Rookies........

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by LaBballFan, Feb 26, 2003.

1. LaBballFan

LaBballFan JBB JustBBall Member

The biggest rookie dissapointment?

Mike Dunleavy or Nikolaz Tskitsvili?

Mike Dunleavy was drafted 3rd in the first round.
    He is the player who had great collage carrer and everybody thought that he"ll have great rookie season but they were wrong
    He is scoring 5 points per game and has 2.2 rebounds per game.

Tskitsvili was drafted 5th in the first round and he showed us...NOTHING
    He is scoring like 2 points per game and he has 2 rebounds.
    That's very bad but he is younger than Mike Dunleavy and he will become something special(trust me)
    He will be like Peja.
    Nuggets drafted him and they didn't expect him to be ROY,Nuggets want a franchise player for the future.
    Trust me guys......he's gonna rock.

I think that Mike Dunleavy is the biggest rookie dissapointment

Biggest rookie suprise

Gordan Giricek or Carlos Boozer

No question here.
    Giri is the biggest suprise.
    He was drafted back in 2000.
    Nobody knew about him and now he is playing great.
    12 points,3 rebounds and almost 2 assists per game

ROY

So far Yao and Amare are the biggest candidates but they are hearing footsteps.
    Drew Gooden is very close and he is playing really good in his new team.
    It's gonna be great ROY race till the end of the season.
    I think Yao will win it but you never know

First rookie team

PG Wagner
    SG Giricek
    SF Butler
    PF Amare/Gooden
    C Yao[/b]

2. Big D

Big D JBB JustBBall Member

I agree on biggest disappointment. Dunleavy has shown next to nothing.

My biggest surprise is Amare. Never has a HSer played like this as a rookie. I didn't see it coming at all.

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Biggest disappointment is definately Dunleavy. I was screaming for the Warriors to take Caron or Amare, but they went with another bunk pick. Where did they even see Dunleavy fitting in?

Biggest surprise is Amare Stoudamire. He's playing a lot better than anyone expected and if the draft was re-done he would easily go #2.

ROY - TIE (Yao & Amare)

I think this award will go to whoever can post a better record.

1st rookie team

G - Butler
    G - Giricek
    F - Gooden
    F - Amare
    C - Yao

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">No question here.
    </div>

Actually no,In 2000 he was playing in the Croatian League.But i do agree he is one of the surprising rookies...him and gooden have been really impressive...that trade was a steal for the magic.

5. Big D

Big D JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "shapecity":</div><div class="quote_post">Biggest disappointment is definately Dunleavy. I was screaming for the Warriors to take Caron or Amare </div>
    I find it VERY hard to believe that you were calling on them to pick Amare at #3.

6. NJNChampionship

NJNChampionship JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Big D":</div><div class="quote_post">I agree on biggest disappointment. Dunleavy has shown next to nothing.

My biggest surprise is Amare. Never has a HSer played like this as a rookie. I didn't see it coming at all.</div>

Dunleavy picked it up a bit lately.

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

The warriors should of taken gooden...and grizzles could of taken butler but decided against it.Few big mistakes there :shock:

8. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Big D":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "shapecity":</div><div class="quote_post">Biggest disappointment is definately Dunleavy. I was screaming for the Warriors to take Caron or Amare </div>
    I find it VERY hard to believe that you were calling on them to pick Amare at #3.</div>

The Warriors needed an offensive post presence and Amare was killing players in the Summer leagues. He's huge for his age and excelled in his drills. His only knock was his off-court problems which scared a lot teams. He also didn't try out for many teams.

I also saw some footage of his high school games and you could immediately tell he would be a star. I never expected him to have an instant impact, but watching him play reminded me of a more athletic Karl Malone.

Butler & Gooden would have been great choices for GSW, but Amare is exactly the type of player GSW is lacking. That's why I wanted GSW go grab him at #3, or trade down.

If Jerry West had time to work Amare and scout him you can believe he would be a Grizzlie today.

9. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

amare refused workouts with golden state and memphis I believe

10. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

The biggest rookie dissapointment is for sure Dunleavy. But like NJNChampionship he is starting to pick it up. Amare is the most surprising rookie. If the draft was redone for sure Gooden,Amare,Dunleavy,and Butler would be on different teams right now.

11. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "SCBrian":</div><div class="quote_post">amare refused workouts with golden state and memphis I believe</div>

He sure did.

Here's 2 good sites I use to find out about prospects.

http://www.proexposure.com/

(right now they are covering Europe, NBDL, & CBA) but in the summer they will track the summer leagues

http://www.bobgibbons.net/secure/
    Bob Gibbons is the man for scouting talent. Highly recommended.

12. LaBballFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">No question here.
    </div>

Actually no,In 2000 he was playing in the Croatian League.But i do agree he is one of the surprising rookies...him and gooden have been really impressive...that trade was a steal for the magic.</div>

He was drafted by Mavs,then Spurs took him but they didn't play him so he played in Europe.
    Not in Croatia,he played in Rusia

13. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

According to the NBA site he played in one of those leagues that year....but Dunleavy has been really bad considering he was the number 3 pick.But he is getting better i think.No one expected amare to od os well coming in from high school :shock:

14. jdub

jdub JBB JustBBall Member

This obviously isnt the all nba rookie team but this would be mine

G-Wagner
    G-Giricek
    F-Gooden
    F-Stoudemire
    C-Boozer

15. Online

Online JBB JustBBall Member

Dunleavy is a big disspoment

16. Cpops57

Cpops57 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "OnlineX":</div><div class="quote_post">Dunleavy is a big disspoment</div>

I dont think he is. I didnt and I think Golden state to an extent expected him to do major things anyway. Besides they always draft akwardly anyway. They have a glut of 2 or 3 men. they draft a 2/3. dunleavy will be fine

17. XKalibuR

XKalibuR JBB JustBBall Member

well dunleavy isnt a dissapointment to me. I knew he would suck!! when GS picked him i was like wtf?? this guy isnt that great.

who tha hell is Tskitsvili ? u guys need to look for mehmet okur, he was drafted 2nd round last year but this year its his rookie year. He is showing great improvment. And hes a big man that can shoot the 3

18. LaBballFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "XKalibuR":</div><div class="quote_post">well dunleavy isnt a dissapointment to me. I knew he would suck!! when GS picked him i was like wtf?? this guy isnt that great.

who tha hell is Tskitsvili ? u guys need to look for mehmet okur, he was drafted 2nd round last year but this year its his rookie year. He is showing great improvment. And hes a big man that can shoot the 3</div>

Tskitsvili is the guy who was drafted 5th in the first round.
    He is scoring like 2 points in his rookie season but I think he will be good player in the long run