Rockets Adding Lonny Baxter And Dion Glover

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by YAODADDY, Aug 29, 2005.

1. StrowShow281

StrowShow281 JBB Banned Member

I hope the Rockets do something before the season starts.

2. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">i understand taht trip but if you were the general manager of the rockets and you had the choice of rewarding a potential key bench guy with a roster spot that could put you over the top but the only thing stopping him is some1 who is useless but b/c of his contract we cant do anything about it

would u release him to make room for baxter
    or keep ward just to save some money (the free agent class next year is very slim of our needs of a younger 2 gaurd or PG)

srry for being kind of biased towards adding baxter</div>
    Trip has a point............Even though he is garbage, we all know that, we could hold on to his contract to get somebody much better. The same goes for Baker and Moochie. Either way, we don't even have to play them.

3. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">WARD SUCKS! get rid of him! bring some youth and athlethic guys in like glover who is 24 and still getting better.</div>
    Dion Glover is junk. I don't know why everyone here is overrating him. I'm so sick of this. What, because of that summer league stats you all are going to think he's actually a good NBA player? He's not an efficient player at all and has been inconsistent from year to year. If we really want to trade our contracts, I believe we can do a lot better than Glover. Expiring contracts can be traded for players many notches above Glover. What difference would Glover make? He wouldn't really be helping the glut of guards that we have, doesn't make an impact since he'll be playing reserve, and wouldn't be any different from Ward or Norris. At least get someone that is an upgrade over Wesley. Baxter is one thing, but Glover? With Baxter we get a consistent player that is efficient. And the part about Dion getting better- he's had like six years to get better. The first three seasons is where players usually develop the fastest, and Glovers already twenty four without too much potential.

4. ownage

ownage JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Trip has a point............Even though he is garbage, we all know that, we could hold on to his contract to get somebody much better. The same goes for Baker and Moochie. Either way, we don't even have to play them.</div>

i dont think much teams will want Moochie Norris...

5. PlaTsanity

PlaTsanity JBB JustBBall Member

I dont know guys
    When i saw Glover play with the Hawks and the Raptors
    i really liked him
    he's a medicore player and can put up good numbers from the bench

6. StrowShow281

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Dion Glover is junk. I don't know why everyone here is overrating him. I'm so sick of this. What, because of that summer league stats you all are going to think he's actually a good NBA player? He's not an efficient player at all and has been inconsistent from year to year. If we really want to trade our contracts, I believe we can do a lot better than Glover. Expiring contracts can be traded for players many notches above Glover. What difference would Glover make? He wouldn't really be helping the glut of guards that we have, doesn't make an impact since he'll be playing reserve, and wouldn't be any different from Ward or Norris. At least get someone that is an upgrade over Wesley. Baxter is one thing, but Glover? With Baxter we get a consistent player that is efficient. And the part about Dion getting better- he's had like six years to get better. The first three seasons is where players usually develop the fastest, and Glovers already twenty four without too much potential.</div>

TELL me who in the world is out there that is better then Dion glover and that is a good pick up and that "are many notches" above GLOVER????????... <font color="red">personal attacks will not be tolerated</font> Have you even seen this guy played? I have been watching him since he enter the league man and has a major potential becoming a good NBA player. I bet you haven't even seen this guy play man, so don't talk kid. DION GLOVER is a way better play then Ward right now, hands down man. Ward is not the Charlie ward 5 years ago and has nothing left but dead legs and an unathlethic body and can't even catch up with other guards on the different teams man.

7. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting StrowShow281:</div><div class="quote_post">TELL me who in the world is out there that is better then Dion glover and that is a good pick up and that "are many notches" above GLOVER????????... come on and tell me u azn baller? i bet you can't even hoop your self man. Have you even seen this guy played? I have been watching him since he enter the league man and has a major potential becoming a good NBA player. I bet you haven't even seen this guy play man, so don't talk kid. DION GLOVER is a way better play then Ward right now, hands down man. Ward is not the Charlie ward 5 years ago and has nothing left but dead legs and an unathlethic body and can't even catch up with other guards on the different teams man.</div>

wow pretty harsh. FOR ALL YOU GLOVER FANS srry hes not getting a contract. IF anyone from summer league gets a contract
    its baxter and the chances of that r low

8. magnetik

magnetik JBB JustBBall Member

Can someone answer me something that's been going through my mind... I know that Baxter and Glover have been tearing it up in summer leagues.. but is that saying much? Haven't these guys been in the nba before and didn't do much? Why all this hype now? Is there something else I don't know?

