Rockets Ready To Keep Dealing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by knicksfan3, Jun 20, 2007.

1. knicksfan3

knicksfan3 Nets Season Ticket Holder - Section 225

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Rockets Appear Willing To Make More Deals Ahead Of Draft?Houston Chronicle - 06/20 - 9:29 AM ESTThe Houston Rockets , who re-acquired guard Mike James for Juwan Howard last week, appear willing to make more trades ahead of next week's NBA Draft, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.Vassilis Spanoulis already has all but written his own ticket out of town, telling the team recently that he will not participate in the summer league next month. The Rockets apparently are trying to snag one of the Mavericks' three second-round draft picks in exchange for Spanoulis.The Los Angeles Clippers also appear to be discussing trading forward James Singleton (6-8, 215 pounds) to the Rockets in a deal that would involve John Lucas III.And the Los Angeles Lakers are contemplating a deal involving guard Luther Head in exchange for power forward Brian Cook.</div>These little deals could add up to a better season next season so why not try to shake things up a bit.

2. Courtvision

Courtvision BBW Member

I don't doubt they're willing to make some more moves before draft day, but I don't see them dealing Head for Cook. It wouldn't make much sense.

3. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

So what's the word on this V-Span guy. I wouldn't mind throwing one of our 2nd rounders at him to be honest. I think he would be a better pickup then whoever we pick. Would mean Barea's time is up.

4. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Courtvision @ Jun 20 2007, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't doubt they're willing to make some more moves before draft day, but I don't see them dealing Head for Cook. It wouldn't make much sense.</div>I think it would make sense, with the fact that the Rockets just traded away Juwan Howard and need some more front-court depth.

5. Courtvision

Courtvision BBW Member

For Brian Cook? He's a scrub. They could get a lot better for Head if they were looking into dealing him. He has no post game whatsoever, and he doesn't bring much to the table defensively. And what would be the point of having Steve Novak then? He didn't play much at all last year, but he's basically the same thing as Brian Cook with more upside IMO.

6. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Jun 20 2007, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So what's the word on this V-Span guy. I wouldn't mind throwing one of our 2nd rounders at him to be honest. I think he would be a better pickup then whoever we pick. Would mean Barea's time is up.</div>Basically JVG hated the guy and he got VERY few minutes when he could have won a championship for his team in his home country, Greece. So, he is basically pissed off, says he won't play in the summer league, and looks like he will be gone from Houston next year.Personally I was hoping to use him as one of those trading chips for Artest or some other player, but whatever.

7. YarnIdge

YarnIdge BBW Elite Member

I really wouldn't want to trade V-Span to the Mavs for a 2nd rounder. All we'd be getting is a bad pick. And he is really a good player who just didn't get the opportunity, I'd hate to trade him o a division rival only to have him blow up.We could get someone better than Brian Cook for Luther.I don't think I'd miss JL3 since were overloaded at the 1 and James Singleton wouldn't be a bad addition.

8. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

If I were the rockets I would go after Zach Randolph, he could perfectly compliment what the team is lacking however if they trade Battier and add Randolph it will be a downgrade. They need some kind of strong defender on their team especially if they are going to add another soft player. The Problem is that Houston is one of the weakest team depth-wise and other than tmac and yao they have few players worth trading. As long as their depth is weak they will never be a contender no matter how many stars they add. Two keys to a championship are depth and defense(as proven by the spurs) and the Rockets are lacking in both and trading Battier will only further weaken them.

9. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jun 26 2007, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If I were the rockets I would go after Zach Randolph, he could perfectly compliment what the team is lacking however if they trade Battier and add Randolph it will be a downgrade. They need some kind of strong defender on their team especially if they are going to add another soft player. The Problem is that Houston is one of the weakest team depth-wise and other than tmac and yao they have few players worth trading. As long as their depth is weak they will never be a contender no matter how many stars they add. Two keys to a championship are depth and defense(as proven by the spurs) and the Rockets are lacking in both and trading Battier will only further weaken them.</div>Rockets lacking in defense?!? They led the league in defense last year....As for Randolph...meh. He'd be an upgrade offensively, but defnesively he is a major liability. I'd much rather get a Ron Artest than Randolph. Hell, I'd even take lewis over Randolph as at leats he can score off of spot up 3's.Depth is not a problem whatsoever in the backcourt as the Rockets have about 9 guards/SF's (T-Mac/Bonzi/Battier/Alston/James/V-Span/Lucas/Head/Novak). Even at center, the Rockets have a nice 1-2 punch in yao/Mutombo. The only real depth problem is at PF, where the Rockets, after trading Howard, have no one to back up Hayes.