Round 1: Rockets vs. Jazz Official Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by igotask8board, Apr 17, 2008.

1. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xCLAVEx @ Apr 25 2008, 05:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Don't come into the Rockets forum, bash the team, then expect a warm welcome. Go stick with your Lakers if you wish to hear candy replies.</div>

Well that would be a very valid thing to say if I had bashed the Rockets. There are two separate issues that igotask, and you, incorrectly linked.

2. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Yo! Carl Landry got a tooth knocked out, haha.

<div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UTsZBYgzxlk&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UTsZBYgzxlk&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div>

SAME ONE AS ME!

We're like twins, that's so cool. He's become my new favorite Rocket.

3. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ugh, it's ridiculous how Houston is about to choke away their 7 point lead in the closing moments of game three.</div>

That's T-Mac bashing, you know what you meant. Anytime you associate an injury depleted Rockets team with choking, that's bashing. They did not choke, T-Mac did not choke. The Jazz hit some nice shots in the last minute, mainly because Battier was playing on one foot. T-Mac/Rafer/Landry/Battier are all playing a physical series with injuries. Being ecstatic about the Rockets chances when Yao gets injured, and then saying you are cheering for them when they do make the playoffs simply becuase you would rather face an injured Rockets or a tired Jazz team does not give you the benefit of the doubt.

4. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 26 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ugh, it's ridiculous how Houston is about to choke away their 7 point lead in the closing moments of game three.</div>

That's T-Mac bashing, you know what you meant. Anytime you associate an injury depleted Rockets team with choking, that's bashing. They did not choke, T-Mac did not choke. The Jazz hit some nice shots in the last minute, mainly because Battier was playing on one foot. T-Mac/Rafer/Landry/Battier are all playing a physical series with injuries. Being ecstatic about the Rockets chances when Yao gets injured, and then saying you are cheering for them when they do make the playoffs simply becuase you would rather face an injured Rockets or a tired Jazz team does not give you the benefit of the doubt.
    </div>

No, again you are incorrect.

You're crazy, T-Mac turned the ball over, they gave Utah an open look from three point land, and T-Mac barely touched rim on a jumpshot, in the span of about three possessions at the end of the game, that's why I made the statement. It was a one point game that the Rockets almost choked away at the time. They were struggling, but I never put any overall blame on T-Mac. T-Mac had a solid fourth quarter overall, I watched the game.

I never said, T-Mac is choking, I said Houston is choking it away.

I do know you acted like a little kid right after that post though, because you jump to conclusions or have problems with reading comprehension.

I'm also rooting for the Rockets so that T-Mac will get the first round negativity past him. He gets undeserved heat.

5. igotask8board

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ugh, it's ridiculous how Houston is about to choke away their 7 point lead in the closing moments of game three.</div>

YOU ARE WRONG.

6. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 27 2008, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ugh, it's ridiculous how Houston is about to choke away their 7 point lead in the closing moments of game three.</div>

YOU ARE WRONG.
    </div>
    "I never said, T-Mac is choking, I said Houston is choking it away."

What? [​IMG]

I don't think huevon was trying to bash the team, you're probably just taking it out of context. He was just posting what he observed during the game. That is all

7. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 27 2008, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ugh, it's ridiculous how Houston is about to choke away their 7 point lead in the closing moments of game three.</div>

YOU ARE WRONG.
    </div>

Real smooth.

You're basically saying if anyone slightly criticizes Houston, you'll act like a little baby. That's on you. I know exactly what I meant by that statement, I have explained it to you already.

Grow up, explain to me why I am wrong, preferably not in CAPS LOCK KID.

8. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I was hoping the Rockets would win the series because they are entertaining match-up every time the Lakers play them. I also feel bad for TMac, watching him struggle to carry his team reminds of the burden Kobe had to endure the past two seasons.

In the 4th quarter only two Rocket players had more than two field goals made in the game, TMac & Scola, that is just pathetic. The Jazz were forcing the other players to beat them and no one stepped up. TMac is going to take most of the heat for the Rockets getting bounced again, but he was making the right decisions with the basketball by swinging it to wide open shooters. Bobby Jackson missed wide open shots time and time again, but Adelman stuck with him for some reason.

I was surprised the Rockets didn't play Luther Head more in this series. He's a capable shooter and he's also familiar with Deron Williams game, having played with him in college.

9. igotask8board

YOU ARE WRONG.
    </div>

Did Houston choke away there 7 point lead? No. "Ugh, it's ridiculous how Houston is about to choke away their 7 point lead..."

You are wrong. Eat crow.

