Right Decision: Durant ROY

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Shard, May 2, 2008.

1. Shard

Shard Hi2u

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>In the end, the rookie of the year debate wasn't much of a debate at all.

Buoyed by gaudy scoring statistics, Kevin Durant overcame his team's dismal record and a pedestrian class of first-year players to become the first Sonics player to win the award.

The 19-year-old shooting guard collected the Eddie Gottlieb Trophy this morning at a news conference at T-Mobile's headquarters in Bellevue.</div>

Source

All you Al Horford supporters including his coach, SUCK IT. JK, but seriously, Durant deserved it.

2. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shard @ May 2 2008, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>In the end, the rookie of the year debate wasn't much of a debate at all.

Buoyed by gaudy scoring statistics, Kevin Durant overcame his team's dismal record and a pedestrian class of first-year players to become the first Sonics player to win the award.

The 19-year-old shooting guard collected the Eddie Gottlieb Trophy this morning at a news conference at T-Mobile's headquarters in Bellevue.</div>

Source

All you Al Horford supporters including his coach, SUCK IT. JK, but seriously, Durant deserved it.
    </div>
    100% agreed

3. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

Durant did well despite the fact his GM was purposely building a team to lose a lot of games

4. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

That doesn't happen in professional sports. I am appalled at your assertion. [​IMG]

5. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

Speaking of that, is anyone else still a huge fan of Sam Presti?

I still make the ascertion that he has truly made only two good moves. Signing and trading Sweet Lew for a trade exception that turned into three first round picks and a rental of Kurt Thomas and Francisco Elson. Something tells me that we could have gotten more than Jeff Green, Donyell Marshall, Adrian Griffin, and Ira Newble for a Ray Allen who just had his career high average in almost every major statistical category the previous year. Something tells me that we will not get a better second round draft pick than Carl Landry in the upcoming drafts. Something also tells me that P.J. Carlisemo is not the best coaching candidate that we hired last year.

I do like the Troy Weaver hiring. But considering that the obvious rookie of the year fell into our laps at #2 it doesn't seem that Presti knows how to do anything except reduce our payroll -- which I certainly give him credit for. However cap space has never won any games and considering we had a franchise worst 20 wins this season I still believe the jury is very much out on the wonderkid.

6. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

Presti did what he was told to do and that was make the team unattractive to Seattle fans, yet have some pieces for the fans in OK City.

That's all I can judge him on