Ricky Davis.. 6th Man of the Year?

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by AA13, Mar 17, 2005.

1. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

I can think of 3 occasions in which Ricky hit a game winner, but there's no way I'm going to research it. You guys are totally missing the point, so let me clarify it for you: THE AWARD GOES TO THE BEST SIXTH MAN NOT THE BEST CLUTCH SHOOTER.

Ricky is a better player is all aspects of the game. It's as simple as that.

2. QbanBalla15

QbanBalla15 JBB JustBBall Member

Whose made a huge difference on a team who didnt mater at the start of the season. Ricky is a good runner up but he hasnt made as big a difference as gordon off of the bench. Ben wallace more double digit pts. in the fourth quarter than any1 not even all you celtics hero mr. pierce or in this case ricky. Gordon wins games by himself ricky doesnt.

3. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Seriously, since when are NBA games one quarter long? Last time I checked, each game had 4 of them. If it wasn't for the first 3 quarters, then Ben (Wallace?)'s performances would mean nothing.

Sure, Ben has more double digit 4th quarters, but that's because he also takes more shots than anybody else in the 4th. He averages almost double the FGA as Ricky does in the 4th.

Anyways, it's all a non-issue since the award goes to the best 6th man and not the best clutch performer. You can't just ignore the first 3 quarters in a game. You also can't ignore that Ricky is a better scorer, rebounder, passer, and defensive player.

4. QbanBalla15

thats what gordon does he takes the big shots when there down in the 4th im not saying the 4th quarter is the only quarter but it is the most important

5. MiamiBalla12

MiamiBalla12 JBB Light-Skinned Assassin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting QbanBalla15:</div><div class="quote_post">I agre with MimaiBalla Gordon definately deserves this award more than davis. You can credit about 6 wins to Ben Gordon If not for him they wouldn't have come so far. Ricky is a great player but he takes way to many shots, and like miamiballa said he plays more than tony allen. Doc should just start ricky then.</div>

I want ben gordon to win the 6th man award too but the points u are making qbanballer15 make no sense u are basiclly make an argument for ricky davis to win it.

I think its basically a toss up between gordon and davis. gordon may have a slight advantage because the voters may feel bad having him finish 2nd in 2 awards.

6. heatfan

heatfan JBB JustBBall Member

7. CeltixQueen

CeltixQueen JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting michiganave17:</div><div class="quote_post">So if u have ricky davis and Ben gordan on ur team and there is 5 seconds left to win, who are u gonna draw a play up for? Ricky or Ben, and why?</div>

Ricky...I saw Ben make a game winning shot against the Knicks and that was great, but I also saw him miss a few crutuil shots against the Pacers last night, that they ended up losing-and that was not so great.. Hes a great player do not get me wrong-Ricky Davis and Ben Gordon are both dynamic offensive players. Players that can create their own shots and score at the time it's most difficult to score in the NBA. But Ricky is the leader of his team's second unit, Ben Gordon is not. Ricky has become the Celtics play maker, defensive stopper and with the game on the line in the fourth quarter. Just ask Allen Iverson, Gilbert Arenas, AND Ben Gordon's teammate Kirk Hinrich which Celtics played them the toughest.

8. CeltixQueen

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting QbanBalla15:</div><div class="quote_post">When has Davis made a game winner not to shoot down ur arguement im just curious</div>

Plenty of times, I honeslty can not remember tham. There is a commercial they play in Boston that shows one of them and I am not sure but I beleive that particular one was against Utah or Memphis.

9. CeltixQueen

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting QbanBalla15:</div><div class="quote_post">R u kidding me. All i asked was how many game winners davis made. By the way Pierce made a game winner vs. the best team in the east. I wasnt responding to you I was talking bout celtix queen. I would pick Ben without a doubt I don't care whos shooting% is better becasue half those shots are dunks and layups.</div>

That is simply because Davis is a little more difficult to defend than Gordon, his quickness and ability to maneuver around opponents is one of his many great qualities.

10. MiamiBalla12

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CeltixQueen:</div><div class="quote_post">Ricky...I saw Ben make a game winning shot against the Knicks and that was great, but I also saw him miss a few crutuil shots against the Pacers last night, that they ended up losing-and that was not so great.. Hes a great player do not get me wrong-Ricky Davis and Ben Gordon are both dynamic offensive players. Players that can create their own shots and score at the time it's most difficult to score in the NBA. But Ricky is the leader of his team's second unit, Ben Gordon is not. Ricky has become the Celtics play maker, defensive stopper and with the game on the line in the fourth quarter. Just ask Allen Iverson, Gilbert Arenas, AND Ben Gordon's teammate Kirk Hinrich which Celtics played them the toughest.</div>

what does playing better defense have to do with taking the final shot with 5 seconds left? The celtics would pick paul pierce to shoot the last shot of the game not davis. The bulls would chose ben gordon.

11. QbanBalla15

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting miamiballa12:</div><div class="quote_post">what does playing better defense have to do with taking the final shot with 5 seconds left? The celtics would pick paul pierce to shoot the last shot of the game not davis. The bulls would chose ben gordon.</div>

I agree great that they play a commercial against UTAH(they dont even count this year) Memphis is good but its still not like the pressure of hitting a game winner at the garden davis took those shots but pierce im sure the coaches would design the play for pierce not davis.

