OT Report: Woman Told Police That Mark Cuban Sexually Assaulted Her While Posing For A Photo In 2011

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BigGameDamian, Mar 6, 2018.

1. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

https://deadspin.com/report-woman-told-police-that-mark-cuban-sexually-assa-1823570728/amp

[​IMG]
    Willamette Week has obtained and published excerpts of a 2011 police report investigating a woman’s claim that Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban sexually assaulted her while posing for a photo, allegedly reaching his hand down the back of her jeans and inserting his finger in her vagina. Cuban denied the accusation, and no charges were filed.

Cuban had been in Portland for a Mavericks-Trail Blazers game in April 2011. He encountered the woman while out at a bar, and she asked to take a photo with him.

“He then moved his hand down until it was on her buttocks,” read the Portland police detective’s summary of the alleged victim’s statement, obtained by Willamette Week. “Cuban then pushed his hand down the back of her jeans and inside her underwear where he cupped his hand over her groin area and inserted the tip of his finger into her vagina.”

The woman gave seven cell phone photos from the evening to police, but the bureau declined to release them to Willamette Week. Two of the photos were described as notable in the police report:

In both images, Cuban’s right shoulder is lowered and he appears to be stretching to reach his arm down. In one of the pictures, his arm can be seen behind [the alleged victim] and it appears Cuban is reaching down toward her buttocks.

The woman went to police a week later, and Cuban was contacted soon after. He immediately denied the allegations, and his lawyer contacted two urologists who gave a statement claiming that Cuban physically could not have committed the assault in question: “[Cuban] is a large male with large hands, making penetration without lubrication of the woman in the standing position virtually impossible.” Police completed the investigation, with insufficient evidence to file charges, in July 2011.

Rather than directing police detective Brendan McGuire to his lawyer, Cuban agreed to a phone interview about the allegations himself. Here are some of the excerpts published by WW:

Cuban: Look, I’m, I’m, I’m not gonna sit here, I, how did she say I touched her? Look, people, people hug me. People grab me. People grab onto me all the time.

McGuire: Sure.

Cuban: And it wouldn’t shock me if, you know, I like put my arm around somebody or, I mean, but I inappropriately touched? Like in what manner?

McGuire: Well, I’ll tell you what the allegation is. And, of course, keep in mind, Mr. Cuban, that I’m not sitting here talking to you, accusing you of anything.

McGuire: Well, there are two pictures. I will tell that you can’t see your hands in any of them. Frankly, the cellphone picture quality is not good enough to do that. There are two pictures that do appear to have your shoulder dipping and your arm sort of, if you follow the direction of it, down below her waist.

Cuban: Are you kidding me?

McGuire: No.

Cuban: ‘Cause I always make a point to show my ring finger whenever I take pictures with girls. My left hand.

Cuban: But there’s no way that anybody is ever going to say or know. It would’ve happened right then if they would’ve seen or known something. They would’ve stood up. I mean, anybody can make this shit up.

McGuire: That is also true. I will certainly concede that. And then once I’ve conducted as thorough an investigation as I can, our district attorney would look at it and make a decision if they thought there was enough evidence for a prosecution.

Cuban: And what’s your gut feel?

McGuire: At this point, I can’t tell you that. And I can’t really ethically tell you that anyway.

Cuban: Oh that’s fine. That’s fine. That’s fine. That’s fine. That’s fine. She said I stuck my finger up her crack or crotch?

McGuire: Yeah.

McGuire: Well, if what she is alleging were true, then under Oregon law, let’s see, that would be a sex abuse in the second degree, which is a felony. It’s the lowest-level felony there is, but it is a felony. And basically, the legal definition of that is penetration without someone’s consent but not any force or threats or anything like that.

Cuban: Right.

McGuire: And then as far as the consequences, I mean, that obviously that’s way down the road, possibly farther than we could even look. It’s all kind of things could happen.

