Round 1: Rockets vs. Jazz Official Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by igotask8board, Apr 17, 2008.

1. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

Who's going!?

I'm too busy to buy tickets for games 1/2, but I will buy tickets to games 5/7 if we don't sweep them! [​IMG]

2. igotask8board

Yao out - OK fine we can't compete, I will deal with it.

Rafer out - wow, the basketball gods hate us. We just can't be 100% healthy come playoff time. Jackson/Brooks combine 4/23 shooting...speechless. I don't believe Brooks was the dealbreaker in the Artest trade.

Why didn't Adelman play Head with McGrady handling the ball? At least he can knock down open shots.

Maybe we will be healthy next season, but I just wanted some good playoff games after Yao went out.

Jazz will take the Lakers to 7 games. It will be a dog fight and if Okur hits his 3's, Utah wins.

Only way we can go 6/7 games is if we win game 2 without Rafer and Rafer is 90% in game 3.

3. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    The Lakers are 3-1 against Utah, and even beat them in Utah without Gasol/Bynum.

Kobe matches up well with them (about 30 a game with a good TS%), they had real issues against Bryant last year as well (52 in 3 quarters).

4. igotask8board

Okur<Gasol
    Boozer>Odom
    AK>Walton
    Brewer<Kobe
    Williams>Fisher

Utah's bench >Lakers' bench

If the Lakers put Odom on Okur and Gasol plays good defense on Boozer, Lakers win. If not, Okur will hit his 3's and Boozer will torch Odom.

That is the series. Kobe/Williams will go off, but it all comes down to how they defend each others front line ups since Odom can shut down Okur and Gasol would give problems to Boozer.

5. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 20 2008, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Okur<Gasol
    Boozer>Odom
    AK>Walton
    Brewer<Kobe
    Williams>Fisher

Utah's bench >Lakers' bench

If the Lakers put Odom on Okur and Gasol plays good defense on Boozer, Lakers win. If not, Okur will hit his 3's and Boozer will torch Odom.

That is the series. Kobe/Williams will go off, but it all comes down to how they defend each others front line ups since Odom can shut down Okur and Gasol would give problems to Boozer.</div>

By your logic the Lakers shouldn't have won as much as they have.

Walton is not the starter dude (he's arguably one of our worst players), and it's a three-two headed horse either way (Fish also splits his minutes rather evenly with Farmar). AK's an inconsistent player as well.

The ">" is pointless. It doesn't measure the magnitude of how much worse/better one is. With the homecourt alone I'd say we have it locked up.

6. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

I'm actually more scared of the Rockets than I am of the Jazz. We've always had our ways with the Jazz this season, we never really had any problems on their homecourt either. If I'm not mistaken, we've even blew them out a couple of times as well. The Rockets are a different story. We never match up well with them and they always give us a tough time

7. igotask8board

Ever since the Hakeem days the NBA hated the Houston Rockets (maybe before then, but I wasn't old enough to watch the games). Probably because they beat the Knicks the only time they had a shot at being champs in recent history.

I watched some old school games and the Rockets always won there games getting all the calls against them. I watched last years game 7 Rockets vs. Utah and the Rockets got screwed on a lot of calls (especially in the 4th) while Utah traveled on every possession.

I notice the officials only hurt the Rockets when it's still a game, or when they have the momentum.

If you don't believe me, watch game 3 if the Rockets win game 2. That will say it all.

8. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Adelman's dumbest move last night was keeping Novak on the court. He got lost on defense too much and gave up those 2 open threes to Korver. On offense, he was very much a non-factor as well. I understand that Adelman is still experimenting with lineups and all, but if Novak plays any meaningful minutes tomorrow, I'd be pissed.

Also, the way Williams was torching Jackson and Brooks in the 2nd half last night, why didn't Adelman at least try putting Head on him? I know Head isn't a great defender, but he's fairly quick, has more size and strength to not get bumped off course by Williams like Jackson was.

I really don't see us winning this series but game 2 will be the pivotal one. If we drop both home games, then we might as well be swept as chances of winning in Utah are hellishly slim.

9. igotask8board

Injuries make it hard to be a Rockets fan.

Officiating makes it worse.

Result: # of posts by Rockets fans in this thread/Game Two tickets still available 3 hours before the game.

10. igotask8board

Down 2-0

Terrible officiating ALL night...what's new. Just once I wish it went the other way, but the bad calls always find us regardless of whether we're at home or not. This time AK flopped and it cost us the game...One bad call in the first quarter can change a blowout to a loss, tonight it ruined any chance the Rockets had to win it. It's sad, these players played hard all season barring injuries to have the officials rip everything away from them.

I still believe we can take this series to seven games, and anything can happen in a game 7. I just wish it wasn't 8v5.

11. huevonkiller

Student.
    Ugh, it's ridiculous how Houston is about to choke away their 7 point lead in the closing moments of game three.

Step the hell up and stop being so stupid. Offensive foul, open three pointer for Utah, Christ.

The Rockets are now only up by one with 37 seconds left.

12. huevonkiller

Student.
    ~I don't know how T-Mac could miss a last possession shot like that so badly, but at least he was decent in the fourth.

~Holy shit Landry saved Houston. Poor kid lost a tooth too on a Boozer elbow earlier today and even had to leave. Landry should have missed the second free throw, blown chance to close this game out. Only 0.02 left.

~Rockets win, I love it. We (LA) can't have the Jazz getting too much rest.

