Ron Artest Suspended for Game 2

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by Shapecity, Apr 24, 2006.

1. MUman

MUman JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bibbinator:</div><div class="quote_post">Who ever said anything about the ideal finals being the Spurs versus the Spurs MUman. Or are you implying that David Stern has stated that "the ideal finals would be the Kings vs. Kings. Or Lakers vs. Lakers. In all honesty MUman, I'm not being sarcastic; I just have never heard David Stern make any statement of such nature of any one team vs. itself in the Finals. But I could have just missed Stern's saying such a statement. In all honesty, please, elaborate. What NBA Franchise did David say would make the ideal Finals in it playing itself. When did he say it. If he said it about like the Lakers are you sure he didn't just mean something like "It would be awesome to see Magic's Show Time Lakers versus the Shaq & Kobe duo tittle runs". I'm confused. Anyway GO KINGS!!!!!</div>

Uh.... I thought it was common knowledge that, when asked what the ideal finals series would be like, Stern said "Lakers vs. Lakers". This was around 2003 or so. Don't take my word for it. Do some research or ask around and then tell me how that foot tastes.

2. Bibbinator

Bibbinator JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MUman:</div><div class="quote_post">Uh.... I thought it was common knowledge that, when asked what the ideal finals series would be like, Stern said "Lakers vs. Lakers". This was around 2003 or so. Don't take my word for it. Do some research or ask around and then tell me how that foot tastes.</div>

Well let me ask you this MUman. And I'll speak more highly of the Lakers over your team -(Spurs), or my team -(Kings). How many world championships do the Sacramento Kings have. The Answer : 1 - Beat Knicks in 7 Games back in 1951, as the Cicinnati Kings/Royals. The Spurs have 3 World Championships. Okay the Lakers have 14, MUman. In 48 years of being in existance - 41 in L.A. era, 7 in Minneapolis era; the Lakers have only missed the playoffs 6 times; that's a record in Pro. Sports and it also earned the Lakers the best WIN. PCT. in Sports at (.627), weather you or I want to face it MUman, our teams do not compare to the Los Angeles Lakers. And I'm not just saying that against your team, I'm saying it against the Kings as well. The Spurs have not been good enough long enough threw out history for the commiser to give such advertisement to. You guys have been good for 10 years now earning 3 tittles. So David Stern advertises the entire league with the Lakers alittle more than other teams; who's he suppose to advertise this league with the Toronto Raptors. Please give it a rest. And the commisiner of the MLB does the same advertiseing with the Yankees for enlargement of the game. So did the recent retired commisiner of the NFL of the Dallas Cowboys. Who do you think got the Cowboys nicknamed America's team- The commisiner of the NFL. Now why didn't he nickname the Arizona Cardinals America's team. Because they aren't an elite team, and it wouldn't make for good advertisement. Just because David Stern said this about the Lakers does not mean he has told the officials to favor the Lakers. He's just going to pick an elite Franchise to do the advertisement of the NBA. Personally I disagree with everyone. I don't feel David has told the refs to favor the Spurs or the Lakers. The best team will win. Like they say on TNT, let the truth be told. But then again, I will agree with everyone in here so far, that Basketball has crummy officiateing. But not intentionally, they just have the hardest game to officiate.

And as far as it supposedly being common knowledge that Stern made this statement; I'm not into politics. I probably wouldn't even recognize Stern's voice if I heard it. I'm strictly into watching the game of Basketball. So that may clear up your confusion as to why I didn't know of Stern's stateing this. GO KINGS!!!!!

3. MUman

MUman JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bibbinator:</div><div class="quote_post">Well let me ask you this MUman. And I'll speak more highly of the Lakers over your team -(Spurs), or my team -(Kings). How many world championships do the Sacramento Kings have. The Answer : 1 - Beat Knicks in 7 Games back in 1951, as the Cicinnati Kings/Royals. The Spurs have 3 World Championships. Okay the Lakers have 14, MUman. In 48 years of being in existance - 41 in L.A. era, 7 in Minneapolis era; the Lakers have only missed the playoffs 6 times; that's a record in Pro. Sports and it also earned the Lakers the best WIN. PCT. in Sports at (.627), weather you or I want to face it MUman, our teams do not compare to the Los Angeles Lakers. And I'm not just saying that against your team, I'm saying it against the Kings as well. The Spurs have not been good enough long enough threw out history for the commiser to give such advertisement to. You guys have been good for 10 years now earning 3 tittles. So David Stern advertises the entire league with the Lakers alittle more than other teams; who's he suppose to advertise this league with the Toronto Raptors. Please give it a rest. And the commisiner of the MLB does the same advertiseing with the Yankees for enlargement of the game. So did the recent retired commisiner of the NFL of the Dallas Cowboys. Who do you think got the Cowboys nicknamed America's team- The commisiner of the NFL. Now why didn't he nickname the Arizona Cardinals America's team. Because they aren't an elite team, and it wouldn't make for good advertisement. Just because David Stern said this about the Lakers does not mean he has told the officials to favor the Lakers. He's just going to pick an elite Franchise to do the advertisement of the NBA. Personally I disagree with everyone. I don't feel David has told the refs to favor the Spurs or the Lakers. The best team will win. Like they say on TNT, let the truth be told. But then again, I will agree with everyone in here so far, that Basketball has crummy officiateing. But not intentionally, they just have the hardest game to officiate.