10. igotask8board

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shapecity @ May 3 2008, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I was hoping the Rockets would win the series because they are entertaining match-up every time the Lakers play them. I also feel bad for TMac, watching him struggle to carry his team reminds of the burden Kobe had to endure the past two seasons.

In the 4th quarter only two Rocket players had more than two field goals made in the game, TMac & Scola, that is just pathetic. The Jazz were forcing the other players to beat them and no one stepped up. TMac is going to take most of the heat for the Rockets getting bounced again, but he was making the right decisions with the basketball by swinging it to wide open shooters. Bobby Jackson missed wide open shots time and time again, but Adelman stuck with him for some reason.

I was surprised the Rockets didn't play Luther Head more in this series. He's a capable shooter and he's also familiar with Deron Williams game, having played with him in college.</div>

I wanted to see Head as well, but I think the Jazz are too physical for him. He thinks he is not good enough to compete, so he will work hard this offseason. I expect to see a new player next season.

Yao/Hayes/Woods
    Scola/Landry/Harris
    Battier/Novak/Harris
    T-Mac/Head/Francis
    Rafer/Brooks/Jackson

With that line up healthy, I see them facing the Spurs/Lakers/Hornets next season in the WCF. I know there will probably be a lot of moves this offseason with a lot of new coaches being hired. But I don't see the Rockets in any of them unless it's a trade involving our pick and Battier for Artest.

Anyways, sweep the Jazz.

11. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 3 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ Apr 27 2008, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 25 2008, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ugh, it's ridiculous how Houston is about to choke away their 7 point lead in the closing moments of game three.</div>

YOU ARE WRONG.
    </div>

Did Houston choke away there 7 point lead? No. "Ugh, it's ridiculous how Houston is about to choke away their 7 point lead..."

You are wrong. Eat crow.
    </div>

Lol, I said "Ugh" because I didn't want Houston to choke away their lead and they were almost about to do it. You've completely misinterpreted the phrase I used, or just refuse to act like a fuckin' adult.

Nowhere did I state I knew for certain they would lose the game, what a joke argument you have. I talk like that about the Lakers all the time when they're about to blow something. That doesn't mean I dislike them.

You're wrong because you don't take the time to interpret my posts, I can't eat crow over things I didn't claim. You're also getting very immature over minor comments even if they had been said. Improve your reading comprehension so this doesn't happen again.

12. igotask8board

Ugh, it's ridiculous how Houston is about to choke away their 7 point lead in the closing moments of game three.

I don't care that you wanted to play a tired Jazz team, or that you would rather have the Rockets facing the Lakers.

You thought they were about to choke. They didn't. That is what I read. You were incorrect.

If anything, you made it sound like the Rockets were down and about to lose the game.

13. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 5 2008, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You thought they were about to choke. They didn't. That is what I read. You were incorrect.

If anything, you made it sound like the Rockets were down and about to lose the game.</div>

I merely said they were at the brink of collapsing, which is a fact. You make it sound like I was hoping they would lose, which is completely different.

No shit, I say bad stuff about the Lakers all the time when they play bad. The Rockets played bad up to that point, and I called them out on it. If that's not allowed then you are implying criticism of your team is never possible.

I was not incorrect about anything, because I was making game notes genius. That means I merely reflect what is occurring in a game at that particular moment. Again, your reading skills are poor or you're stubborn.

14. igotask8board

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 5 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 5 2008, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You thought they were about to choke. They didn't. That is what I read. You were incorrect.

If anything, you made it sound like the Rockets were down and about to lose the game.</div>

I merely said they were at the brink of collapsing, which is a fact. You make it sound like I was hoping
    </div>

Im not gonna read the rest of your post. I'm tired of this. I TOLD YOU WHAT I READ, AND WHAT I INTERPRETED. Stop reading into it because that's not what I said.

15. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 9 2008, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 5 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 5 2008, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You thought they were about to choke. They didn't. That is what I read. You were incorrect.

I merely said they were at the brink of collapsing, which is a fact. You make it sound like I was hoping
    </div>

Im not gonna read the rest of your post. I'm tired of this. I TOLD YOU WHAT I READ, AND WHAT I INTERPRETED. Stop reading into it because that's not what I said.
    </div>

That's your problem, you're too lazy to read a couple of extra sentences. I gave the exact and correct interpretation of my post, choose to be ignorant then.

16. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

just thought I'd drop in to give my 2 cents. As much as I bash Tmac, he just didn't have enough fire power, and we failed to execute properly on both ends of the court down the stretch. Tmac was a cake for scoring 1 point in the first 2 4th quarters, but overall I can't put all the blame on his shoulders this season..................hopefully Luther Head and Bobby Jackson are on their way out, hopefully Novak gets more playing time next year, and hopefully a miracle happens and we sign Ron Artest this offseason.

