Religion? Forced on you, You want it, You dont care

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Stephen Curry, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Stephen Curry

Stephen Curry GSW Championship Year

This thread is just giving me so much knowledge but you guys post so fast when im gone i have to back and re read :P

2. Stephen Curry

Stephen Curry GSW Championship Year

I got around to looking at this pretty cool

Off topic Cold Play just came on my radio :)

3. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Of course men have been searching for good for thousands of years. Some of the teaching of the late JC also were taught by the previous JC some 5000 years earlier. And then again by Buddha Long before Jesus came on the seen.

By the way the Church of Christianity no longer exists as it did when the first council met in Constantinople. Many Christian churches have take the place with many forms of Christianity today. The 10 commandments do not belong to Christianity or even the Jews together with the Christians. The Muslims also accept many of them and I believe several essentially existed in the Hindu religion, long before including them in the Christian Bibles book of Moses. Also I think it is fair to say seven of the Commandments are guide lines of behavior in the Buddhist religion.

So it is a completely a falsehood for secular purists to bitch about violations of the 1st amendment when in regard to things associated with many religions. Just because The 10 commandments are listed some where does not
    imply the Congress is make no law respecting an establishment of a religion. As you say, many of these thing are of so many religions there are by plural use, secular. There is not one Christian religion, there are many, there is not one Islamic religion there are several

But you know I do not know of any religion that codifies bringing forth feral children all would chastise a follower for the practice. Only godless ones find it acceptable and practice it without remorse.

4. crowTrobot

crowTrobot die comcast

define feral. I was assuming you just meant children with inadequate or absentee parenting, but here it sounds more like you are referring to the institution of marriage rather than quality of parenting a child receives.

Either way I'd like to see any evidence that children with inadequate parenting, or born out of wedlock are statistically any less likely to have parents who are theists.

5. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

Secular progressive.

Beautiful.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  6. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

By the way...

Mickey Mantle was the superior one on that team.

7. crowTrobot

crowTrobot die comcast

I keep thinking Olshey is a TV evangelist

8. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

Thank you for checking it out. Any thoughts on the ideas mentioned? Any reason for mentioning coldplay?

9. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    This world must have a Creator. How else could it be so rotten to the core? Torture, war, poverty...only a superbeing could accomplish such wonders.

This universe must have been created for us. That fresh country air smells so good once you leave Earth. No danger, no radiation, no vacuum, no speed limit requiring all of man's current energy grid to attain. The universe is optimized for us.

10. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Growing up
    Family was Jewish and I had to go to synagogue growing up, and had a bar mitzvah, but never forced to believe anything. When going to synagogue my mom, who knew none of her children were heavily religious, would ask us to just go to services to make her happy and try and listen to the sermon because the Rabbi worked hard every week to craft a moral, humorous tale to think about.

Now
    I like the testable. I have no need for religion and in fact think it's a bad thing for society, although can be good for certain individuals. I wish I could show religious people how perfectly everything fits when logic is used. I'm sure they wish they could show me how perfectly everything fits when you have god. And that's the problem. I will never see it from that perspective, and they won't see it from my perspective. kind of sucks.

Future
    I think we continue to lose our religion. Science and technology are too hard to ignore over the long haul. The one thing I think religion really got right are the small communities that they create. Those communities can evolve to exist around other groupings, but it's hard without religion because for those communities to really flourish there needs to be a major commonality amongst the members.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013