Round 1: Rockets vs. Jazz Official Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by igotask8board, Apr 17, 2008.

1. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Otherwise when they won the season series, the way the Bobcats play well against the modern-day Lakers, their sorry roster didn't deserve to play against them.</div>

in the late 80's and early 90's the rockets beat up on the bulls huevon. The bulls finally started to beat the rockets only after Hakeem was passing his prime (clyde was also getting older, the team was having injury problems, the team was changing, etc.). There's actually a thread on clutchfans in which Jordans STATES to the houston chronicle "that he hopes the rockets don't make it out of the west, because we can't beat them"....there were also other assistant coaches on the bulls who were quoted at that time of fearing Houston.........................and who knows if not for being screwed in a game late in the season in '93 which allowed the sonics to have home court advantage, we might have made it to the finals. Even AFTER Hakeem was past his prime Luc Longley admitted to not wanting any part of Hakeem in a 7 game series and stated that he'd rather face the jazz. Hakeem and Jordan even had conversations about their potential matchup after their careers were over, and both admitted that it would have been a great series. Jordan called Olajuwon the best center ever to play the game, so that should tell you about the respect the two men had for one another as competitors. Comparing the pathetic ass bobcats to a team with one of the best players ever, in an era which was much better than this current one is lame...........

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=142418

^^^take a look for yourself. No one is trying to say that the rockets would've won without a doubt, because the bulls were tough, but the rockets just matched up extremely well with the bulls.

2. The Dream

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>After a loss on his home floor at Chicago Stadium in 1993, Jordan said, "We have no answer for the big guy. It's a good thing they won't ever make it to the (NBA) Finals, because I don't think we could beat them."</div>

proof is in the pudding............................could these words be coming from the unbeatable MJ““?

anyways whenever someone tries to bring up the "what if" Jordan had been there, I bring up the "what if" Ralph Sampson wouldn't have ever got injured.......A young and inexperienced Dream and Ralph were kicking the 80's Lakers ass in 5 games, and giving the Celtics all they could handle even without their backcourt.............if the bulls couldn't even stop Hakeem, I seriously doubt their stopping Hakeem and Ralph.......

3. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dream @ May 17 2008, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>After a loss on his home floor at Chicago Stadium in 1993, Jordan said, "We have no answer for the big guy. It's a good thing they won't ever make it to the (NBA) Finals, because I don't think we could beat them."</div>

proof is in the pudding............................could these words be coming from the unbeatable MJ?€œ?€œ?

anyways whenever someone tries to bring up the "what if" Jordan had been there, I bring up the "what if" Ralph Sampson wouldn't have ever got injured.......A young and inexperienced Dream and Ralph were kicking the 80's Lakers ass in 5 games, and giving the Celtics all they could handle even without their backcourt.............if the bulls couldn't even stop Hakeem, I seriously doubt their stopping Hakeem and Ralph.......
    </div>
    If I'm not mistaken, 1992-1993 is the only year the Rockets beat the Bulls twice in a ten year period.

Your excuses are disgusting, from 1987-1997, the Bulls split their games with the Rockets. Early 90's, late 80's, whatever, they handled the Rockets just fine. In a playoff series the Rockets wouldn't even have home court, and a 10 year period more than covers Hakeem's prime.

The Blazers match up well against the LA Lakers right now, but they don't deserve anything. Get through the playoffs, no one cares about your excuses or choking.

4. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dream @ May 17 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Otherwise when they won the season series, the way the Bobcats play well against the modern-day Lakers, their sorry roster didn't deserve to play against them.</div>

in the late 80's and early 90's the rockets beat up on the bulls huevon. The bulls finally started to beat the rockets only after Hakeem was passing his prime (clyde was also getting older, the team was having injury problems, the team was changing, etc.). There's actually a thread on clutchfans in which Jordans STATES to the houston chronicle "that he hopes the rockets don't make it out of the west, because we can't beat them"....there were also other assistant coaches on the bulls who were quoted at that time of fearing Houston.........................and who knows if not for being screwed in a game late in the season in '93 which allowed the sonics to have home court advantage, we might have made it to the finals. Even AFTER Hakeem was past his prime Luc Longley admitted to not wanting any part of Hakeem in a 7 game series and stated that he'd rather face the jazz. Hakeem and Jordan even had conversations about their potential matchup after their careers were over, and both admitted that it would have been a great series. Jordan called Olajuwon the best center ever to play the game, so that should tell you about the respect the two men had for one another as competitors. Comparing the pathetic ass bobcats to a team with one of the best players ever, in an era which was much better than this current one is lame...........