9. bplld

bplld JBB JustBBall Member

^No, it doesnt say much, baxter has always been good in summer leagues and i dont know much about glover. We really dont need either of these guys. Glover is a gaurd, and we already have like 8 of those under contract and they all deserve playing time. There are already 4 guys who play the PF spot, and baxter wouldnt really see minutes there. I doubt he can be effective anyways in a few minutes playing time. Seemed like he was the number 1 option in the summer league. Even if we can use these guys, they arent going anywhere, we can probably pick them up in the middle of the season.

10. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Glover has won Summer League MVPs before, and has done well in almost every summer league he's played in. I don't know why we should get so worked up over his performance this summer as he's followed up every summer of brilliance with mediocricity. He is not a player who will hit a high percentage of his shots, and is nothing special on defense. In the half a season where he averaged 10.1 points per game with the Hawks, he took more than 9 shots a game. Is that a sign of anyone who has a lot of "potential"? The guy will be 27 by the end of the year, supposedly entering his peak, yet he couldn't even find consistent minutes with one team. Why get so worked up over the truth? See past the summer, Stroshow.

11. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

baxter can also play the 3 gaurd which will give him decent amount of time since the only compitition he has is ryan bowen or maybe barry

12. moeinhouston

moeinhouston JBB JustBBall Member

Nobody is saying these guys are starters or go to guys. I'm saying they are an upgrade to the guys we will have rotting on the bench. Even if its just giving more energy and challenging guys in practice, it would be an improvement to the roster. Doing good in the summer league isnt worthy of a starting job of course, but many players in the summer league are going to get minutes in the NBA and didnt have the stats Glover and Baxter did. Preseason will be a good time to see what they are worth.

13. StrowShow281

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">Glover has won Summer League MVPs before, and has done well in almost every summer league he's played in. I don't know why we should get so worked up over his performance this summer as he's followed up every summer of brilliance with mediocricity. He is not a player who will hit a high percentage of his shots, and is nothing special on defense. In the half a season where he averaged 10.1 points per game with the Hawks, he took more than 9 shots a game. Is that a sign of anyone who has a lot of "potential"? The guy will be 27 by the end of the year, supposedly entering his peak, yet he couldn't even find consistent minutes with one team. Why get so worked up over the truth? See past the summer, Stroshow.</div>

Yo trip, just watch and you will see. This cat does has potential even though he did not have consistent mins. I see his game getting better, watching him play in the summer league proves it, even though he was playing with bunch of scrubs but still. That kid avg 20 points a game in the summer league and no one couldn't stop this kid. Plus I would put Dion Glover over Ward on our roster any day cause he can play the 2 and the 3. I'm not saying he is so good that he can start, what I'm saying is that he can be our other lethal weapon off the bench including the rest of the crew. He's 6'5 man and when playing with Van gundy can make him even a better defender and a player. Think about it man. Ward? please I got more game then this kid.

14. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    TELL me who in the world is out there that is better then Dion glover and that is a good pick up and that "are many notches" above GLOVER????????... personal attacks will not be tolerated Have you even seen this guy played? I have been watching him since he enter the league man and has a major potential becoming a good NBA player. I bet you haven't even seen this guy play man, so don't talk kid. DION GLOVER is a way better play then Ward right now, hands down man. Ward is not the Charlie ward 5 years ago and has nothing left but dead legs and an unathlethic body and can't even catch up with other guards on the different teams man.</div>
    Chill for a second here. For one, we can couple in our expiring contracts with someone like Wesley and trade them for a quality player thats basically guaranteed to be better than David. Major potential? I bet half of it is gone since he's already twenty four now and his rapid development period is all but over. Who cares if I haven't seen him play, I'm looking at the cold hard stats here. He's been given decent minutes for the first five years of his career and has been shooting horrible percentages. Of course he's better than a thirty five year old Ward, but Ward's contract is much more valuable than Glover.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Yo trip, just watch and you will see. This cat does has potential even though he did not have consistent mins. I see his game getting better, watching him play in the summer league proves it, even though he was playing with bunch of scrubs but still. That kid avg 20 points a game in the summer league and no one couldn't stop this kid. Plus I would put Dion Glover over Ward on our roster any day cause he can play the 2 and the 3. I'm not saying he is so good that he can start, what I'm saying is that he can be our other lethal weapon off the bench including the rest of the crew. He's 6'5 man and when playing with Van gundy can make him even a better defender and a player. Think about it man. Ward? please I got more game then this kid.</div>
    Consistent minutes? He got at least twenty minutes per game for three out of his six seasons. Meanwhile, his first two weren't that bad, average for a young player who hasn't found his feel for the league yet. He's won Summer League MVP a couple of times already, I don't see this any differently. I just think you're weighing in the Summer League play too much. Its against scrubs that couldn't find success in the NBA. How is he ever going to find minutes with McGrady, Andersen, Wesley, and Barry ahead of him for the two and three spot?

15. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

just because u cut players or waive them does not allow you to free yourselves of their contract....you still gotta pay...all it does is free a roster slot...so to add baxter or glover, we'd have to sign them...and with what money are we going to do that?...we have NO more money left, meaning the only way we can acquire somebody is through trade, an since baxter nor glover is on a team, there is no way they sign with us...

16. StrowShow281

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Chill for a second here. For one, we can couple in our expiring contracts with someone like Wesley and trade them for a quality player thats basically guaranteed to be better than David. Major potential? I bet half of it is gone since he's already twenty four now and his rapid development period is all but over. Who cares if I haven't seen him play, I'm looking at the cold hard stats here. He's been given decent minutes for the first five years of his career and has been shooting horrible percentages. Of course he's better than a thirty five year old Ward, but Ward's contract is much more valuable than Glover. </div>

Tell me who is out there that is a good pick up? No One.... So quit dreaming. Even next year we wouldnt have anybody good to pick up.

17. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Tell me who is out there that is a good pick up? No One.... So quit dreaming. Even next year we wouldnt have anybody good to pick up.</div>
    Check out the 2006 Free Agents List. There's at least ten quality players out there next offseason that we can get if we just wait out our expiring contracts. Al Harrington and Matt Harpring are two picks that are well within our range and can help us out. Wesley, Barry, and Bakers contracts will all be up.

18. StrowShow281

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Check out the 2006 Free Agents List. There's at least ten quality players out there next offseason that we can get if we just wait out our expiring contracts. Al Harrington and Matt Harpring are two picks that are well within our range and can help us out. Wesley, Barry, and Bakers contracts will all be up.</div>

You really think the Rockets can pull one of those type of caliber players like Al Harrington or Matt Harpring for our Wesly and Moochie/Ward/Baker? I think not brother. Probbaly Mike James and Wesly or Sura and Wesly and add a scrub like Moochie/ward/baker.

19. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

You really think the Rockets can pull one of those type of caliber players like Al Harrington or Matt Harpring for our Wesly and Moochie/Ward/Baker? I think not brother. Probbaly Mike James and Wesly or Sura and Wesly and add a scrub like Moochie/ward/baker.</div>
    Its not a trade. Baker, Wesley, and Barry's contracts are all up so we would have the cap room to do it. Harrington's an unrestricted agent next offseason and his contract right now is pretty much equal to Wesley's and Baker's put together. And I think Harpring's well within reach. He's getting older so not as much teams will be throwing money at him and on top of that, isn't really an elite player or a second tier one at best. We sign them, that's kind of what you do with free agents...

20. StrowShow281

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Its not a trade. Baker, Wesley, and Barry's contracts are all up so we would have the cap room to do it. Harrington's an unrestricted agent next offseason and his contract right now is pretty much equal to Wesley's and Baker's put together. And I think Harpring's well within reach. He's getting older so not as much teams will be throwing money at him and on top of that, isn't really an elite player or a second tier one at best. We sign them, that's kind of what you do with free agents...</div>

oh word up cuz