Repealing Obamacare

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Rastapopoulos, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    It's not tax funded.

It's like postage stamps funding the post office.

You can mischaracterize my proposal as you see fit. Go ahead and argue against that. It's no victory of any kind. In no way is my proposal a single payer system.

https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/postal-facts/top-10-things-to-know.htm

And most importantly…

1. The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.

blue32 likes this.
  2. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
  3. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
  4. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
    Left wing rag:

5. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
  6. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Repealing Obama care will cut 3 million jobs and leave millions who are in poverty without healthcare

7. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I did a little checking on how we recieved our healthcare insurance back in 2009.

43% of Americans (61% of non Medicare) get their health insurance from an employer that is self insured. <--- some were screwed

About 15% are on Medicaid.

Nearly 14% are on Medicare.

Almost 4% are in military health care.

About 9% buy private health care insurance. <---- Screwed

Around 10% are uninsured citizens. <---- Helped

About 5% are uninsured aliens.

Many of the self insured plans are administered by an insurance company but the employer has the final say on major decisions.

It seems correcting what insurance companies do or don't do can't be the whole problem since they actually cover a minor percentage of the population.

Now so far the people that have been covered by self insured employers have not been affected a great deal. The companies hire new people when needed but most do not hire
    people with medical conditions and check by making sure they can pass a physical exam.

So who got screwed by the Obama care?
    The people that buy health care, and the employers that buy insurance for their employees.
    The price went up drastically to cover the preexisting conditions. Some young people made out if there parents had healthcare so they can stay on their plan until 26 years old.
    A large group of people that were retired from some company that provided healthcare got screwed because the Obama care called for taxing these companies if they continued
    to provide the healthcare. Of course, the flip side of this is, the law made it legal for these companies to quit providing the healthcare and the retirees had no recourse. Many lost their healthcare.
    Most now have to buy something but most can not buy insurance nearly as good has they had prior to getting screwed with the Obama care act.

The people that really got whacked was the young people that are force to buy this bloated Obama care insurance in stead of the cheap catastrophic coverage they once could get that served the needs of most young people.

Seems like one hell of a disruption to many people all to cover some people that were not covered. It really was a plan to screw many, while helping the preferred targeted population.
    I think KingSpeed now has my insurance that I earned over 30 some years. Some how, I don't think this mess was done within the boundaries of the original intent of the Constitution.

I think it should be repealed, but that will not fix it for a lot of people that got screwed. If you want to help the people that did not have coverage, then disclose the cost and see how much support you get. The slight of hand to screw groups of people for the purpose of helping another has got to stop!

I do not think you can fix this so that preexisting conditions are covered since the pool of people who buy insurance is too small, a minor portion of the general population.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  8. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

#winning

9. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    It is against the law to deny someone health care who needs it.

Even those in poverty.

http://law.freeadvice.com/malpractice_law/hospital_malpractice/hospital-patients.htm

Public and private hospitals alike are prohibited by law from denying a patient care in an emergency. The Emergency Medical and Treatment Labor Act (EMTLA) passed by Congress in 1986 explicitly forbids the denial of care to indigent or uninsured patients based on a lack of ability to pay. It also prohibits unnecessary transfers while care is being administered and prohibits the suspension of care once it is initiated, provisions that prevent dumping patients who cannot pay on other hospitals. The treatment of indigent and uninsured patients is a huge financial drain upon the health system, especially in areas where no public hospitals are available.

10. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    It didn't take long after that law was passed, before the healthcare cost began to spiral out of sight. Back when my kids were young, you could take them to ER to get patch up from some screw up for 10 - 20 bucks. I took my grandson to the ER a few years ago to get three stiches, 1800 bucks. Then his insurance company got the hospital to settle for 600 bucks. But the poor bugger that does not have insurance or has very high deductable (and pays his bills) will have to pay that $1800. A cost shift to cover those that ER is force to take care of under the law you state.
    The hospital I took my grandson to, has a full one third of the traffic through not pay, too poor and no insurance at the time I talked with them. I don't know the percentages are today.

11. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    The more people get to bill the government, the bigger the bills are.

If you can bill $1800 for a $100 service and settle for $600, you make out like a bandit. Literally.

12. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

You shouldn't be able to bill $1800 for a $100 service...thats ridiculous...but that is also capitalism at work....God Bless America!

13. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    No, that's social democracy at work.

Capitalism demands that there is more profit in selling goods and services for fair market. See supply/demand curve.

If a company charged $1800 for a $100 service, that's an opportunity to start a business that charges $1700.

Competition is what keeps costs fair, not intervening in the market.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  14. Chris Craig

15. Chris Craig

16. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    That is the result of legally making consumers out of people that can't not pay. Those that can get a bill that covers those that can't, unless you have the power to object, then you pay one third.

Keep in mind, this is a non profit facility. I paid $200 a year taxes to keep this place running.

17. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

It's kinda cute that some of you think your insurance rates are going to go down once Obamacare is repealed.

UncleCliffy'sDaddy likes this.
  18. Chris Craig

That shits gonna skyrocket! Taxes gonna skyrocket! Inflation gonna skyrocket! (That last too not because obamacare repeal, but because Trump is going to destroy America)

19. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Not until they begin to compete and sell real insurance again. Not so sure the government will ever allow it to happen.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  20. Chris Craig

Trump is gonna make America great again....for the rich