Ron Artest

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Really Lost One, Jun 17, 2008.

1. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (valo35 @ Jun 18 2008, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>While the thought of Kobe, Artest and Bynum as a defensive trio next year would be a good though defensively probably one of the best defensive trio's in the league, I just would not want Ron Artest on my team or for a good team with a solid offense. While he is a talented all around player even on defense, Artest is a chemistry stopper offensively, and often time's a ball stopper. There are times where Ron Artest will take his team out of the ball game, wanting to shoot to much. His offensive smarts are not very high, and I don't find him compatible with the L.A. Laker's, and Phil Jackson's triangle offense. So if I was a Laker's fan, or front office guy, I don't believe getting Ron Artest would be something I would want for my team.</div>

ur nuts..............Ron Ron is a man beast and would bring some toughness to the lakers or anywhere he went for that matter.....

2. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

Can we possibly trade Odom for a first round draft pick? somewhat like the Warriors did to trade Richardson?

3. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lakerman34 @ Jun 18 2008, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd rather try and get Josh Smith for Lamar Odom.</div>
    Not possible, unless you throw in 2012 and 2014 draft picks.

4. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bynumite @ Jun 18 2008, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Can we possibly trade Odom for a first round draft pick? somewhat like the Warriors did to trade Richardson?</div>
    Why would you trade for a rookie? I don't want to babysit, I want us to go for the championship next year. Brandon Wright basically sat on the bench the entire season for the Warriors.

5. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

Artest said last night, that he isn't opting out.

6. lakersfan4ever8

lakersfan4ever8 Member

I like the idea of adding Artest, he will give us more toughness and defensive intenstity, and i think he can fit in the system with no problem because he has a lot of respect for Kobe and Phil and i think he mite wanna win for a change and shut up a bit cuz it aint gonna be his team, but anyone thinking of picking up corey maggette ?? I think he would be a great addition cuz he'll drive a lot and shoot free throws and he plays solid defense...

7. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (michau @ Jun 18 2008, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>imo we shouldn´t trade LO. Next season ur lineup gonna look like that rigth: Bynum, Pau,LO,Kobe,Fisher.I think LO will be ok at SF.Vlady is a piece of ****., coz he isn´t playin any D. Maybe lets try to trade him in a package with Luke 4 sum veterans.

But in order to keep LO he has to change his attitude, i don´t know if u guys know but after game 5 LO went to a club, instead gettin sum rest before the flight next morning.

Lamar, Pau, and Andrew haven't gotten a chance to play together so lets try this first out. if this ain´t gonna work we still kann trade him.</div>

I think the team will lack too much perimeter shooting with Odom-Pau-Bynum in the front line. and Jerry West even said they will be too slow a team.

8. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I don't mind Odom, but not for the money he's making and not for the extension he's seeking. The guy wants franchise player money when he's shown time and time again he's nothing close to being a franchise caliber player. He was absolutely pathetic when it counted most and moving him to SF isn't the solution. Odom struggles at the 3 spot and there's going to be a lot of redundancy with Gasol and Bynum patrolling the post already.

If Odom was willing to take $8 to $9M to play 6th man for us I'd be in favor of him sticking, but right now I don't see him here long term.

Artest would be the ideal upgrade at SF at this point. It will be tough to sign him away from the Kings, but how about this for the 2008-09 opening day lineup?

PG - Kobe
    SG - Artest
    SF - Odom
    PF - Gasol
    C - Bynum

9. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shapecity @ Jun 18 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't mind Odom, but not for the money he's making and not for the extension he's seeking. The guy wants franchise player money when he's shown time and time again he's nothing close to being a franchise caliber player. He was absolutely pathetic when it counted most and moving him to SF isn't the solution. Odom struggles at the 3 spot and there's going to be a lot of redundancy with Gasol and Bynum patrolling the post already.

If Odom was willing to take $8 to $9M to play 6th man for us I'd be in favor of him sticking, but right now I don't see him here long term.

