Round 1: Rockets vs. Jazz Official Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by igotask8board, Apr 17, 2008.

1. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dream @ May 12 2008, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>no one is saying "take it easy" on an opponent, because they're not healthy. I like my team to get the W at all cost also, but to wish harm on another individual so you won't have to play that team at their full strength in some ways makes you look like you are "afraid" of what your competition can do at full strength. A true competitor would want all the weapons available on the oppossing team AND still beat their brains in regardless. I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing you on this one.........</div>

This is a case of semantics.

<u>Wish</u> harm to an individual? Not exactly Dream, but I'm not exactly complaining about Yao getting hurt.

A true competitor enjoys winning no matter what.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If the rockets were the only healthy team next year in the playoffs while Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, Nash, Shaq, Lebron, KG, Wade, etc. were all injured I wouldn't take much gratification in winning a title......</div>

I'd only agree with you in this instance or something close to it. It won't ever happen though, but I do believe there is a "saturation point", where the injuries of the playoffs overshadow everything else. However, it is extremely unlikely that so many Superstars would get injured in one post-season. If one guy like Yao is hurt it detracts practically nothing from the Championship's team accomplishment, and that is the case presented before your eyes up to this moment in the playoffs.

You can say what you want about injuries,but almost every year some injury-prone star misses games and that's their problem not mine. You already said you wouldn't mind seeing Malone or Stockton miss any games either (don't try to play it off as a joke [​IMG]).

2. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

Who said I don't like the Lakers? I don't like Lakers fans who get all giddy when an NBA superstar gets injured. Fans that think everything is rightfully theirs, because they think they are the center of the universe.

3. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 14 2008, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Who said I don't like the Lakers? I don't like Lakers fans who get all giddy when an NBA superstar gets injured. Fans that think everything is rightfully theirs, because they think they are the center of the universe.</div>

Well I don't get "giddy" about anything, and prefer to argue with someone who's willing to read what I say instead of stopping at the first sentence.

4. igotask8board

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 12 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>When they look at your resume at the end, a few years after you retire, people will mostly forget if the competition was injured in the First Round of the post-season or not, they'll focus on your performance instead. A bunch of the people you have analyzed and given praise to for winning, Dream, exploited their competition regardless of their health.</div>

Ever since you said that crap about Yao, all I can think about is what everyone says about the Rockets 2 championships. The only reason they won was because Jordan retired. They completely ingnore the fact that Jordan came back during the 94 season and was knocked out by the Orlando Magic. They say he wasn't in shape, yet he managed to average Jordanesque numbers, putting up 30+ ppg. He came back in mid March, and put up 55 points against the Knicks before April.

Then they say the only reason the Rockets beat the Knicks was because Patrick Ewing was injured. Hakeem simply dominated Ewing. This is why I think it's terrible news when any NBA player gets injured, and hope they can recover.

It sucks to not get the respect you deserve for winning when the media blames injuries. But the media loves LA, hates Houston, and loves NY even though they suck balls. Maybe that's why you're happy.

5. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 14 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 12 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>When they look at your resume at the end, a few years after you retire, people will mostly forget if the competition was injured in the First Round of the post-season or not, they'll focus on your performance instead. A bunch of the people you have analyzed and given praise to for winning, Dream, exploited their competition regardless of their health.</div>

Ever since you said that crap about Yao, all I can think about is what everyone says about the Rockets 2 championships. The only reason they won was because Jordan retired. They completely ingnore the fact that Jordan came back during the 94 season and was knocked out by the Knicks. They say he wasn't in shape, yet he managed to average Jordanesque numbers, putting up 30+ ppg and scoring 50+ points in one of the games.

Then they say the only reason the Rockets beat the Knicks was because Patrick Ewing was injured. Hakeem simply dominated Ewing.

It sucks to not get the respect you deserve for winning when the media blames injuries. But the media love LA, hates Houston, and loves NY even though they suck balls. So maybe that's why your happy.
    </div>
    Jordan was completely gone the first year the Rockets won.

Jordan didn't play against the Knicks that year either, it was the year after that he came back and the Bulls got knocked out by the Magic. And he never had a 50 point game in that series.

6. igotask8board

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 14 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 14 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 12 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>When they look at your resume at the end, a few years after you retire, people will mostly forget if the competition was injured in the First Round of the post-season or not, they'll focus on your performance instead. A bunch of the people you have analyzed and given praise to for winning, Dream, exploited their competition regardless of their health.</div>

Ever since you said that crap about Yao, all I can think about is what everyone says about the Rockets 2 championships. The only reason they won was because Jordan retired. They completely ingnore the fact that Jordan came back during the 94 season and was knocked out by the Knicks. They say he wasn't in shape, yet he managed to average Jordanesque numbers, putting up 30+ ppg and scoring 50+ points in one of the games.