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=142418

^^^take a look for yourself. No one is trying to say that the rockets would've won without a doubt, because the bulls were tough, but the rockets just matched up extremely well with the bulls.
    </div>

LOL They didn't even lead in their series against the Bulls (without Jordan), in 1993/1994.

5. The Dream

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If I'm not mistaken, 1992-1993 is the only year the Rockets beat the Bulls twice in a ten year period.

Your excuses are disgusting, from 1987-1997, the Bulls split their games with the Rockets. Early 90's, late 80's, whatever, they handled the Rockets just fine. In a playoff series the Rockets wouldn't even have home court, and a 10 year period more than covers Hakeem's prime.</div>

What excuses“?... I didn't bring up any excuses for anyone, I just stated the fact that MJ dickriders, and people who didn't follow the rockets back then (which you probably didn't) claim that the rockets wouldn't have won their titles are misguided.......and during the bulls title years in the early 90's, the Bulls didn't "split" with the rockets. The fact that coaches, players (even MJ himself which you seemed to totally ignore), etc. noticed that Houston was indeed a bad matchup for them, to the point where someone said "we can't beat them" speaks volumes.

1990/1991: CHI 2 0 214 182 1.000
    1991/1992: CHI 1 1 205 216 .500
    1992/1993: CHI 2 0 204 179 1.000

5-1 against a team = ownage, and is exactly why Jordan made the comments that he made. Vernon Maxwell was a pretty tough defender that played Jordan just as good as anyone else. The bulls on the other hand had "no one" to guard Hakeem....I repeat no one.

I bring up thse specific years, because

A.) Both Hakeem and Jordan were in their primes
    B.) Both teams rosters were the one's they won titles with....
    C.) Both teams were relatively healthy

which leads me to believe with both men being in their primes with the rosters they won titles with would = a good ass series.......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>LOL They didn't even lead in their series against the Bulls (without Jordan), in 1993/1994.</div>

I actually remember watching this game (I have good basketball memory).....I know we had some injuries that night (i remember mario elie being out for sure...maybe even someone else)

EDIT

nope just checked it, everyone was healthy...since I'm honest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Blazers match up well against the LA Lakers right now, but they don't deserve anything. Get through the playoffs, no one cares about your excuses or choking.</div>

LOL @ comparing the lakers to the bulls, and LOL @ comparing the blazers to the Rockets....I see what you're "trying" to say, but it was much different.

6. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>What excuses“?...</div>

See below where you start talking about Mario Elie. Pathetic man, seriously.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't bring up any excuses for anyone, I just stated the fact that MJ dickriders, and people who didn't follow the rockets back then (which you probably didn't) claim that the rockets wouldn't have won their titles are misguided.......</div>

I don't state facts? MJ Beat the Rockets 2-0 or tied the series with some other inferior teams of his.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>and during the bulls title years in the early 90's, the Bulls didn't "split" with the rockets. The fact that coaches, players (even MJ himself which you seemed to totally ignore), etc. noticed that Houston was indeed a bad matchup for them, to the point where someone said "we can't beat them" speaks volumes.

1990/1991: CHI 2 0 214 182 1.000
    1991/1992: CHI 1 1 205 216 .500
    1992/1993: CHI 2 0 204 179 1.000

5-1 against a team = ownage, and is exactly why Jordan made the comments that he made. Vernon Maxwell was a pretty tough defender that played Jordan just as good as anyone else. The bulls on the other hand had "no one" to guard Hakeem....I repeat no one.</div>
    Lol wtf, 1991-1992 the Rockets owned the Bulls? Um no. The other two years are the only ones the Rockets ever did well in, and that's just the regular season son.

1987-1988, Jordan beat the Rockets twice with a bad team. The year Jordan came back from the start of the season, and developed a chemistry with the Bulls, he was untouchable. Another 2-0.

