Round 1: Magic @ Pistons Series Thread

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by GatorsowntheNCAA, Apr 19, 2007.

1. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">23MJordan23 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Dwight is playing his position well, and Darko is doing pretty good. However, this team as a whole is not playing with enough drive, and it makes everything and everybody on the Magic look like they lack drive.</div>

Honestly Dwight has been one of the biggest disappointments to me. I expected him to take over a game and use his force down low. He seems to be rushing everything and trying to make too much out of nothing. Although when he doesn't get the ball on a consistent basis then I understand his lack of offense. We had yet another 3 second violation on Dwight when he has amazing position under the basket and we just flat out don't pass him the ball.

Pistons players are getting into his head and he needs to clear his mind and just play. Just do the things that he had been doing. I also think his poor FT shooting in game 1 has carried over to Game 2 and 3 as he isn't being as aggressive as he was at the end of the season.

2. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

I have a question for all of you, how did Rasheed not get ejected in the first half? He had one technical already and he kept arguing after that. He even shoved the hand of the official and they still never called his second technical. He was bitching all day long and he got away with it but the moment Dwight opens his mouth he gets called for a tech. What the hell is that? Rasheed is my least favorite player in the entire NBA. I don't get why he didn't get tossed.

3. GatorsowntheNCAA

We are just scared of the Pistons, plain and simple. No one is really aggressive(other than Jameer, but he's too aggressive).

Darko deserves the contract that he wants after this performance so far in the playoffs. Just imagine if we actually have a coach that is willing to use him right by putting him up at the top of the key and letting him direct traffic. I think Darko can be a very good player playing 35-40 minutes alongside Dwight.

4. bbwSwish

Yup, I definitely agree. They showed an interesting stat on the Jumbotron today - During the playoffs so far, Darko is shooting a higher field goal percentage than any other player. He has been great and it bugs me that him and Dwight are rarely in at the same time. Also, would it kill Brian Hill to play JJ Redick a little bit? When you're down by 14 points in the fourth quarter, how can putting your best three point/free throw shooter in the game hurt?

5. GatorsowntheNCAA

If Jameer Nelson is in the game, then JJ shouldn't come in against a team like the Pistons who can score from any and every position. Typically you would want to bring JJ in against a team that has 1 decent wing at best, so that he would have someone to guard. With the way the Pistons have continued to abuse Jameer I couldn't imagine what the Pistons would be thinking if JJ and Jameer get put in at the same time.

6. bbwSwish

When you're down by 12, does it really matter? At least JJ could get the crowd going, get some experience, and possibly bring us back with some threes. You never know. Also, I'd rather have him in there with Dooling and Ariza than Carlos Arroyo. I think a lineup of Dooling-Redick-Ariza-Darko-Dwight would be really effective. You have two good defenders around JJ and have our two low post scorers in.

7. MainMan

MainMan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Swish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I have a question for all of you, how did Rasheed not get ejected in the first half? He had one technical already and he kept arguing after that. He even shoved the hand of the official and they still never called his second technical. He was bitching all day long and he got away with it but the moment Dwight opens his mouth he gets called for a tech. What the hell is that? Rasheed is my least favorite player in the entire NBA. I don't get why he didn't get tossed.</div>

I didnt understand that either. If you noticed when dwight got his tech..all he did was state his case. The ref nodded his head as if everything was cool, and then gave him a tech..Every player in the nba does that. Didnt understand it one bit

8. MainMan

<div class="quote_poster">Swish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Man, me and my friend painted ourselves blue and made signs for nothing.</div>

What did your sign say? and did you see that magic fan dressed up like hulk hogan? My friend and I are making fire brian hill signs for game 4..so if ur going show ur support

9. bbwSwish

If Rasheed was ejected (like he should have been) that could have really changed the game. Oh well, hopefully the officiating is good next game. Yeah I saw the Hulk Hogan guy. [​IMG] I'm not going to Game 4 but if I was I'd definitely be holding the Fire Hill sign right with you! My sign said "Time for a MAGICAL Comeback" and my friend's sign say "We Believe in Magic". Did you see either of those?

10. GatorsowntheNCAA

<div class="quote_poster">MainMan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What did your sign say? and did you see that magic fan dressed up like hulk hogan? My friend and I are making fire brian hill signs for game 4..so if ur going show ur support</div>

It wasn't this kid was it? [​IMG]

11. MainMan

nah i didnt see those although i was in the nose bleeds so i didnt see much.. we started chanting fire brian hill with like a min to go but no one was there to hear. We basically would of won the game if sheed got ejected no question

12. bbwSwish

Yeah I agree. There isn't a player in the league that I hate more than Sheed.

Did you hear everyone chanting We Want JJ? Why the hell won't Brian Hill put the guy in, especially when he said that he was going to use Redick to stretch the floor. He said one thing and did the opposite. I know it might have been to throw the Pistons off but still, there is nothing to lose when you're down by that much. Putting your best three point threat in the game is usually a pretty good way to narrow big leads.

13. The One & Only

The One & Only JBB The Orlando Tragic

<div class="quote_poster">Swish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post"> I think a lineup of Dooling-Redick-Ariza-Darko-Dwight would be really effective. You have two good defenders around JJ and have our two low post scorers in.</div>

It is a great defensive lineup, but we suffer on offense. Still, I agree we should have put JJ in.

http://www.82games.com/0607/06ORL7B.HTM

Surprisingly our best lineup is Nelson-Ariza-Hill-Turkoglu-Howard with a staggering 128 offensive production per 48, while only allowing 100. That lineup also has an insane 11-3 record.

Anyway, does it surprise anyone that we did better in Detroit than in Orlando? Both games we only lost by 8, and that's mostly because towards the end there was late game fouling. However at home, we lose by 15....[​IMG]

14. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

15. bbwSwish

Today is a pride game. Let's get a win!

16. Riot

Riot JBB JustBBall Member

Damn I forgot the game was on! I saw the last 20 seconds though, finally we got to end a quarter on a good note, with the dunk from Dooling.

17. Riot

Milicic just had a couple great plays, the crowd is getting excited again, we're not out of the game yet!

18. bbwSwish

19. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    No need to really be discouraged Magic fans. You have a promising team that will only get better with time. Well, you could use a new coach.

20. Riot

^Yeah, no doubt. It was the first playoff series for a lot of our players too, at least they got some experience against a good team. I don't see the Pistons winning the 'ship either. (no offense Pistons fans)

And yes, we most definitely need a new coach. [​IMG]