, for Obamacare, for childhood obesity, for racism, for Ferguson, for George Zimmerman, and anything else I've forgotten.

10. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Your points are worthless, so why bother refuting them?

Who gives a flying shit about the minutes played by our 12th and 13th men?

I'll take wins.

We won last night because of Thibs.

11. Bullsville

Sportswriter
    :lol: :smiley-pucaodsmijeh

Well, as soon as I'm wrong about something, let me know.

Like how Thibs has the best record in his first 5 years of any coach in history? Oh wait, that's you who was wrong about that.

Like how Hinrich was signed with the BAE last summer? Oh dammit, that's you who was wrong about that.

Let me know anything I was factually wrong about, then I might be able to get a bug up my ass!! :smiley-lol_hitting:

12. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Fool, I made you go look and see just how good his record is. I played you like a fiddle.

13. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

Would the Bulls be in a better position now if they won 7 or 8 of the last 9 and Rose, Butler and Gibson werent on the injury list?

Ignore the fact that its going to take time to work the three of them back in again.

14. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Who knows why they're really on the injured list.

15. Bullsville

Sportswriter
    Stop it, I'm trying to eat my lunch and I can't when I am rolling on the floor laughing so hard.

You sure spend a lot of time replying to my points for someone who thinks my "points are worthless, so why bother refuting them"

:smiley-jumping: :smiley-laugh: :smiley-laugh: :smiley-laugh: :smiley-laugh:

Seriously, you should consider a career in comedy.

16. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    And you the town fool.

17. kukoc4ever

The point about Thibs playing guys 13+ minutes at a time could potentially be interesting if there was evidence that playing 13+ minutes at a time matters in a meaningful way. Do you have any evidence that it does? Does Thibs do this much more than other coaches, or just a little? I think this could actually be an interesting discussion if you can answer the above questions in any meaningful capacity. If you are just going to bold, underline and shout, well, then its not really meaningful.

Its not that you are wrong, its just what you are saying doesn't matter.

The Bulls are pursuing an NBA championship and you are whipped up in a lather over minutes to the 12th man. Its just a stupid thing to be focusing on, much less get up in a rage about.

18. Bullsville

Sportswriter
    Let me know anything I was factually wrong about, then I might be able to get a bug up my ass!!

I'm still waiting...

Oldest trick on the internet, you can't refute someone's facts, call them names. :blahblah:

19. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Your "facts" have nothing to do with anything interesting.

It's just you ranting like a fool.

So why should we bother to "refute" your idiocy?

20. Bullsville

Sportswriter
    "whipped up in a lather"?

"rage"??

LMAO, dude I am just laughing my ass off at you and Denny, if you think the fact that I underline or bold something for effect means I'm "whipped up in a lather" or "raging", well I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Just because what I'm saying doesn't matter to you, it certainly matters to others.

Teams across the league are cutting down their players minutes, so it must matter to them. And I'm sure they aren't concerned that it doesn't matter to you.

There are stats kept on which teams play their guys over 13 minutes without rest, the simple fact that someone is compiling this information means it matters to some folks, even if they didn't call you and ask if it matters to you.

There are teams that are giving healthy players the night off, just so they can rest. This also allows their bench players to get some meaningful minutes. I'm quite sure it's not GarPax calling and telling them to give their healthy players the night off.

It's really simple, if what I'm saying doesn't matter, nobody is forcing you to discuss it.