Then they say the only reason the Rockets beat the Knicks was because Patrick Ewing was injured. Hakeem simply dominated Ewing.

It sucks to not get the respect you deserve for winning when the media blames injuries. But the media love LA, hates Houston, and loves NY even though they suck balls. So maybe that's why your happy.
    </div>

Jordan didn't play against the Knicks that year either, it was the year after that he came back and the Bulls got knocked out by the Magic. And he never had a 50 point game in that series.
    </div>
    I was watching the game as I typed that. I corrected it right after I reread it.

Who cares if Jordan was completely gone the first year.

People look at Dreams resume after he retired and say Jordan was retired the years he won his 2 rings. You can't control injuries. If injuries don't matter, why should it matter if a player is retired?

The Rockets won 3/4 games against the Bulls the 4 times they met in 92-94

[​IMG]

What should have been.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 12 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You can say what you want about injuries,but almost every year some injury-prone star</div>

It's not fair to say Yao is injury prone. His knee injury was caused in a game where a player crashed into his knee. His foot injury was caused in the game because Okur stuck his foot out. The last injury was because he has been playing basketball year round in China and the NBA. He was averaging 40+ mpg. Big men shouldn't be averaging that many minutes in the NBA while playing basketball year round. A bone stress fracture in his leg is not surprising.

7. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 15 2008, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 14 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 14 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 12 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>When they look at your resume at the end, a few years after you retire, people will mostly forget if the competition was injured in the First Round of the post-season or not, they'll focus on your performance instead. A bunch of the people you have analyzed and given praise to for winning, Dream, exploited their competition regardless of their health.</div>

</div>

</div>
    I was watching the game as I typed that. I corrected it right after I reread it.

People look at Dreams resume after he retired and say Jordan was retired the years he won his 2 rings. You can't control injuries. If injuries don't matter, why should it matter if a player is retired?

[​IMG]

What should have been.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 12 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You can say what you want about injuries,but almost every year some injury-prone star</div>

It's not fair to say Yao is injury prone. His knee injury was caused in a game where a player crashed into his knee. His foot injury was caused in the game because Okur stuck his foot out. The last injury was because he has been playing basketball year round in China and the NBA. He was averaging 40+ mpg. Big men shouldn't be averaging that many minutes in the NBA while playing basketball year round. A bone stress fracture in his leg is not surprising.
    </div>

I wasn't taking credit from the Rockets, I don't even care. I was simply correcting the mistakes you made in your previous post.

And when I was talking about injury prone players, I wasn't referring to Yao specifically but he certainly is starting to appear brittle.

Lol at your "should have been" thing though, what's up with that? Funny, hardly a body of evidence.

8. igotask8board

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 15 2008, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 15 2008, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 14 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 14 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 12 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>When they look at your resume at the end, a few years after you retire, people will mostly forget if the competition was injured in the First Round of the post-season or not, they'll focus on your performance instead. A bunch of the people you have analyzed and given praise to for winning, Dream, exploited their competition regardless of their health.</div>

</div>

</div>

[​IMG]

What should have been.

</div>

I wasn't taking credit from the Rockets, I don't even care. I was simply correcting the mistakes you made in your previous post.

And when I was talking about injury prone players, I wasn't referring to Yao specifically but he certainly is starting to appear brittle.

Lol at your "should have been" thing though, what's up with that? Funny, hardly a body of evidence.
    </div>

It is all the evidence I need. "Hakeem Block's Jordan From Getting His 4th Ring In A Row."

That and the fact that the Rockets won 3/4 games against that Bulls team with Jordan.

9. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 15 2008, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It is all the evidence I need.</div>

Oh I'm sure it is, homer. :]

10. huevonkiller

Student.
    I was looking at some game log information, and I did not see any games played between the MJ-Bulls and the Rockets during their Championship seasons.

11. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

I thought Jordan was retired when the Rockets got their two rings.

12. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (o.iatlhawksfan @ May 15 2008, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I thought Jordan was retired when the Rockets got their two rings.</div>

He played at the end of the second season the Rockets won. 17 regular season games and the playoffs.

13. igotask8board

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 15 2008, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (o.iatlhawksfan @ May 15 2008, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I thought Jordan was retired when the Rockets got their two rings.</div>

He played at the end of the second season the Rockets won. 17 regular season games and the playoffs.
    </div>

I said, The Rockets won 3/4 games against the Bulls the 4 times they met in 92-94. That was when the Bulls team had Jordan, and were at their peak.

Fri, Dec 11, 1992 @ Chicago Bull W 110-96
    Thu, Jan 28, 1993 Chicago Bulls W 94-83

91-92 Season 42-40, Finished 3rd in NBA Midwest Division
    The Rocekts sucked and had some injuries, but they still split with Chicago.

