Rockets Adding Lonny Baxter And Dion Glover

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by YAODADDY, Aug 29, 2005.

1. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

I too think the baxter signing was predictable...i never thought we'd sign glover...the rockets were a whole lot enamored with baxter than they were with dion...

2. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

we weren't going to sign glover bnecuase hes a gaurd and as we all know we have to many

as for the trimming of the roster, its been heard that they are looking at possible trades before waiving anyone

this would seem logical since they would waive either moochie or ward and that would hurt the rockets financially since they have multi-years on their contracts

3. TMAC_713

TMAC_713 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">we weren't going to sign glover bnecuase hes a gaurd and as we all know we have to many

as for the trimming of the roster, its been heard that they are looking at possible trades before waiving anyone

this would seem logical since they would waive either moochie or ward and that would hurt the rockets financially since they have multi-years on their contracts</div>

I wouldn't mind getting glover since wesly is about to get traded, and I think glover might be even do better defensive wise since he is much taller. I also is a Legit scorer and can slash inside.

4. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    How is Wesley about to be traded? As of now, he's still the Rockets' starting shooting guard. Defensively, Wesley is actually one of the best inch-for-inch defenders in the league. Height doesn't mean a thing. If it did, then Yao Ming would have been All-Defensive Team material. Sadly, that is not the case.

5. TMAC_713

TMAC_713 JBB JustBBall Member

I heard that we are bout to do a sign and trade including wesly and one of those 3 scrubs on our roster. and HELL NO wesly aint one of the best inch for inch defenders in the league. You gotta be kidding me, if so thats why that sorry kid couldnt hang with Jason terry or even josh howard and u are telling me he is one of the best? <strike>You must be out of your mind kid.</strike> Wesly is like 67 years old man and he cant even guard me if i was playing.

<font color="red">Personal attacks will not be tolerated. ~Trip</font>

6. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMAC_713:</div><div class="quote_post">I heard that we are bout to do a sign and trade including wesly and one of those 3 scrubs on our roster. and HELL NO wesly aint one of the best inch for inch defenders in the league. You gotta be kidding me, if so thats why that sorry kid couldnt hang with Jason terry or even josh howard and u are telling me he is one of the best? You must be out of your mind kid. Wesly is like 67 years old man and he cant even guard me if i was playing.</div>

first off, I believe Sura was responsible for guarding Terry, not D-Wes...Wesley guarded Finley...TMac guarded Howard....except for maybe 2 games, Wesley did do an admirable job on Finley for the most part...and who did you hear of this 2-for-1 trade from?...aside from maybe TMac, Wes is our best perimeter defender...

7. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMAC_713:</div><div class="quote_post">I heard that we are bout to do a sign and trade including wesly and one of those 3 scrubs on our roster. and HELL NO wesly aint one of the best inch for inch defenders in the league. You gotta be kidding me, if so thats why that sorry kid couldnt hang with Jason terry or even josh howard and u are telling me he is one of the best? <strike>You must be out of your mind kid.</strike> Wesly is like 67 years old man and he cant even guard me if i was playing.

<font color="red">Personal attacks will not be tolerated. ~Trip</font></div>
    Wesley guarded Jerry Stackhouse for most of the series. In the whole series, Stackhouse shot 40.3% from the floor. He had nights of 4-13, 4-12, 3-10 and 4-10. Anyone who has the watched the series will tell you that Wesley had never guarded Terry for more than three possessions in a row. And also, Josh Howard had Yao guarding him for most of the series. Should we trade Yao?

8. tmacnificent

tmacnificent JBB JustBBall Member

i was reading around on the rockets website..and it appears dion glover is on the roster for training camp.. i thought we werent landing him?

9. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">i was reading around on the rockets website..and it appears dion glover is on the roster for training camp.. i thought we werent landing him?</div>
    Him being on the training camp roster doesn't mean anything. All teams start out the season with fifteen players and after training camp, they make a lot of cuts from the roster.

10. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

Yao
    Swift
    TMac
    DA
    Alston
    Wesley
    Hayes
    Barry
    Bowen
    Deke
    Head
    Sura
    Howard
    Moochie
    Baxter
    Glover
    Langford

If JVG decides to use the full 17 spots, so two players would be getting cut...IMO, it will probably be hayes and glover/langford...

Rockets are negotiating a buyout with Baker...Ward has become an assitant coach with the team...

11. ronin

ronin JBB JustBBall Member

wheres ryan bowen?

12. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

thanks^^^...fixed...