Regular Season Game 11 - Bulls @ Clippers

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by bullsger, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Fun fact.

Our starting PG had fewer assists (5) than: Taj (6), Noah (6), Jimmy (8).

Mitotic actually looked like he might live up to the hype.

McBuckets looks McLost.

2. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

I think this was the best win of the season.

As of right now Jimmy is one of the 5 best SG's in the league.

Kobe
    DWade
    Harden
    Klay
    Jimmy

The big issue with our bench is Tony Snell, not Kirk. Kirk's come exactly as advertised. If Derrick could stay healthy he'd probably be getting 20-some minutes a game and no one would be complaining (except Denny of course). But you can't trust Tony for 10 honest minutes a night which means it's hard to have a lineup without Jimmy in it that can hold it together.

I've always believed both Niko and Doug will be fine. Niko looked great the other night. He gets mixed up on defense a few times each game but you can tell he "gets it", he just hasn't put it together yet. But on most nights he's a physical mismatch against the guy guarding him.

Doug's big problem is that he can't get separation from his defender. This might be an ongoing problem for him. It might be alleviated by playing with better teammates, but teams are sticking to him like glue and daring him to beat the defense in other ways and right now he and the team haven't figured out a way to consistently do it. So he's mostly out there as a decoy right now running around with a defender attached to him to make space for other people.

3. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    rosenthall,

We won in a rout and yet Snell got a DNP-CD.

I think if he got some consistent burn, we'd be asking "Kirk who?"

4. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

We won by 16, but I don't think the game was a route. We pulled away at the end because we had Jimmy. The Clips pulled within 7 with about 6 minutes to go on their home court. The momentum of the game was at stake.

I think of basketball outcomes as a summation of different runs throughout the game, and the final score was due to the fact that we stopped the Clips' run and began our own at about the 4-5 minute mark. What's the difference between the Clips being able to continue their own momentum for another 2-3 minutes? If the game's tied with 5:00 to go?

If you have Snell in there instead of Jimmy in those minutes that's the risk you take, IMO.

FWIW I think Thibs makes in-game substitutions based on the same line of thinking.

5. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    It was 79-64 after Q3. The Bulls increased their lead to 18 after 4 minutes.

Then the starters came in (tired?) and failed to score for 3 1/2 minutes. The game wasn't tied with 5 minutes to go, it was a 10 point game.

6. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I agree with you! Snell is not aggressive enough when he comes into the game. Will he ever be? That is the question.