They dominated Jordan's Bulls. Especially the 1st 3peat Bulls.
    Thu, Jan 3, 1991 Chicago Bulls W 114-92
    Mon, Mar 25, 1991 @ Chicago Bulls W 100-90
    Thu, Feb 1, 1990 Chicago Bulls W 139-112

Still, the Rockets had their chance to play the Jordan Bulls in 97, but lost to the Jazz thanks to thad damn 3 by Stockton. That was such a bs game, especially the last 2 minutes. Hakeem was fouled by Ostertag-no call, they called the foul out on Ostertag 3 seconds later when he fouled Barkley on the 2nd tip in. Then Stockton traveled and made 2 points. Finally the infamous bear hug by Malone on Drexler that freed up Stockton for the three. There was exactly .4 seconds left on the clock when he made that 3, but since the Jazz players ran out on the floor they decided the game was over. This is where that 3 seconds comes back to bite you in the ass.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/utah-jaz...-game/705932145
    Here's the last two minutes of that crappy ass game if you don't believe me.

Sun, Jan 19, 1997 (69 Wins) Chicago Bulls W 102 86
    Player--------- MP---- FG------ FGA-------- FG% ------3P ------3PA -------3P%
    Michael Jordan 43---- 8 ------25 -------- .320 ------- 1 ------ 6 ------.167

Karma is great. The NBA was worried the Rockets would beat Jordan, so they did what they had to do. At least they screwed Utah in the finals.
    <div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Ra9ni9_C7A&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Ra9ni9_C7A&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div>
    [video=youtube;gGSiEEpF3WM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGSiEEpF3WM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGSiEEpF3WM[/video] read the description. [​IMG] I love it!

14. igotask8board

<span style="font-family:Arial Black">Houston Rockets </span>
    [​IMG][​IMG]

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Utah Jizz</span>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. huevonkiller

Student.
    Congrats, not only have the Rockets never played against the Bulls with Jordan during the years they won, but their records during the year before and after their Championship run, the Bulls split every game with Houston. You've proven nothing.

One year before Rockets Run:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pgl...1&year=1993

When Jordan Returned for last 17 games of regular season:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pgl...1&year=1995

One year after Rockets Run
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pgl...1&year=1996

16. igotask8board

The Rockets did not split with the Bulls the year before there chamionship run. They beat them twice. They had big game players like Hakeem, Drexler, Horrry, Cassel, and Maxwell. Sometimes they played down to their opponents, but they did not view the Jordanless Bulls as a big game.
    That split without MJ is moot.

Jordan returned to a bigger and better Bulls team for his second 3peat. They aqcuired Dennis Rodman for Will Purdue the biggest scrub nobody. That is why I compared the Rockets teams to the first 3peat Bulls. After the Rockets gave up Sam Cassell and Robert Horry for Barkley, they split with the 69 wins Bulls team.

The Rockets won the previous 3/4 games against the first 3peat Bulls before the Rockets won their two championships.

"Fri, Dec 11, 1992 @ Chicago Bull W 110-96

"

If Jordan never retired, he would have 6 rings.

17. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 15 2008, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Jordan returned to a bigger and better Bulls team for his second 3peat. They aqcuired Dennis Rodman for some scrub. That is why I compared the Rockets teams to the first 3peat Bulls. But they still split with the second 3peat Bulls.

The Rockets beat the first 3peat Bulls 3/4 times in the 2 seasons before the Rockets won their two championships.

"Fri, Dec 11, 1992 @ Chicago Bull W 110-96

"

If Jordan never retired, he would have 6 rings.</div>

And they got swept the season after. Your body of evidence is so small, it's no wonder that your small lead over the Bulls was overcome.

18. igotask8board

I added something to the top of that last post. Those Rockets were big game players. The Jordanless Bulls were not viewed as contenders.

How is it small. The Rockets beat the first 3peat Bulls team by huge margins.

110-96
    94-83
    114-92
    100-90
    139-112

They were better.

19. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 15 2008, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I added something to the top of that last post. Those Rockets were big game players. The Jordanless Bulls were not viewed as contenders.

How is it small. The Rockets beat the first 3peat Bulls team by huge margins.

110-96
    94-83
    114-92
    100-90
    139-112

They were better.</div>

Lmao, the Rockets weren't consistent enough to get into the Finals to pound on these Bulls. They lost and that's their problem.

In 1991-1992, The Bulls split the series again.

All the years surrounding their championship run, they only tie the Bulls in about a 6 year period. Otherwise when they won the season series, the way the Bobcats play well against the modern-day Lakers, their sorry roster didn't deserve to play against them.

The Bulls can't go 82-0, they're bound to lose some games. Your case is very weak.

20. igotask8board