Rockets Adding Lonny Baxter And Dion Glover

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by YAODADDY, Aug 29, 2005.

1. YAODADDY

YAODADDY JBB JustBBall Member

And dropping CHARLIE WARD and MOOCHIE NORRIS soon, says my INSIDE SOURCES. Wow what a major upgrade we have now.

ROCKETS 2005 - 2006 Champions! [​IMG]

Startinging line up

Derek Anderson
    Bob Sura
    T-Mac
    Stromile Swift
    Yao Ming

Bench

Mike James
    David Wesly
    Jon Barry
    Juwan Howard
    Deke Mutombo

Reserves

Luther Head
    Dion Glover
    Lonny Baxter
    Ryan Bowen
    Vin Baker ( soon gonna be throwing away this trash )

Even our reserves look promising... this team is going to be Insane... [​IMG]

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Why would they drop Moochie Norris, he still has two years left on his contract?

Adding Baxter is a solid addition, I'm not sure what Dion Glover is going to do for the team though.

3. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Who would your sources be? I don't know why the team would waive two players with two years left on their contracts, and have their contracts still counting against the salary cap for the next two seasons. I'll believe this when I see it.

4. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

i see them dropping ward and signing baxter

5. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

Yea man, what are your inside sources? Dont keep secrets man, we all going for the same team here.

Maybe Moochie will stick around as the Official Rockets hype man! I love the way Moochie gets in the center of the Rockets huddle and hypes up the team.

6. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Signing Baxter maybe, but Glover is stretching it. We're stocked with so many guards and even if we drop Norris or Ward, it wouldn't be helping the cause. Most likely Head will be getting the minutes behind Sura and James, so I see no need in signing Glover. Whats the purpose? To fill roster space and warm the bench?

7. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

i wont believe this till I see it as well...those two contracts are still valuable as trade assets...i have heard nothing of the Rockets making such moves...

8. TmacGarnett

can anyone tell me baxter's hieght and ppg in summer league.

I don't know if you guys realized but if we add baxter to our team we have another forward to back tmac and maybe a 4 to back howard. This would lead to a trade asset named vin baker since hes also an expiring contract (correct me on this if im wrong). I would drop ward and free up baxter's spot.

This would lead to subtracting 1 more gaurd and adding a legitamate back up for tmac

I do realize that ward has 2 years left and it would be stupid but hes taking up space on the roster and i see no reason for him to be on the team even to mentor head because we have a fast break expert in james,premeter defense as a undersized gaurd in wesley, and passing from jon barry. Hes got enough mentors plus he has his running buddy in tmac.

Some1 plzz give me a reason to keep ward besides financial reasons b/c were paying this guy for absolutley nothing.

DION GLOVER AVG 10.1 pts in a season with atlanta

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dion_glover/

<font color="red">Please use the 'edit' feature when adding on to a post. Thanks!~Trip</font>

9. TmacGarnett

10. ownage

ownage JBB JustBBall Member

without a source, it just another rumor.....

need source please....

it would be great additions, btw.

11. Adrenaline

Adrenaline JBB JustBBall Member

I don't know about ya'll but, I'm ready for some Basketball.

12. moeinhouston

moeinhouston JBB JustBBall Member

I've been hoping for this since the end of the summer league. It would be a major upgrade. Release two players with declining skills for two players trying to reach their potential. I've been hoping they get a chance to make the team in the preseason. Baxter could really compete with Howard as the backup 4. Baxter is 6'8" but could be that rebounding physical beast along side Yao. Glover is 6'5" but big and athletic enough to be that backup or 3rd man at small forward. I would love to see the Rockets do that, put the best players they have out on the court at begining of the season.
    I have feeling that nobody is gonna try to help the Rockets with any kind of trade that they can benefit from. Definitly wont be anybody from the West helping us.

13. blueracer

blueracer JBB JustBBall Member

Moochie has 2 years left on his contract but after the 05-06 season it will be a "team option" for the last year so it is not guaranteed. For Ward's case he has also 2 years left on his contract but would be available for a buyout following the 05-06 season. Right now it's hard to believe if the rumor is true. The only thing I see is for the Rockets adding one more piece but someone has to get waived or traded. Moochie, Ward, Baker and Wesley have trade value because of their expiring contracts.

14. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Signing Baxter maybe, but Glover is stretching it. We're stocked with so many guards and even if we drop Norris or Ward, it wouldn't be helping the cause. Most likely Head will be getting the minutes behind Sura and James, so I see no need in signing Glover. Whats the purpose? To fill roster space and warm the bench?</div>
    I think Glover is just insurance if either one of our guards or forwards goes down with an injury. He's 6'5, and plays three positions. From what I've heard, he can get to the basket at will too. I like it!

15. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">can anyone tell me baxter's hieght and ppg in summer league.

I don't know if you guys realized but if we add baxter to our team we have another forward to back tmac and maybe a 4 to back howard. This would lead to a trade asset named vin baker since hes also an expiring contract (correct me on this if im wrong). I would drop ward and free up baxter's spot.

This would lead to subtracting 1 more gaurd and adding a legitamate back up for tmac

I do realize that ward has 2 years left and it would be stupid but hes taking up space on the roster and i see no reason for him to be on the team even to mentor head because we have a fast break expert in james,premeter defense as a undersized gaurd in wesley, and passing from jon barry. Hes got enough mentors plus he has his running buddy in tmac.

Some1 plzz give me a reason to keep ward besides financial reasons b/c were paying this guy for absolutley nothing.

DION GLOVER AVG 10.1 pts in a season with atlanta

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dion_glover/

<font color="red">Please use the 'edit' feature when adding on to a post. Thanks!~Trip</font></div>
    If we waive Ward, we'd be paying him the same amount of money and he's not even obliged to put on an uniform. We won't be able to trade him either. Why not have him on the roster?

16. StrowShow281

StrowShow281 JBB Banned Member

Yes i heard about the addition of adding Lonny Baxter and Dion glover to our team on 610 sports radio the other day and it is still in the works right now. They even mention this on the espn rumors and it will happen. The Houston Rockets are going to be tough to defeat. San Antonio, you have a problem.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">If we waive Ward, we'd be paying him the same amount of money and he's not even obliged to put on an uniform. We won't be able to trade him either. Why not have him on the roster?</div>

Cause he is sorry and old and useless. We don't need Ward we might as well buy out his contract if the thing doesnt go down, cause he is taking up space just like Weatherspoon last year, sitting and watching games for free and still getting paid. I don't think so man, Rockets are going to look for more options and add even more depth that fits our team. Can't wait till the season starts.

<font color="red">Please use the 'edit' feature in the future. Thanks.~Trip</font>

17. StrowShow281

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">If we waive Ward, we'd be paying him the same amount of money and he's not even obliged to put on an uniform. We won't be able to trade him either. Why not have him on the roster?</div>

Cause he is sorry and old and useless. We don't need Ward we might as well buy out his contract if the thing doesnt go down, cause he is taking up space just like Weatherspoon last year, sitting and watching games for free and still getting paid. I don't think so man, Rockets are going to look for more options and add even more depth that fits our team. Can't wait till the season starts.

18. Trip

Student
    Ward's contract isn't available for buyout yet. If we want to get rid of him now, we would have to release him. He won't have any ties with us but he will still be getting paid every cent he signed for and instead of having to practise and watch the team play, he could sleep at home all day and nothing would stop him from doing so. If we hold on to his contract for one more year, he'd be much more attractive as trade bait due to an expiring contract.

19. TmacGarnett

i understand taht trip but if you were the general manager of the rockets and you had the choice of rewarding a potential key bench guy with a roster spot that could put you over the top but the only thing stopping him is some1 who is useless but b/c of his contract we cant do anything about it

would u release him to make room for baxter
    or keep ward just to save some money (the free agent class next year is very slim of our needs of a younger 2 gaurd or PG)

srry for being kind of biased towards adding baxter

20. StrowShow281

WARD SUCKS! get rid of him! bring some youth and athlethic guys in like glover who is 24 and still getting better.

I hope the Rockets do something before the season starts.

<font color="red">Once again, please use the 'edit' feature.~Trip</font>