12. CeltixQueen

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting miamiballa12:</div><div class="quote_post">what does playing better defense have to do with taking the final shot with 5 seconds left? The celtics would pick paul pierce to shoot the last shot of the game not davis. The bulls would chose ben gordon.</div>

Well, being a sixth man isnt all about offense. And the Celtics do not always choose Pierce to shoot the last shot in a game, why don't you watch Celtic games before you say things you do not know.

13. CeltixQueen

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting QbanBalla15:</div><div class="quote_post">I agree great that they play a commercial against UTAH(they dont even count this year) Memphis is good but its still not like the pressure of hitting a game winner at the garden davis took those shots but pierce im sure the coaches would design the play for pierce not davis.</div>

You mean to tell me that the Jazz doesnt count this year but the Knicks do?? The Kicks finished last in their division. I remember Gordon's shot was against the Knicks AT HOME (not at the Garden)

14. QbanBalla15

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CeltixQueen:</div><div class="quote_post">You mean to tell me that the Jazz doesnt count this year but the Knicks do?? The Kicks finished last in their division. I remember Gordon's shot was against the Knicks AT HOME (not at the Garden)</div>

sorry i didnt know it was a home game still the knicks will beat the jazz any day. Still another win for the bulls because of Ben Gordon

15. MiamiBalla12

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CeltixQueen:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, being a sixth man isnt all about offense. And the Celtics do not always choose Pierce to shoot the last shot in a game, why don't you watch Celtic games before you say things you do not know.</div>

well u said you would rather take davis over gordon with 5 seconds left in the game with the ball. if u have the ball and theres 5 seconds left i dont see where u need to defend anyone. Also pierce may not take all the last shots but he takes most of them, and gordon takes all of them for his team.

16. Umer remU

Umer remU JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CeltixQueen:</div><div class="quote_post">The bulls should not be losing to the Bobcats anyways, try being a huge part in wins against top ranked teams such as Pheonix in Pheonix or Houston in Houston...</div>

bobcats swept houston in their 2 games this year, and they also beat miami, by the way ben did have a huge game against a conference leading heat, where he just exploded

17. Umer remU

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CeltixQueen:</div><div class="quote_post">Ricky...I saw Ben make a game winning shot against the Knicks and that was great, but I also saw him miss a few crutuil shots against the Pacers last night, that they ended up losing-and that was not so great.. Hes a great player do not get me wrong-Ricky Davis and Ben Gordon are both dynamic offensive players. Players that can create their own shots and score at the time it's most difficult to score in the NBA. But Ricky is the leader of his team's second unit, Ben Gordon is not. Ricky has become the Celtics play maker, defensive stopper and with the game on the line in the fourth quarter. Just ask Allen Iverson, Gilbert Arenas, AND Ben Gordon's teammate Kirk Hinrich which Celtics played them the toughest.</div>

the bulls dindt even try to win that game against the pacers, i mean the new guy playd like double digit minutes or close to it

18. CeltixQueen

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting miamiballa12:</div><div class="quote_post">well u said you would rather take davis over gordon with 5 seconds left in the game with the ball. if u have the ball and theres 5 seconds left i dont see where u need to defend anyone. Also pierce may not take all the last shots but he takes most of them, and gordon takes all of them for his team.</div>

True, I apologize for that. Just about all of Doc Rivers plays are fit for Davis or Pierce, he says that in all of his pres conferences. And not to take anything away from Pierce but he can be somewhat selfish at times and he insists on taking the last shot. And Pierce has been great, but Davis has a slight edge in field goal percentage. And if Gordon takes every last second shot, how come he wasn't even in the game at the end against the Pacers the other night. And are you going to tell me that he makes every one of those shots?

19. Umer remU

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CeltixQueen:</div><div class="quote_post">True, I apologize for that. Just about all of Doc Rivers plays are fit for Davis or Pierce, he says that in all of his pres conferences. And not to take anything away from Pierce but he can be somewhat selfish at times and he insists on taking the last shot. And Pierce has been great, but Davis has a slight edge in field goal percentage. And if Gordon takes every last second shot, how come he wasn't even in the game at the end against the Pacers the other night. And are you going to tell me that he makes every one of those shots?</div>

HELLO??? PACERS GAME didnt even count, bulls couldnt give a **** who won, we secured that 4th seed, and the 3rd best record in the east. just like the celtics, peirce and walker not playing in the forth quarter, BTW i dont ever remember gordan missing a shot in the final seconds of a game when we need a shot, and PLEASE try and name 2 game winners davis has hit this year, and then name 6 game winners in his career, ben only had one year to his career and has 6 game winnner!!! BEOTCH!!!

20. CeltixQueen

No need to get so deffensive... I only became a Celtic fan this year, so I do not know about Davis's career as a Cav or Hornet, I don't even know how he preformed as a Celtic last year after beeing traded here. I believe Memphis, Golden State and Milwaukee were three games he had the last shot... He has made plenty of them. I was at a Washington game about a month ago, and the Celts were down by 2 with seconds left, and Davis drove to the hoop and got the basket and a foul, and his free throw gave them the lead, and they were able to hold onto it. Its obviously important for someone to make a game winning shot, but I am more intrested in what they do throughout the entire game.