Forum Game Rip City Two 2019 Mock Off Season - Team Decisions

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by hoopsjock, May 29, 2019.

1. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    This thread is dedicated to all the decisions you'll have to make regarding roster moves prior to free agency.

For each team I will be making a post concerning decisions you have to make prior to free agency. These decisions include team options to pick up or decline, qualifying offers to extend to restricted free agents or to let them become unrestricted free agents, whether to renounce cap holds on free agents or keep their hold so you can keep their bird rights and go over the cap to sign them, and whether to guarantee certain players contracts or let them go.

For those with player options, I will wait a little bit to see if they make their decision in real life. At some point I will have a unbiased panel vote on whether or not they think those that have not made a decision would opt in or out.

Keep in mind you don't have to renounce any of your free agents yet. It really doesn't matter unless you need the cap space during free agency. For the sake of limiting the amount of work I have to do if there are free agents you know for sure you don't want to keep please just renounce them.

Spreadsheet link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1N_DJFrHQhQmv0yJqQlFe76VUOgIX6xGc?usp=sharing

Note: Since we are doing this before the real events a lot of the dates of decisions have been altered to make more sense for the game.

Edit: Some players I am having to guess off of memory whether your team has Full, Early, or No Bird Rights on free agents. If you believe I got one on your team wrong please let me know. Also if you edit your original response please note that you did so (and date it) so there is no questions about whether the edit was legit.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Dougnsalem likes this.
  2. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    So this is what each team's decisions will look like (I'm using the Memphis Grizzlies to show you). Keep in mind that during the off season you can carry up to 20 players on your roster but once the season starts you can only have 15 players, so you don't want to guarantee 18 players otherwise you'll have some major dead cap:

Memphis Grizzlies (@hoopsjock)

Player Option Decisions:
    Jonas Valanciunas: $17,617,976 (Has not decided yet)
    CJ Miles: $8,730,158 (Opted In)

Team Option Decisions:
    None
    For your team you have to let me know whether to accept or decline any players that are listed here.

Non/Partial Guarantee Decisions:
    Avery Bradley: $12,960,000 (If waived by free agency he counts $2,000,000 against the cap)
    Bruno Caboclo: $1,845,301 (If waived by free agency he counts $0 against the cap, if still on the team $300,000 of his contract becomes guaranteed, contract becomes fully guaranteed on 1/20/20)
    Ryan Anderson: $21,264,635 (If waived by free agency he counts $15,643,750 against the cap)

Qualifying Offers (This is NOT their cap hold number but is an amount you have to offer your free agents that qualify in order to make them restricted free agents, if you decline to offer them a qualifying offer they will become unrestricted free agents. This also isn't the amount they will sign for unless that is negotiated during free agency. This offer is simply to retain their restricted rights. Unless the player accepts his qualifying offer you can rescind it at any time):
    Tyler Dorsey: QO $1,818,486 Extend Offer Yes or No?
    Delon Wright: QO $3,635,375 Extend Offer Yes or No?

Unrestricted Free Agents (These players have a hold against your cap until you sign them or renounce them as free agents. If you renounce them you lose the ability to go over the salary cap to sign them if you have that right. You don't have to renounce players until you need the money. For example, if Chris Paul is your free agent with a $30 million cap hold that counts against your salary, but you don't want to renounce him before seeing if you sign someone else first. If you choose to keep their cap hold I will get you that exact amount but it's a waste of time to do that for those being renounced):
    Joakim Noah: Non Bird Renounce or Hold?
    Justin Holiday: Early Bird Renounce or Hold?
    Tyler Zeller: Non Bird Renounce or Hold?

Unless your team says otherwise, all 1st round picks will be signed for their rookie scale amount. 2nd round picks do not have a hold against your cap so you can wait to sign them if you are trying to maximize cap room or sign them right away if not. You can also choose to stash certain players as well. There are however minimum roster requirements so if you only have 9 players on your roster there are cap holds for 3 spots.

2-Way Players:
    For my sanity I have chosen to just ignore this option. If you have a 2-way player you wish to retain on your actual roster next season please let me know in your decision response.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Dougnsalem likes this.
  3. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Each team will reply to their team's post with the decisions. This doesn't have to be immediate unless you have time sensitive decisions.