And what about when the Rockets couldn't beat up the Bulls without Jordan in their championship years? I would say the Bulls owned them considering the circumstances.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I bring up thse specific years, because

A.) Both Hakeem and Jordan were in their primes
    B.) Both teams rosters were the one's they won titles with....
    C.) Both teams were relatively healthy

which leads me to believe with both men being in their primes with the rosters they won titles with would = a good ass series.......</div>

You can't used years the Rockets choked in as proof. Further, adding Jordan to their 93/94 teams would probably tip the ten/twelve year series more in favor of the Bulls.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I actually remember watching this game (I have good basketball memory).....I know we had some injuries that night (i remember mario elie being out for sure...maybe even someone else)</div>

Lol Elie? He has below average production, and he's not an interior defender....

MJ, or Elie and another scrub, I wonder what's better to have.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>LOL @ comparing the lakers to the bulls, and LOL @ comparing the blazers to the Rockets....I see what you're "trying" to say, but it was much different.</div>

Yeah it is different, because the Blazers would probably dominate the Lakers if Kobe retired. LOL.

Of course the Lakers/Blazers aren't the Bulls/Rockets. The point is teams always give certain teams good match-ups, that doesn't mean that they deserve championship respect or that they'll win a tight playoff series if they don't have homecourt.

The Rockets weren't good enough, too bad.

7. The Dream

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>See below where you start talking about Mario Elie. Pathetic man, seriously.</div>

I was just stating a reason, which turned out not to be true...anways that's not the point I'm making...the following are...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I don't state facts? MJ Beat the Rockets 2-0 or tied the series with some other inferior teams of his.</div>

more proof that you don't know the rockets...I'm guessing we're not taking into consideration the crap Hakeem had to play with all those years. It was so bad that the Rockets actually thought about trading him (similar to the kobe situation) for Vlade Divac!!!!...Only a person who "followed" the rockets would know this though......which you didn't....so it figures you don't know what you're talking about.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Lol wtf, 1991-1992 the Rockets owned the Bulls? Um no. The other two years are the only ones the Rockets ever did well in, and that's just the regular season son.</div>

so I'm guessing we don't see the other matchups either...I'm guessing we didn't see the MJ quote““...I'm guessing we didn't see a 5-1 ownage...I'm just guessing“?......son.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>1987-1988, Jordan beat the Rockets twice with a bad team. The year Jordan came back from the start of the season, and developed a chemistry with the Bulls, he was untouchable.</div>

duh, cause that's the year Ralph Sampson was injured (once again you don't "know" rockets history like me, you simply look up stats and act as if you "know" what happened)...This was the injury plagued rockets team that in the previous year kicked the crap out of the lakers.....not the same team by any stretch of the imagination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And what about when the Rockets couldn't beat up the Bulls without Jordan in their championship years? I would say the Bulls owned them considering the circumstances.</div>

No, because they "split" the series in '94 and '95, that's not "ownage"....That Bulls team was still a very good team that pulled off 50+ wins.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Of course the Lakers/Blazers aren't the Bulls/Rockets. The point is teams always give certain teams good match-ups, that doesn't mean that they deserve championship respect or that they'll win a tight playoff series if they don't have homecourt.

The Rockets weren't good enough, too bad.</div>

No the point is that the rockets "were" good enough to beat them and "were" good enough to win back to back titles, and sweep the team that MJ lost against. The point is that you or anyone else can't take away a teams "titles" because "someone wasn't around" especially considering they always handled that "someone" fairly well when both teams were healthy championship caliber rosters. That is the point behind all of this....I'm giving no excuses I'm shooting you straight facts...I don't take away anything that bulls accomplished, but I don't like it when others take away things my team accomplished, so don't expect to come in a rockets fan forum and expect to get away with spewing watery crap from your mouth, because you're a lakers fan that knows little about the rockets franchise.

On a sidenote huevon how many rockets/bulls matchups did u watch in the 90's“ I'm just curious.........

8. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dream @ May 17 2008, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I was just stating a reason, which turned out not to be true...anways that's not the point I'm making...the following are...</div>

You're making excuses, at least some for sure, so own up to them instead of using a rhetorical question ("Excuses?").