Cuban: Oh my Lord. Oh my fucking Lord. Oh, that’s what you get for being nice.

Darkwebs, stampedehero and Nate like this.
  2. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Uh oh

illmatic99 likes this.
  3. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

He did that shit. The urologist part and "I always show my ring finger" crack me up

Paine Tablet, dviss1 and stampedehero like this.
  4. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Like Trump says "grab em by the pussy"

5. SportsAndWhine

SportsAndWhine Dumbass For Hire

I see a $400 fine in Cuban's future!

6. bodyman5000 and 1

Cuban talked shit about Trump as a deflection. It would be kinda difficult to pull this assault off on an unwilling victim though.

7. SportsAndWhine

Not fighting back does not equal willing.

Nikolokolus, dviss1 and stampedehero like this.
  8. bodyman5000 and 1

Where do people come up with this stupidity?

Puts hand down girls pants. Doesn't say no. Buys her a drink and takes her by the hand to private plane. Doesn't say no. Takes her to the Bahamas and takes her everywhere and buys her everything she wants and she doesn't say no. Sleeps with her over and over and falls in love with her. Two years later at the alter the preacher says "do you so and so take Mark to be your lawful wedded husband?"

NOOOOOOOOO I'VE BEEN A PRISONER THE WHOLE TIME

I don't like Mark Cuban, you can search my posts by his name. He fondled a drunk girl while he was drunk most likely.

DaLincolnJones and stampedehero like this.
  9. Nate

Nate #itsokaytobewhite #wakandaforever BANNED

Unless a girl is wearing some type of stretchy pants, it is physically impossible for me to do this either.

That’s harder than putting my hand in a pocket.

stampedehero likes this.
  10. SportsAndWhine

By respecting women instead of treating them like vending machines you stick drinks into until sex comes out.

dviss1 likes this.
  11. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

You would have to be a real savage to pull that shit in a picture. Now I’m not gonna call this woman a liar but at the same time why are you bringing this up now? We are talking 2011. 7 years ago. I will give her every benefit of the doubt but the thing is, there have been a lot of women that do this trying to cash in. It’s just real suspect this happened in 2011 and you wait 7 years to bring it up. It’s also fairly hard to believe. I mean if she can provide proof than alright but that’s a tough one to prove. I don’t even like Cuban either but it’s a tough one

12. Cippy91

Okay wait am I reading this right? So she did report it, it just wasn’t found until now? I mean reading it again that’s what it sounds like

kjironman1 likes this.
  13. SportsAndWhine

My mama said anything before the "but" is bullshit.

dviss1 likes this.
  14. SportsAndWhine

"a 2011 police report investigating a woman’s claim"

"a 2011 police report"

"2011"

Yes.

dviss1 likes this.
  15. Cippy91

It’s just a tough situation. I mean yeah he very well could of. At the same time let’s not act like there are quite a bit of women out there who have done this to celebrities and what not. We can’t just believe everybody when they make accusations. So who knows really. Would have to see the pics and even then, pulling that maneuver off is weird

16. bodyman5000 and 1

Never took advantage of a drunk girl in my life. I wanted to. I really did.

I wasn't there and I didn't see it. I don't know what he did for a fact. I think he probably did what she said. Oh well.

How could you charge someone with a felony for that?

For some weird reason guys in my line of work think it is funny to grab each other's nipples. I tell anyone that does it to me that the first one is a warning. The second one is a punch in the side of the head.

17. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Nigel Jaquiss is the best reporter in this city. He's the one who exposed both Goldschmidt and Kitzhaber's bullshit.

So that's two governors and possible presidential candidate he's taken down.

18. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

19. Cippy91

20. Cippy91

I am probably the squarest bear in life. Never even been drunk before. Personal choice. I get scared and used to get scared for girls who are friends going to a party, there are some scummy ass dudes out there man. It's fucked

dviss1 and bodyman5000 and 1 like this.