Player Option Decisions:
    Jonas Valanciunas: $17,617,976 (Has not decided yet)
    CJ Miles: $8,730,158 (Opted In)

Team Option Decisions:
    None

Avery Bradley: $12,960,000 (If waived by free agency he counts $2,000,000 against the cap) Waiting
    Bruno Caboclo: $1,845,301 (If waived by free agency he counts $0 against the cap, if still on the team $300,000 of his contract becomes guaranteed, contract becomes fully guaranteed on 1/20/20) Released
    Ryan Anderson: $21,264,635 (If waived by free agency he counts $15,643,750 against the cap) Waiting

Qualifying Offers:
    Tyler Dorsey: QO $1,818,486 Extend Offer Yes
    Delon Wright: QO $3,635,375 Extend Offer Yes

Unrestricted Free Agents:
    Joakim Noah: Non Bird Renounce
    Justin Holiday: Early Bird Hold
    Tyler Zeller: Non Bird Renounce

BonesJones likes this.
  4. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

New Orleans Pelicans:

Player Option Decisions:

Julius Randle - $9,073,050 - Opted Out

Team Option Decisions:

Jahlil Okafor - $1,702,486 - taking option

Non/Partial Guarantees:

Dairis Bertans- $1,416,852 - yes

Frank Jackson - $1,618,520 - No

Kenrich Williams- $1,416,852 - released

Christian Wood- $1,645,357 - released

Qualifying Offers:

Cheik Diallo - QO $1,931,189 - Extend Offer - Yes

Stanley Johnson - $4,485,665 Extend Offer- No

Ian Clark - Renounce

Darius Miller - Renounce

Elfrid Payton - Renounce

5. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Indiana Pacers (@GDiama)

Player Option:
    None

Team Option:
    Edmond Summer $ 1588,231 Waiting

Alize Johnson: $1,416,852 ($761,536 guaranteed, fully if not waived by start of free agency) Waiting

Qualifying Offers:
    Davon Reed: No

Thaddeus Young: Bird Hold
    Cory Joseph: Bird Hold
    Tyreke Evans: Non-Bird Renounce
    Bojan Bogdanovic: Early Bird Hold
    Darren Collison: Early Bird Hold
    Kyle O'Quinn: Non-Bird Renounce
    Wesley Matthews: Non-Bird Renounce

6. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

Brooklyn Nets

Player option:
    None

Team Option:
    Shabazz Napier $ 1,845,301.00 YES
    TraVeon Graham $ 1,645,357.00 YES

Nonpartial/non guaranteed:
    None (not sure tho)

Qualifying offer
    Theo Pinson NO
    Rondas Hollis-Jefferson $ 3,594,369.00 YES
    D’Angelo Russell $ 9,160,706.00 YES

Unrestricted Free agents:
    Demarre Carroll RENOUNCE
    Ed Davis RENOUNCE
    Jared Dudley RENOUNCE

7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Houston Rockets

Player Option:

Nene Hilario $3,825,360 Has not yet decided

Team Option:

None

Non Guaranteed:

Gary Clark
    $1,416,852 - No

Qualifying Offer:

Chris Chiozza $1,643,842 - Extend Offer - No

Danuel House Jr - $1,876,700 - Extend offer- yes

Gerald Green -
    Renounce

Austin Rivers -
    Renounce

Kenneth Faried -
    Renounce

Iman Shumpert -
    Hold

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  8. Titan

Titan Well-Known Member

Orlando Magic

Player option:
    None

Team Option:
    Wesley Iwundu $1.378,242.00 Yes

Non partial/non guaranteed:
    Michael Frazier $1,416,852.00 Yes (through trade)

Qualifying offer:
    Khem Birch $1,818,486.00 Yes
    Jerian Grant $3,763,662.00 Yes
    Jarell Martin $3,549,430.00 Yes

Unrestricted Free agents:

Terrence Ross Hold
    Nikola Vucevic Hold

Michael Carter-Williams - Not sure what I can do with him?

9. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett Exactly right.

