Ron Artest anyone? (merged w/ WFS93's thread)

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Doctor Kajita, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
  2. upsidedownside7

upsidedownside7 JBB JustBBall Member

get it done mully!

3. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Man Artest was built for bball. For his size he has super strength and can shut a all-star player down with his ferocious defense, and his offense is good also. He doesn't make sense about wanting to go to the Knicks, if anything Brown is way more restrictive than Carlisle. He'd want to play for Montgomery, since he doesn't have the stones to tell his players what to do, thats as least restrictive as it can get.

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I've got a feeling he'd wear out his welcome. I like the fact he's a great defensive player that's versatile against many positions, but he's a headcase with a bad shot selection. I think Warriors fans would tire of him after a while. Besides he wants to be a Knick. What can you do?

I guess that means my Danny Granger stock in my Yahoo fantasy teams might go up if Artest is gone. Wohoo!

5. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Well, if we didn't sign Dunleavy for this offseason, this may actually have a distant substance, but I don't think we will waste 44 mils on the bench for next 5 years. But, even if we don't factor Dunleavy signing... Do we really want him to be in here? I like him as a player (who wouldn't?) and he is an absolute bargain for next 3 years. But, he is slowly turning into T.O. And, judging from various interviews, I really don't think he has a mind to change his act anytime soon. Frankly, if we put Artest in our locker room, I think Davis and Artest will have a fist fight in 3 hours...

6. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Who knows, they might get along. And Artest has an Oakland personality, don't you think? ;-)

7. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

on the court, he's a great defender that we desperately need.

off the court, he's a potential cancer that could mess up the team chemistry...which is what we don't need.

however, if mully can pull another baron trade where we give up practically nothing, lets do it.

8. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    I think Artest would be a disaster in the locker room. He's a "me" player and I just don't see any of the W's with that kind of attitude. IMO, he is far worse than TO since Artest is nucking futs!

9. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I think Artest would play great with Baron because he isnt a player who needs the ball to get his own shots. Unfortunately we just gave Dun a big extension and Artest likely wouldnt work out well in the locker room. Thinking about a backcourt of Baron, J-Rich, and Artest is very enticing though, it would be by far the strongest and most athletic 1, 2, and 3 in the league.

Heres to hoping Artest doesnt go to Sacto or LA, that would be a huge blow to us if J-Rich couldnt go off on the Kings every game we play them.

10. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Heres to hoping Artest doesnt go to Sacto or LA, that would be a huge blow to us if J-Rich couldnt go off on the Kings every game we play them.</div>

J-Rich is just going to have to become unstoppable. No exceptions![​IMG]

11. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

Artest's "issues" are about him having an intense will to win. He has not been a slacker,ball hog,etc. I have some concern about a guy on a top contender,saying-in season,he wants to be dealt and even suggesting a team (Knicks) that are an Eastern rival and a much weaker team...BUT one that throws money around. Something is up behind the scenes. has a certain sneaker company decided to lure mercenaries to the biggest markets...like the rumor about LeBron? IF,and I don't know what is up,Nike or ?? in effect is going to single out a few teams and basically give them a BIG cap proof loophole,it destroys all illusions of fairness. If Artest,and agent are pulling that sort of stunt- bringing him here would not work.,they'd still be wanting out for that big under the table money.

12. Custodianrules2

I'd rather have Pietrus than Artest as crazy as this sounds. While Artest is an all-star player and impact player, he might be too much trouble to deal with. I'd rather have Bruce Bowen or Trenton Hassell than him as well. I think after Sprewell choking incident, talent at that price isn't worth it. Artest has never attacked a coach, but he's known for losing his cool and saying a bunch of ridiculous statements to the press. He doesn't have heart, I think.

13. Custodianrules2

On the other hand, if we just have Dunleavy, Cheaney and no Pietrus, I might consider Artest. That's right, I said it. Impact is better than hardly any impact.

14. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

When asked if he would accept a trade to the Warriors, Artest said only if I get a customized jersey that spells Warrior, Warier in honor of his record label.

15. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">When asked if he would accept a trade to the Warriors, Artest said only if I get a customized jersey that spells Warrior, Warier in honor of his record label.</div>

Artest is a class act isn't he? And talk about unclever mispellings that further illiteracy in the U.S. The kids exposed to that type of nonsense are screwed unless they know better.

16. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

where did he specifically address being traded to the w's?

17. edgar-davids

edgar-davids JBB Banned Member

i`ve been pushing this trade round the net for a couple weeks now(before artest request) and it would push GS over the hump (playoff-wise)

Mike Dunleavy/Ike Diogu/Picks or Cash for RONALD ARTEST

Warriors become the nets (with big men)

pacers get 2 guys who along with granger can provide adequate cover for artest plus all 3 are young guys

pacers
    -------

tinsley
    jackson
    dunleavy/granger
    croshere/diogu
    o`neal

WARRIORS
    ----------

Diddy
    Jrich
    Artest
    Murphy
    ANYONE

18. Kwan1031

Again, Dunleavy cannot be traded, because he just signed an extention. It's literary impossible by CBA...

19. edgar-davids

edgar-davids JBB Banned Member

so they have to wait A FEW WEEKS

philadelphia sat glenn robinson for a whole season,im sure the pacers can wait a few weeks

20. Kwan1031

No...

Dunleavy has poison pill status, which last till the end of this season

Then, Dunleavy becomes BYC1 in year 2006-2007

Then, Dunleavy becomes BYC2 in year 2007-2008.

Few weeks? Try 3 years...