Artest would be the ideal upgrade at SF at this point. It will be tough to sign him away from the Kings, but how about this for the 2008-09 opening day lineup?

PG - Kobe
    SG - Artest
    SF - Odom
    PF - Gasol
    C - Bynum</div>

again, i think that lineup would lack perimeter shooting. I'd start fish and move Odom to the bench if at all possible

10. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (notmuchgame @ Jun 18 2008, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shapecity @ Jun 18 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't mind Odom, but not for the money he's making and not for the extension he's seeking. The guy wants franchise player money when he's shown time and time again he's nothing close to being a franchise caliber player. He was absolutely pathetic when it counted most and moving him to SF isn't the solution. Odom struggles at the 3 spot and there's going to be a lot of redundancy with Gasol and Bynum patrolling the post already.

PG - Kobe
    SG - Artest
    SF - Odom
    PF - Gasol
    C - Bynum</div>

again, i think that lineup would lack perimeter shooting. I'd start fish and move Odom to the bench if at all possible
    </div>

Your probably right, but I want to mash teams from now on instead of trying to live or die with the 3-ball. Kobe could evolve into our sniper.

11. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (o.iatlhawksfan @ Jun 18 2008, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Artest said last night, that he isn't opting out.</div>

Question, does that also mean sacramento cant trade him? i dont think it does

12. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kobe23 @ Jun 19 2008, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (o.iatlhawksfan @ Jun 18 2008, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Artest said last night, that he isn't opting out.</div>

</div>

Sign him for the MLE?!?!

13. junit

junit BBW Member

14. kobe23

College Undergrad
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (junit @ Jun 20 2008, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2008/06/19.../#comment-41045

He said yesterday he wants to play for LA.

Hopefully he will opt out and we can sign him for MLE.</div>

Although it would feel like heaven... I wouldnt want the Lakers to be an All - star team LOL

3 stars (kobe, odom, gasol) and a bit of luck is a championship , but if you add a prodigy (Bynum) then that's a dynasty... I wouldnt want people to think that the only reason Kobe won a ring again is bec. he had star power.

15. kobe23

College Undergrad
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake @ Jun 19 2008, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kobe23 @ Jun 19 2008, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (o.iatlhawksfan @ Jun 18 2008, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Artest said last night, that he isn't opting out.</div>

</div>

Sign him for the MLE?!?!
    </div>

Huh?

16. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

What would you guys think of trading for Anthony Parker? I love the guy and I'd hate to see him go, but there's always the chance he'll be dealt because he has an expiring contract and he's much older than our "core." But for a contending team like the Lakers the age wouldn't be as big a factor, and he'd probably bring the kind of consistent perimeter defense and 3 pt. shooting that you're looking for. Plus his contract is really good. I don't know what the Raps would ask for in return, what the Lakers would be willing to give up, or if the could even match contracts, but I was just throwing it out there.

17. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

I don't really know much about Anthony Parker at all. Given your description, I guess he wouldn't be too bad. The main concern with this team is defense, so his perimeter defense would really help. But looking at this roster, I don't see how he will fit in. Unless Sasha doesn't get resigned, I don't think Parker is a need. But if Sasha does leave, I wouldn't mind pursuing him.

18. lakerman34

lakerman34 JBB JustBBall Member

If we get Artest for MLE (which I doubt would happen), would he be coming off the bench? I know everyone prefers LO coming off the bench, but I can't see the Laker coaching staff doing this. If we trade for Artest, we couldn't trade LO, because it seems to me that LO is a HUGE reason why Artest would want to come to LA. They grew up together.

19. lakerman34

lakerman34 JBB JustBBall Member

Lakers NEED Derrick Rose.
    The kid is sick. Next best thing after LeBron. I'm calling it NOW!!!!

20. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lakerman34 @ Jun 22 2008, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Lakers NEED Derrick Rose.
    The kid is sick. Next best thing after LeBron. I'm calling it NOW!!!!</div>

The Raptors need Derrick Rose too. So do the Pistons, Bulls, Miami, NJ, etc...