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>more proof that you don't know the rockets...I'm guessing we're not taking into consideration the crap Hakeem had to play with all those years. It was so bad that the Rockets actually thought about trading him (similar to the kobe situation) for Vlade Divac!!!!...Only a person who "followed" the rockets would know this though......which you didn't....so it figures you don't know what you're talking about.</div>

When the Rockets did Beat the Bulls, wasn't it practically always at home anyway? You're saying it would be a tight series, I'm sure it would be, and they'd lose. 6-7 games, it doesn't matter.

Aren't you the person that blindly criticizes Kobe, KG, etc. for not winning in spite of the Garbage they had to put up with? Sorry but I could care less about the teammates either had. Of course winning is about teammates, but at the end of the day people don't care, they want results or at least a championship + stats.

Hakeem has that, good for him, but that doesn't mean the Rockets have proven anything against the Bulls.

Sounds to me like you're using a horrific double standard.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>so I'm guessing we don't see the other matchups either...I'm guessing we didn't see the MJ quote?€œ?€œ...I'm guessing we didn't see a 5-1 ownage...I'm just guessing?€œ?......son.</div>

And if you analyze each year more specifically, 1-1 is not ownage. You're generalizing.

See what we have here is what I call, "regression to the mean", and a small sample size of date.

Regression to the mean concludes that in a tight "1-1" sort of season series over the period of 10-12 years, a 2-0 is bound to happen. In fact, if it doesn't that would be awkward. Jordan has a 2-0 for every 2-0 Hakeem has, and my sample size is larger. Your evidence is weak, you cannot show a trend of 6 games in the regular season with three different rosters and try to proclaim holy dominance.

The disgusting and amusing truth is that while the Bulls were solid without Jordan, they were still inferior compared to just a few seasons prior. Obviously this is why they struggled against the Knicks/Magic. Yet the Rockets didn't prove jack against them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>duh, cause that's the year Ralph Sampson was injured (once again you don't "know" rockets history like me, you simply look up stats and act as if you "know" what happened)...This was the injury plagued rockets team that in the previous year kicked the crap out of the lakers.....not the same team by any stretch of the imagination.</div>

Duh what? Jordan and Hakeem had very comparable teams in talent and results that year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>No, because they "split" the series in '94 and '95, that's not "ownage"....That Bulls team was still a very good team that pulled off 50+ wins.....</div>

Yeah, without Jordan they split in their championship seasons, known as ownage considering the unique situation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>No the point is that the rockets "were" good enough to beat them and "were" good enough to win back to back titles, and sweep the team that MJ lost against. The point is that you or anyone else can't take away a teams "titles" because "someone wasn't around" especially considering they always handled that "someone" fairly well when both teams were healthy championship caliber rosters. That is the point behind all of this....I'm giving no excuses I'm shooting you straight facts...I don't take away anything that bulls accomplished, but I don't like it when others take away things my team accomplished, so don't expect to come in a rockets fan forum and expect to get away with spewing watery crap from your mouth, because you're a lakers fan that knows little about the rockets franchise.</div>

Yet not good enough to prove anything versus Chicago without MJ.

They wouldn't have homecourt, all I've seen from the data collected is a hard fought series, with Chicago getting the edge. Houston has no elaborate history of beating Chicago on their home floor.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>On a sidenote huevon how many rockets/bulls matchups did u watch in the 90's?€œ I'm just curious.........</div>

When did Mario Elie become Jordan-ish? I thought you were the expert on this subject.

9. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dream @ May 17 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No one is trying to say that the rockets would've won without a doubt</div>

I am. The Rockets would have wiped the floor with the Bulls every time if they met in the finals betweent 91-96, and maybe be Bulls would have split in 97/98.

huevon, don't associate the clutch city team that got cheated many times and still found ways to win with choking. The NBA feared Houston would ruin MJ's nice little streak. It's a business and they are trying to give the fans what they want to keep interest and revenue. MJ was a cash cow.

10. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 20 2008, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dream @ May 17 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No one is trying to say that the rockets would've won without a doubt</div>

I am. The Rockets would have wiped the floor with the Bulls every time if they met in the finals betweent 91-96, and maybe be Bulls would have split in 97/98.

huevon, don't associate the clutch city team that got cheated many times and still found ways to win with choking. The NBA feared Houston would ruin MJ's nice little streak. It's a business and they are trying to give the fans what they want to keep interest and revenue. MJ was a cash cow.
    </div>

The Dream made better points, you just sound like a conspiracy theorist.

11. igotask8board

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 20 2008, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 20 2008, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dream @ May 17 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No one is trying to say that the rockets would've won without a doubt</div>

</div>

</div>

No the NBA is not a business, I was wrong and a conspiracist for saying that.

If you just watched some of the Rockets playoff runs, you would know what I am talking about. I am a straight shooter, and I'll tell you what I see.

And this brings me back to my original point. Whoever becomes WCF champs only won because Yao Ming got injured. There is not significant evidence to conclude otherwise.

Rockets vs. Lakers 2-1
    Rockets vs. Spurs 2-2

12. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 20 2008, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 20 2008, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 20 2008, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dream @ May 17 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No one is trying to say that the rockets would've won without a doubt</div>

</div>

</div>

No the NBA is not a business, I was wrong and a conspiracist for saying that.

If you just watched some of the Rockets playoff runs, you would know what I am talking about. I am a straight shooter, and I'll tell you what I see.

And this brings me back to my original point. The Lakers, or whoever wins it all this season, only won becaues Yao Ming got injured. There is not significant evidence to conclude otherwise.
    </div>

Didn't the Rockets lose last year with Yao and T-Mac? Plus no one remembers those kind of injuries after a few seasons anyway, it's just the truth.

Not only have the Rockets not produced during the era of the Bulls in the 90's, they haven't played nearly as well against the Bulls as you claim. Dream makes much more tangible statements.

13. igotask8board

How the hell can you argue both ways?

14. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 20 2008, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How the hell can you argue both ways?</div>

What are you talking about?

All you do is bitch about foul calls you probably never saw live.

15. igotask8board

The Rockets beat the Lakers without Yao THIS SEASON. If the Lakers win it all this season, it will be because Yao ming got injured.

Soft spot? You constantly dance around arguments, face it, stope being a hypocrite. You can't have it both ways.

16. igotask8board

If the Lakers win it all this season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 17 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><u>And what about when the Rockets couldn't beat up the Bulls without Jordan in their championship years? I would say the Bulls owned them considering the circumstances</u>.</div>

And what about when the Lakers couldn't beat up the Rockets without Yao in their championship year? I would say the Rockets owned them considering the circumstances.

Yes runaway huevon. Runaway.

This season
    Rockets 2, Lakers 1.

17. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 20 2008, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Rockets beat the Lakers without Yao THIS SEASON. If the Lakers win it all this season, it will be because Yao ming got injured.</div>

Not only are you getting very desperate and ignoring that they never played Pau, but the regular season is not the playoffs, this goes back to your body of evidence which is pathetic.

18. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 20 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 17 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And what about when the Rockets couldn't beat up the Bulls without Jordan in their championship years? I would say the Bulls owned them considering the circumstances.</div>

And what about when the Lakers couldn't beat up the Rockets without Yao in their championship year? I would say the Rockets owned them considering the circumstances.
    </div>

Lol that doesn't change the fact that the Rockets didn't prove anything against the Bulls.

How many games did the Rockets play against Pau?

The Lakers are not the Bulls either.

19. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 20 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If the Lakers win it all this season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 17 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><u>And what about when the Rockets couldn't beat up the Bulls without Jordan in their championship years? I would say the Bulls owned them considering the circumstances</u>.</div>

Yes runaway huevon. Runaway.

This season
    Rockets 2, Lakers 1.
    </div>

People don't care about the Regular Season.

Obviously the Lakers won't have proven anything against the Rockets this year, but the same applies to Houston.

You have not made your case, you can edit your post a million times and you'll never have a logical argument because you're a radical.

20. igotask8board

Forget arguing. You should be a politician.

1.73% chance for the Bulls to get the #1 pick. I love this NBA that is not a business trying to make money. I am not a conspiracist, but a conformist.