Too much math.
    I want Dame, CJ, NURK, Leonard, Simons and Vanderpool and Tibbetts back.
    Hood would be my pick of the group he's in but I love Enes Kanter.
    Other than that I do believe Stotts. has the stability now to be more assertive in ways I cannot explain, just a hunch.

10. SwissBlazer

SwissBlazer Well-Known Member

So the fact that D.Powell declined his player option irl means he declined here too?

11. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Yes

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  12. SwissBlazer

13. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    OK, I am guaranteeing contracts of Favors and Niang. Will not be picking up JR Smith contract for 2019-2020. What are the implications of making or not making a qualifying offer to Nwaba?

14. Chris Craig

If you make the QO he becomes a restricted free agent and you can match any teams offer to resign him.

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  15. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Boston Celtics @JDC

Player Option Decisions:
    Aron Baynes Opted In
    Kyrie Irving Opted Out
    Al Horford Opted Out

Team Option Decisions:
    None

Semi Ojeleye $1,618,520 (Guarantee for 2019-20 or release for $0 against cap)

Qualifying Offers (This is NOT their cap hold number but is an amount you have to offer your free agents that qualify in order to make them restricted free agents, if you decline to offer them a qualifying offer they will become unrestricted free agents. This also isn't the amount they will sign for unless that is negotiated during free agency. This offer is simply to retain their restricted rights. Unless the player accepts his qualifying offer you can rescind it at any time):
    Jonathan Gibson $ 1,876,700 Extend Offer Yes or No?
    Terry Rozier $ 4,285,798 Extend Offer Yes or No?
    Daniel Theis $ 1,818,486 Extend Offer Yes or No?
    Brad Wanamaker $ 1,643,842 Extend Offer Yes or No?

Unrestricted Free Agents (These players have a hold against your cap until you sign them or renounce them as free agents. If you renounce them you lose the ability to go over the salary cap to sign them if you have that right. You don't have to renounce players until you need the money. For example, if Chris Paul is your free agent with a $30 million cap hold that counts against your salary, but you don't want to renounce him before seeing if you sign someone else first. If you choose to keep their cap hold I will get you that exact amount but it's a waste of time to do that for those being renounced):
    Kyrie Irving Renounce or Hold?
    Marcus Morris Renounce or Hold?

Unless your team says otherwise, all 1st round picks will be signed for their rookie scale amount. 2nd round picks do not have a hold against your cap so you can wait to sign them if you are trying to maximize cap room or sign them right away if not. You can also choose to stash certain players as well. There are however minimum roster requirements so if you only have 9 players on your roster there are cap holds for 3 spots.

2-Way Players:For my sanity I have chosen to just ignore this option. If you have a 2-way player you wish to retain on your actual roster next season please let me know in your decision response.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  16. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Charlotte Hornets @joeBlazers

Player Option Decisions:
    Michael Kidd Gilchrist Opted In
    Marvin Williams Opted In

Team Option Decisions:
    Tony Parker Retired

Dwayne Bacon $ 1,618,520 (Guarantee or waive for $0 against cap)

Frank Kaminsky $ 4,485,665 Extend Offer Yes or No?

Jeremy Lamb Renounce or Hold?
    Shelvin Mack Renounce or Hold?
    Kemba Walker Renounce or Hold?

2-Way Players:For my sanity I have chosen to just ignore this option. If you have a 2-way player you wish to retain on your actual roster next season please let me know in your decision response.

17. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Chicago Bulls @GhostOfPGA

Player Option Decisions:
    None

Team Option Decisions:
    None

Walt Lemon Jr $ 1,588,231 (Guarantee or waive for $0 towards cap)
    Shaquille Harrison 1,588,231 (Guarantee or waive for $0 towards cap)

Wayne Seldon $1,931,189 Extend Offer Yes or No?
    Ryan Arcidiacono $ 1,818,486 Extend Offer Yes or No?

Robin Lopez Renounce or Hold?
    Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot Renounce or Hold?

18. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    The Memphis Grizzlies would like to extend a thank you to Jonas Valanciunas for opting out and greatly improving our cap situation this summer!

19. SwissBlazer

Is this thing still ON?

Orion Bailey likes this.
  20. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Capture+_2019-06-22-08-37-28.png