Politics Republican Voters Against Trump

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by kjironman1, Sep 11, 2020.

?

Are you a Republican? If so will you be voting for Trump?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I'm a Democrat and voting for Trump!

4. I'm a Democrat voting for Biden

5. I'm a Republican voting for Biden!

6. I'm a Republican/Democrat and not voting for Trump but i won't vote for Biden either!

7. I'm an Independent and I am voting for Trump!

8. I'm an Independent and I am voting for Biden!

9. I am other (green, libertarian etc) and I am voting for Trump

10. I am other (green, libertarian etc) and I am voting for Biden

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

2. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

3. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    For all his faults, and there are many, at least he's man enough to admit his error.

4. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Right, but Chris Christie talked about leaders should tell truth without mentioning Trump.

Lanny likes this.
  5. GoBlazersGo

GoBlazersGo Well-Known Member

"Abject failure. Heh."

Propagandist likes this.
  6. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

NBC News YouTube channel showed 153,660 viewers were watching. ABC News's YouTube channel showed 507,445 viewers.

Trump lost on the most important platform he knows. RATINGS!

Lanny and yankeesince59 like this.
  7. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    You make me happy enough to want to whistle to the birds.

kjironman1 likes this.
  8. kjironman1

You can bet Trump ain’t happy about those ratings.
    If his ratings were higher though it would be all about Sleepy Joe can’t get ratings.

lawai'a likes this.
  9. kjironman1

10. yankeesince59

To be fair, Trump's town halls were on 3 different networks...and though Biden still had more viewers there wasn't a huge difference in overall ratings.

11. kjironman1

Trump’s “attempts to hijack our faith for votes, and evangelical leaders’ silence on his actions and behavior, has presented a picture of what our faith looks like that is so erroneous that it has done significant damage to the way people view Jesus,” said Duford on the call, which was sponsored by Not Our Faith PAC, a bipartisan group formed just this week with the explicit goal of trying to defeat Trump."

This article is hitting on a number of issue i have had for years now. Why on earth would good people of faith follow this man?

I have lost all of the little respect i had left for the Church. Granted it wasn't much but it's pretty much completely gone now.

Statements like this should have been made 3 -4 years ago. Why all the sudden now they know they are going to lose?
    """I spent the better part of my life watching my grandfather look to be an example of Jesus, to how to conduct himself and how to treat people. Scripture talks about doing justly, loving mercy, walking humbly, and these are tenets of our faith that I do not believe our president demonstrates in any way,” she said."""

As far as i am concerned the evangelicals are in the same filthy smelling pile of crap the republicans are in.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/evangeli...hadows-with-new-groups-and-ads-152644503.html

12. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

13. yankeesince59

I was concerned that a mediocre turnout would help Trump...but needless to say, so far I'm a happy camper.

VOTE !

kjironman1 likes this.
  14. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    I think it's more like voting with a pandemic looks like.

15. yankeesince59

FIFY

kjironman1 and julius like this.
  16. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    A random, informal survey of clients found approximately 55% Trump, 30% Anti-Trump, and 15 Biden. There pro/con Trump people were very sincere in their opinions while the pro Biden group was much less enthusiastic. Of course, it is a very small sample size and clients of this nature have historically been at least more fiscally conservative.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  17. yankeesince59

Louisiana, Montana, West Virginia?

18. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Could be. 136-million people voted in the last election. If you figure 25% of people (arbitrary number) are wanting to vote by mail or drop-off, early votes need to hit 34-million to match the last turn-out. Looks like it will surpass that.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  19. kjironman1

Run all these JACKASSES out of Washington!

From the Article-
    "Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska unleashed on Trump in a telephone town hall event with constituents on Wednesday, eviscerating the president’s response to the coronavirus pandemic and accusing him of “flirting” with dictators and white supremacists and alienating voters so broadly that he might cause a “Republican bloodbath” in the Senate. He was echoing a phrase from Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, who warned of a “Republican bloodbath of Watergate proportions.” Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, one of the president’s most vocal allies, predicted the president could very well lose the White House."

"Even the normally taciturn Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., the majority leader, has been more outspoken than usual in recent days about his differences with the president, rejecting his calls to “go big” on a stimulus bill."

"“Voters are set to drive the ultimate wedge between Senate Republicans and Trump,” said Alex Conant, a former aide to Sen. Marco Rubio and a former White House spokesman. “It’s a lot easier to get along when you’re winning elections and gaining power. But when you’re on the precipice of what could be a historic loss, there is less eagerness to just get along.”

Here is the Kicker!

"Yet Romney and other Republicans who have spoken up to offer dire predictions or expressions of concern about Trump are all sticking with the president on what is likely his final major act before the election: the confirmation of Judge Amy Coney Barrett, a favorite of conservatives, to the Supreme Court."

"“Most congressional Republicans have known that this is unsustainable long term, and they’ve just been — some people may call it pragmatic, some may call it opportunistic — keeping their heads down and doing what they have to do while they waited for this time to come,” he said."

Damn Straight the President is done!

"“If you’re able to say it out loud, there is an effective message that a Republican Senate can be a check on a Democratic-run Washington,” Buck said. “It’s just hard to say that out loud because you have to concede the president is done.”

“His weakness in dealing with coronavirus has put a lot more seats in play than we ever could have imagined a year ago,” said Whit Ayres, a Republican pollster and consultant. “We always knew that there were going to be a number of close Senate races, and we were probably swimming against the tide in places like Arizona, Colorado and Maine. But when you see states that are effectively tied, like Georgia and North Carolina and South Carolina, that tells you something has happened in the broader environment.”

My biggest Problem with that spineless ass McConnell is that this is the most he could come up with.

A more personal rebuke came from McConnell last week when the Kentuckian, who is up for reelection, told reporters that he had avoided visiting the White House since late summer because of its handling of the coronavirus.

“My impression was their approach to how to handle this was different from mine and what I insisted that we do in the Senate,” McConnell said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/16/us/politics/republican-senators-trump.html

20. kjironman1