13. igotask8board

T-Mac was trying to get Kirilenko to foul him. He wanted revenge for that flop, but Andrea wouldn't bite.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ugh, it's ridiculous how Houston is about to choke away their 7 point lead in the closing moments of game three.

Step the hell up and stop being so stupid. Offensive foul, open three pointer for Utah, Christ.

The Rockets are now only up by one with 37 seconds left.</div>

[​IMG]

The Spurs are gonna wreck the Fakers if they somehow get to the WCF. I would rather not see Utah do it, so hopefully the Rockets get a chance to knock the Lakers out next round.

14. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 25 2008, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>T-Mac was trying to get Kirilenko to foul him. He wanted revenge for that flop, but Andrea wouldn't bite.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ugh, it's ridiculous how Houston is about to choke away their 7 point lead in the closing moments of game three.

[​IMG]

The Spurs are gonna wreck the Fakers if they somehow get to the WCF. I would rather not see Utah do it, so hopefully the Rockets get a chance to knock the Lakers out next round.
    </div>

First off, I'm not rooting against the Rockets in this series, and you're immature. Yes the Rockets almost choked it away, but Landry is a tough bastard.

I don't think you're in a position to lecture about who has a fake team or not.

15. igotask8board

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 25 2008, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>T-Mac was trying to get Kirilenko to foul him. He wanted revenge for that flop, but Andrea wouldn't bite.

[​IMG]

</div>

First off, I'm not rooting against the Rockets, and you're immature.
    </div>

If anyone here is immature, it's you. The day Yao went down, you said it was a good thing for the Lakers. Do you see me posting crap about Bynum's injury being a bad and all, but good for the Rockets becauase they have less competition. That is disrespect to Rockets fans, NBA fans, and Yao ming.

16. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 25 2008, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 25 2008, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>T-Mac was trying to get Kirilenko to foul him. He wanted revenge for that flop, but Andrea wouldn't bite.

[​IMG]

</div>

</div>

If anyone here is immature, it's you. The day Yao went down, you said it was a good thing for the Lakers. Do you see me posting crap about Bynum's injury being a bad and all, but good for the Rockets becauase they have less competition. That is disrespect to Rockets fans, NBA fans, and Yao ming.
    </div>

Stop taking me out of ****ing context.

Again, the magnitude of your actions is much worse.

The fashion in which I said that statement was mature. I didn't say "we're gonna wreck dem Fake Rockets now". I merely spoke about empirical truth, whereas you keep running your mouth about who has a fake team or not, which is laughable. I don't remember posting some petulant picture either.

17. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Yeah, go Rockets!

That offensive foul on Tmac was BS, thank god the Rockets won

18. igotask8board

If Rafer's 3 pointer went in, the Lakers would be playing a real Western Conference team. One that understands the words zone and defense.

The Lakers might squeeze to the WCF, but even with a healthy Bynum they don't have the competitiveness to go further. All Phoenix/SA will do is trap Kobe (because he doesn't make his teammates better). The only offense you can hope for his Gasol's mid range jumper, becase everything else will be taken away. Lakers lose in 5.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 25 2008, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 25 2008, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>T-Mac was trying to get Kirilenko to foul him. He wanted revenge for that flop, but Andrea wouldn't bite.

</div>

</div>

</div>

The fashion in which I said that statement was mature. I didn't say "we're gonna wreck dem Fake Rockets now". I merely spoke about empirical truth, whereas you keep running your mouth about who has a fake team or not, which is laughable. I don't remember posting some petulant picture either.
    </div>

Yeah, I just read it and it was worse than I recalled. You were "ecstatic" the threatful Rockets lost Yao Ming.

19. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 25 2008, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, I just read it and it was worse than I recalled. You were "ecstatic" the threatful Rockets lost Yao Ming.</div>

Uh no I was not "ecstatic" about Yao's pain. There is a distinct difference.

Why don't you quote the entire post? I doubt most people would have any problem with it.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>As a Laker fan, <u>I am sorry Yao got hurt but ecstatic that the surging Rockets appear to be done.</u>

Houston really has problems with injuries.
    </div>

You're lying to yourself if you even think that's on the same level. I just want my favorite team to win and I mocked no one in this post, I was also sorry Yao was in any pain. You're not exactly a politically correct guy either.

First, what exactly did you have a problem with in my analysis of tonight's game? Do you have a problem with me rooting for Houston, or is it that you do not believe they were about to gag it all away? Either way, it makes no sense (yes they almost choked), you're just a little pissed off kid that wanted to release some steam. Actually pay attention to what I'm saying next time, or else you're mocking someone that shares exactly your views about the Rockets and that's completely stupid; at least in Round 1.

My case is that you're phrasing my statements in a moronic manner. Of course I'm happy that Yao's out, because now the Lakers have that much a better shot at winning. That's the completely guilt-free aspect of Yao getting hurt. I wish him no pain though nor have I ever. Ideally he would be unable to play games due to being out of shape/etc., but not feel any pain at all. You're at a much more elementary school level in this thread and it is quite apparent.

Frankly you should be happy that Bynum's is not playing, since you don't like the Lakers. If you were happy he was suffering, that would be a different case, and sadistic. You're generalizing and using your lousy memory to link these two concepts together. Humans are capable of complex emotions; at least I am.

20. xCLAVEx

xCLAVEx JBB JustBBall Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 25 2008, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 25 2008, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>T-Mac was trying to get Kirilenko to foul him. He wanted revenge for that flop, but Andrea wouldn't bite.

[​IMG]

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

Don't come into the Rockets forum, bash the team, then expect a warm welcome. Go stick with your Lakers if you wish to hear candy replies.