And as far as it supposedly being common knowledge that Stern made this statement; I'm not into politics. I probably wouldn't even recognize Stern's voice if I heard it. I'm strictly into watching the game of Basketball. So that may clear up your confusion as to why I didn't know of Stern's stateing this. GO KINGS!!!!!</div>

My original comment was directed at a laker fan who had the gall to imply that Stern now favors the Spurs over every one else(hence the name San Antonio Sterns). You brought up that the Lakers are more likely to be favored due to their history and the size of their media market and I totally agree with that. I just won't stomach people (especially laker fans) who try to say that the Spurs are being favored by Stern or any of the higher ups in the league for that matter. They win because they're just that good.

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MUman:</div><div class="quote_post">My original comment was directed at a laker fan who had the gall to imply that Stern now favors the Spurs over every one else(hence the name San Antonio Sterns). You brought up that the Lakers are more likely to be favored due to their history and the size of their media market and I totally agree with that. I just won't stomach people (especially laker fans) who try to say that the Spurs are being favored by Stern or any of the higher ups in the league for that matter. They win because they're just that good.</div>

Don't shoot the messenger, it's not a nickname I came up with, it's a general consensus around the league the Spurs get preferential treatment, hence the nickname. The main gripe is Tim Duncan and second is Bruce Bowen.

Your wrong about the Lakers being favored because of history or playing in a large market. David Stern doesn't have to worry about historical franchises generating revenue, he has to watch out for the small market teams. If the Lakers only win 1 game they are going to sell out their arena. Same goes for the Knicks, they had one of their worst seasons in franchise history, but they still sold out MSG.

The NBA ratings might be lower with the Spurs in the NBA Finals, but TV networks pay a premium for the rights to show those games before the final two teams are even determined. The NBA makes their money upfront regardless of who plays in the NBA Finals.

Bruce Bowen gets away with grabbing, shoving, tripping and using two hands all game long. He gets away with more fouls than other players trying to use the same tactics. Despite his hands-on approach to defense he didn't foul out in a single game this year.

5. Bibbinator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MUman:</div><div class="quote_post">My original comment was directed at a laker fan who had the gall to imply that Stern now favors the Spurs over every one else(hence the name San Antonio Sterns). You brought up that the Lakers are more likely to be favored due to their history and the size of their media market and I totally agree with that. I just won't stomach people (especially laker fans) who try to say that the Spurs are being favored by Stern or any of the higher ups in the league for that matter. They win because they're just that good.</div>

I did not say the Lakers get favored by the officials do to being a high marketed team. Look over my posts again and find where I supposedly said that. I said if there gonna show highlights or use examples or analogies, there gonna use an elite team like the Lakers. Thus, because of their outstanding history. Your putting words in my mouth that I didn't say MUman. I never, ever, said the Lakers get favorism from the refs. Alot of Kings fan say that, but I hope the rest of the League doesn't judge me and positive thinking Kings fans by that. Shape's right if there is any favored team of the 3 mentioned so far - Spurs, Kings, or Lakers it would be the Spurs. Anyway GO KINGS!!!!!

6. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

factual edit.
    the one championship the Franchise has was as the Rochester Royals.
    They didnt move to Cinci untill the '58 season
    [​IMG]

7. Bibbinator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting harbingerofdoom:</div><div class="quote_post">factual edit.
    the one championship the Franchise has was as the Rochester Royals.
    They didnt move to Cinci untill the '58 season
    [​IMG]</div>

Oh my bad, I thought they were already in Cincinnati in 1950-51 season. I just make reference to them as the Kings even back then, for the following 2 reasons;
    (#1) So people that aren't into the Kings that much know what I'm
    talking about.
    (#2) Kings - Royals, same thing, it's all Royalty!

P.S.
    So actually factual edit : I worded it that way on purpose; well atleast
    the Kings part; but my bad on the cinci part!

<font size=""7"">GO KINGS!!!</font>