Exclusive Retooling The Blazers Rotation

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Below is their assessment and I think it is pretty accurate. My main concern is who is playing in crunch time, and to be honest Dame is the only sure thing. The rest of the lineup should be determined on on who is playing best that particular game. There is now enough depth at SG, SF, PF and Center to make them earn their minutes. I still like a Dame CJ Hood Jake and Nurk lineup for the most part at the end of games, but Aminu, Harkless, ET, Curry, and Kanter and even Collins can certainly finish as well if they are having a good game. I know some will say we need Hark or Aminu in there for defense and that might be true in some matchups, but I am not sold that they are that much better on D than Jake or Hood that would make up for the difference on the offensive side.

Starters

Damian Lillard
    CJ McCollum
    Maurice Harkless
    Al Farouq Aminu
    Jusuf Nurkic

Bench

Seth Curry
    Evan Turner
    Rodney Hood
    Jake Layman/Zach Collins
    Enes Kanter

Odd Men Out

Meyers Leonard – though based on foul trouble/match-ups we may see him here and there
    Skal Labissiere
    Anfernee Simons
    Gary Trent Jr

Chris Craig likes this.
  2. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    I think that's pretty accurate. The one wildcard I see is Moe Harkless's knee. If he can't go, or if his knee reduces his productivity, Stotts' job managing minutes gets a lot easier. Hood would probably slide into the starting 3 spot with Layman getting the backup minutes.

3. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I think Meyers will play less than Collins, but depending on matchups/injuries we will see him. Layman and Collins will share the backup 4 mins.

Olshey doesn't care as long the Blazers win. He obviously sees Hood and Kanter as upgrades and knows Enes Kanter will play over Meyers/Collins. I don't see it failing per say. Maybe it won't change much. I think the Blazers took a step up.

4. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I agree it probably to some degree depend on who is hot and who is not. It will also depend on matchups. It will be the starters with Layman, Hood, Kanter, sometimes Curry sprinkled in.

5. Chris Craig

True Moe's knee is persistant. Stotts usually goes with Turner or Layman in his absence. Hood would be interesting.

6. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    Want to retool the lineup? No problem, we're just the tools to do it!!

riverman, e_blazer and PtldPlatypus like this.
  7. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

I can see Layman and Collins to share the 4 but also see Turner and Curry sharing to at the point. We can go small or big with that second unit.

Curry
    Turner
    Kanter
    Hood
    Layman
    Or
    Turner/Curry
    Hood
    Kanter
    Collins
    Layman

8. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Welp. Collins DNP.

Chris Craig likes this.
  9. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

Our bench got out score 48-28 last night that not good. But they was not all against the bench but our bench got tore up in that 1st half due to our defense was poor and the offensive was even poorer. Due to it was 1st game back from the all Star break I will give them break on the offensive but defense no break for that effort in the 1st half. Stotts need figure out with that unit if want's offense on that unit without no defense present or have at least some defense present in there like Collins along side Kanter and the others. Kanter was like the mantodor in bull fight saying o'lay in the middle.