Round 1: Magic @ Pistons Series Thread

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by GatorsowntheNCAA, Apr 19, 2007.

1. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Funny how Redick played awesome when he was in today?. Maybe this guys should have played all series/season? [​IMG]

2. The One & Only

The One & Only JBB The Orlando Tragic

<div class="quote_poster">Swish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Funny how Redick played awesome when he was in today?. Maybe this guys should have played all series/season? [​IMG]</div>

Yes Redick did play good...<font size=""1"">not good enough for Brian Hill though.</font>

I also kind of saw a sweep in the making when we lost by 15 in game 3(at HOME...come on).

3. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I found out this morning that my friend got hooked up with free tickets from his friend or work or something, so my drive from Gainesville + ticket(section 111 row T-amazing seats)+food from Smoky Bones after the game=$30, plus I got a Magic flag out of it. [​IMG]

I was impressed with Dwight today(I guess impressed is the word although it doesn't sound as impressed as I actually was). He really wanted to win this game and he worked hard. Did anyone notice that when he was touching the ball good things were happening? Did anyone then notice that he only got the ball once in the last 4 minutes of the game? He did get stripped on that play but Webber seemed to hit his arm.

Oh about Redick. He is effective when put next to Dooling and Ariza against Detroit's bench. I just wish they would have ran a couple of plays for him or something while he was in, rather than him just standing around doing nothing.

Basically everything we said during the regular season came true this postseason. Basically we don't have a go to scorer down the stretch. Grant Hill is sitll a solid player. Hedo's inconsistency was killer. Jameer can't play defense or run an offense as a starting PG. Brian Hill can't make adjustments on the fly. Battie is an avg bench player, but still starts. We need to sign Darko(BADLY) this offseason.

Just a preface for this next paragraph..... I'm not blaming the game on the refs. The Magic had their chances to win and just didn't capitalize and Detroit did. Detroit won fair and square and deservingly swept us. After saying all of that, WTF were the refs thinking at times in this game? Rasheed Wallace grabbed Dwight Howard's arm and threw him to the ground. YES Dwight Howard got thrown to the ground, yet there was no call. Then towards the end of the game, Sheed threw Darko to the ground without a call. Also Darko/Dwight would be getting bumped on nearly every shot without a call(which was deservingly not a foul), but then anyone on their team would try to shoot and get a similiar bump and would get a foul call.(not all the time, but probably 25-30% of the time)

That was the first time that I had been to a game in 3-4 years and I gotta say I was pretty embarrassed about our fans throughout the first 3 quarters(they got pretty loud in the 4th, especially when we took a lead). There wasn't too much energy/emotion in the building and there were quite a few empty seats. I just hope it was like that since we were down 3-0 and it was our last home game and hopefully it will change next year IF we get better.

4. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Season's over. Man, I really wanted Dwight to win at least one game this season...

5. NTC

NTC Active Member

[​IMG]

Just a little somthing I whipped up.

6. GatorsowntheNCAA

<div class="quote_poster">NTC Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]

7. NTC

NTC Active Member

Hehehehe, thats what your players get for thinking they could step to us. They wanted it, they got it.

8-0 over the Magic the entire season.

8. GatorsowntheNCAA

<div class="quote_poster">NTC Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hehehehe, thats what your players get for thinking they could step to us. They wanted it, they got it.

8-0 over the Magic the entire season.</div>

That's similar to the Yankees bragging that they swept the Orioles.

9. bbwSwish

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Can you say conspiracy: In Detroit: the fire alarm went off at the team hotel in the wee hours of the morning; the practice gym at Country Day School had streamers hanging from the rafters limiting the Magic's practice time between Games 1 and 2, and Dwight was served some shoddy Salmon.</div>
    Source

I found that funny. [​IMG]

10. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

Who cares about College Basketball? Florida in NBA playoffs....0-8 [​IMG]

No but I'm totally kidding we had a major advantage over you guys. And once Dwight develops some more post game hes going to be one scary dude, you guys will be back.

11. bbwSwish

On top of that, the Southeast Division will probably go 0-12 in the playoffs (Magic, Heat, Wizards).

12. GatorsowntheNCAA

Are you planning on unsticking this Swish? I don't want this at the top of my forum anymore. [​IMG]

13. bbwSwish

<div class="quote_poster">GatorsowntheNCAA Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Are you planning on unsticking this Swish? I don't want this at the top of my forum anymore. [​IMG]</div>

Yeah, I'll do it now just for you snookums. [​IMG]