R.I.P. 2007-2008 Houston Rockets. Thanx for the 22 game winning streak........

17. The Dream

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>My case is that you're phrasing my statements in a moronic manner. Of course I'm happy that Yao's out, because now the Lakers have that much a better shot at winning. That's the completely guilt-free aspect of Yao getting hurt. I wish him no pain though nor have I ever. Ideally he would be unable to play games due to being out of shape/etc., but not feel any pain at all. You're at a much more elementary school level in this thread and it is quite apparent.

Frankly you should be happy that Bynum's is not playing, since you don't like the Lakers. If you were happy he was suffering, that would be a different case, and sadistic. You're generalizing and using your lousy memory to link these two concepts together. Humans are capable of complex emotions; at least I am.</div>

this is just kinda weak homie, lol. Yeah I want the rockets to win at all cost, but as a basketball fan I like when a team has their full roster healthy, that way there are no excuses when someone loses. As a B-ball fan I hated see Wade go down last year, a couple of years ago I hated seeing Kobe sit out most of the season, I hated to see Yao go down, etc. I'm never happy when someone else gets injured..............unless it's malone or stockton...........

18. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dream @ May 12 2008, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>My case is that you're phrasing my statements in a moronic manner. Of course I'm happy that Yao's out, because now the Lakers have that much a better shot at winning. That's the completely guilt-free aspect of Yao getting hurt. I wish him no pain though nor have I ever. Ideally he would be unable to play games due to being out of shape/etc., but not feel any pain at all. You're at a much more elementary school level in this thread and it is quite apparent.

Frankly you should be happy that Bynum's is not playing, since you don't like the Lakers. If you were happy he was suffering, that would be a different case, and sadistic. You're generalizing and using your lousy memory to link these two concepts together. Humans are capable of complex emotions; at least I am.</div>

this is just kinda weak homie, lol. Yeah I want the rockets to win at all cost, but as a basketball fan I like when a team has their full roster healthy, that way there are no excuses when someone loses. As a B-ball fan I hated see Wade go down last year, a couple of years ago I hated seeing Kobe sit out most of the season, I hated to see Yao go down, etc. I'm never happy when someone else gets injured..............unless it's malone or stockton...........
    </div>
    lol at the last bit.

I do feel for the Rockets mainly because they haven't made it out of the first round, and people always bring that statistic up to point them out as a failure, but they have been competitive and have always had a tough first round matchup and earning a 4th or 5th seed. They tended to go to 7 games, and have had injury problems. I don't like superstars getting injured, it just lessens the quality of NBA competition, and Yao is one of the few elite centers in the league.

19. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dream @ May 12 2008, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>My case is that you're phrasing my statements in a moronic manner. Of course I'm happy that Yao's out, because now the Lakers have that much a better shot at winning. That's the completely guilt-free aspect of Yao getting hurt. I wish him no pain though nor have I ever. Ideally he would be unable to play games due to being out of shape/etc., but not feel any pain at all. You're at a much more elementary school level in this thread and it is quite apparent.

</div>

Nah homie ;[ . You just don't like to hear people talk about Yao like that.

The urge to see my teams win is greater than anything else. All I care about is the W, I'll take a cheap dirty win since people like Wade can get away with 25 FTs in a Championship game in this league (I don't want my own people to harm the opponents though, let me clarify that). It's nothing personal.

When they look at your resume at the end, a few years after you retire, people will mostly forget if the competition was injured in the First Round of the post-season or not, they'll focus on your performance instead. A bunch of the people you have analyzed and given praise to for winning, Dream, exploited their competition regardless of their health.

20. The Dream

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Nah homie ;[ . You just don't like to hear people talk about Yao like that.

The urge to see my teams win is greater than anything else. All I care about is the W, I'll take a cheap dirty win since people like Wade can get away with 25 FTs in a Championship game in this league (I don't want my own people to harm the opponents though, let me clarify that). It's nothing personal.

When they look at your resume at the end, a few years after you retire, people will mostly forget if the competition was injured in the First Round of the post-season or not, they'll focus on your performance instead. A bunch of the people you have analyzed and given praise to for winning, Dream, exploited their competition regardless of their health.</div>

no one is saying "take it easy" on an opponent, because they're not healthy. I like my team to get the W at all cost also, but to wish harm on another individual so you won't have to play that team at their full strength in some ways makes you look like you are "afraid" of what your competition can do at full strength. A true competitor would want all the weapons available on the oppossing team AND still beat their brains in regardless. I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing you on this one.........

If the rockets were the only healthy team next year in the playoffs while Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, Nash, Shaq, Lebron, KG, Wade, etc. were all injured I wouldn't take much gratification in winning a title......